Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Just now, BookMan said:

WHat!!????????????

Did I mention TWO GRAND FINALS already??

He hasn't upset anything....only added to it.  Tippet has slotted in the ruck and can drift forward....Tippet, Buddy, Reid forward...potent stuff

This really is comedy Gold for Christmas from you Alex... Comedy Gold!

But you didn't win them.......

Id like to remind you a bunch of no name mostly rejects with 1 under preforming million dollar kid who was banished to the VFL at one stage beat the Swans quite handsomely  in the 2016 GF.....

Team Balance is what its about....there was a time when Ron B had 2 AFL teams at his disposal, North reserves would have made seniors finals easy yet in the 8 or 9 years Ron B was coach they managed 6 GF in a row winning just 2, 1 short of the Dee's record appearances and before you jump on your high horse the 7th GF by north was a replay its not counted...

Seen in the round ball game too, over loading with super talent does not guarantee  a flag, Team Balance.....Team Balance...your one rock star to heavy...

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

But you didn't win them.......

Id like to remind you a bunch of no name mostly rejects with 1 under preforming million dollar kid who was banished to the VFL at one stage beat the Swans quite handsomely  in the 2016 GF.....

Team Balance is what its about....there was a time when Ron B had 2 AFL teams at his disposal, North reserves would have made seniors finals easy yet in the 8 or 9 years Ron B was coach they managed 6 GF in a row winning just 2, 1 short of the Dee's record appearances and before you jump on your high horse the 7th GF by north was a replay its not counted...

Seen in the round ball game too, over loading with super talent does not guarantee  a flag, Team Balance.....Team Balance...your one rock star to heavy...

Lordy lord!!  Do u watch Swans games?  The team is far more balanced now than it was pre Buddy days....

How is success for $$ measured at Melbourne?  

Pay Paul Roos $2 million a year for the club to almost make the top 8?

Sorry, did i mention the TWO Grand Finals yet?

5 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Lordy lord!!  Do u watch Swans games?  The team is far more balanced now than it was pre Buddy days....

How is success for $$ measured at Melbourne?  

Pay Paul Roos $2 million a year for the club to almost make the top 8?

Sorry, did i mention the TWO Grand Finals yet?

You mentioned them i just took no notice because the Swans didn't win them....bla bla bla...

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Coming from an outsiders point of view, I reckon Buddy has been nothing short of sensational for Sydney.

Certainly not his fault the Swans haven't got another GF under their belt.

Definitely worth the money IMO.

The problem will be another 4 or 5 years when he will retire. Not sure how the payments work but it was a 9 or

10 year deal I think.

I'm not sure if Roosy was on 2 million a year, but even if he was, it didn't affect Melbourne's salary cap and was more likely

paid for by a few benefactors anyway.

Has been nothing short of sensational for the club. Has turned them from a basket case into a team that has some credibility.

I think both clubs will be more than happy with the deals.

As always WILL to the rescue...always nice and polite....never said Bud wasn't worth his weight in gold just saying there one rock start to heavy....the Hawks did beat the Swans in the GF when Bud moved to the harbour city, Balance balance balance is what I'm saying......and the Swans dont have it with Tippet and Bud in the same team.

Books trying a slide back hand on Paulie.....outside of Clarkson Roos is regarded as the best AFL coach going around in or out of the game at current....Like Barrasi in his day its "what he brings to the club" the organisational skills of grouping a body of people from the doorman to the coaching staff...you pay big bucks for those type of people...because there dam good at it...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

As always WILL to the rescue...always nice and polite....never said Bud wasn't worth his weight in gold just saying there one rock start to heavy....the Hawks did beat the Swans in the GF when Bud moved to the harbour city, Balance balance balance is what I'm saying......and the Swans dont have it with Tippet and Bud in the same team.

Books trying a slide back hand on Paulie.....outside of Clarkson Roos is regarded as the best AFL coach going around in or out of the game at current....Like Barrasi in his day its "what he brings to the club" the organisational skills of grouping a body of people from the doorman to the coaching staff...you pay big bucks for those type of people...because there dam good at it...

Oh Alex!  Nice attempt to backslide and change what you said before... 

Anyway, I am glad you now agree with me about Buddy

P.S Tippet and Buddy are completely different style of players. Not anywhere near the same. The similarity is they both kick goals and get paid a shitload

P.P.S. I never said Roos was a bad choice...I questioned how you defined value for money and gave you an example.

19 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Oh Alex!  Nice attempt to backslide and change what you said before... 

Anyway, I am glad you now agree with me about Buddy

P.S Tippet and Buddy are completely different style of players. Not anywhere near the same. The similarity is they both kick goals and get paid a shitload

P.P.S. I never said Roos was a bad choice...I questioned how you defined value for money and gave you an example.

Xmas harmony fella...i never questioned Buds worth, only kept repeating 1 rock star top heavy.....Has GCS played a final yet with the brilliant Abblet in the team? no they have <deleted> not.....

Merry xmas kid 

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Xmas harmony fella...i never questioned Buds worth, only kept repeating 1 rock star top heavy.....Has GCS played a final yet with the brilliant Abblet in the team? no they have <deleted> not.....

Merry xmas kid 

Here is a Xmas present quote from one of your posts Alex (#8035)...i know you are forgetting things these days..
I will send Chimpy down to you for a few days to help clean about the house and buy you some christmas foods

.... AFL player on the planet long before he got to Sydney,  was he worth 10 plus million....debatable, 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Here is a Xmas present quote from one of your posts Alex (#8035)...i know you are forgetting things these days..
I will send Chimpy down to you for a few days to help clean about the house and buy you some christmas foods

Thats right i havent questioned his worth and you young man would get thrown out of court with the argument you keep throwing up in here....

Fact, Hawks wont the flag after the year Bud left.

Fact, Swans play in 2 GF's counting 2 losses....with Bud in the team...doesnt matter if Tippet was in the line in both GF's the fact is one of these two guys is counter balancing your team...both are seen as match winners in the cosmic process of AFL you cannot have 2 match winners it does not compute fella and to further clarify the possible absence of one of these two mega stars is this, Longmire has fashioned the group around these to guys from personal to playing style ever so slight a tweak it is a tweak with runs counter clockwise to a well oiled machine such was the Hawks and the Bullies when they beat you....

Hawks a well balanced team

Swans not a well balanced team....

17 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Thats right i havent questioned his worth and you young man would get thrown out of court with the argument you keep throwing up in here....

Fact, Hawks wont the flag after the year Bud left.

Fact, Swans play in 2 GF's counting 2 losses....with Bud in the team...doesnt matter if Tippet was in the line in both GF's the fact is one of these two guys is counter balancing your team...both are seen as match winners in the cosmic process of AFL you cannot have 2 match winners it does not compute fella and to further clarify the possible absence of one of these two mega stars is this, Longmire has fashioned the group around these to guys from personal to playing style ever so slight a tweak it is a tweak with runs counter clockwise to a well oiled machine such was the Hawks and the Bullies when they beat you....

Hawks a well balanced team

Swans not a well balanced team....

Yeah..sorry...  You saying Buddy's worth is debatable IS questioning his worth.  Your words , not mine.
Come on big fella, man up and admit you got that wrong!

Tippet is not seen as a match winner at Sydney.  Maybe for outsiders like yourself who don;t watch him play and only read about him through Herald Sun headlines, you might think he is a match winner. He isn't at all.

Alex...as for a well balanced team.  need I again remind you of the TWO grand finals?  You don't make a grand final without balance in your team.

3 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Well lads, 

Enjoy your day, if Christmas is your thing, enjoy that.
For me, it is just another day
Which i will be spending in the company of a lovely lovely young lass
:wai:

More to the point BM, what's Chimpy doing?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Yeah..sorry...  You saying Buddy's worth is debatable IS questioning his worth.  Your words , not mine.
Come on big fella, man up and admit you got that wrong!

Tippet is not seen as a match winner at Sydney.  Maybe for outsiders like yourself who don;t watch him play and only read about him through Herald Sun headlines, you might think he is a match winner. He isn't at all.

Alex...as for a well balanced team.  need I again remind you of the TWO grand finals?  You don't make a grand final without balance in your team.

Tippet was a megastar when he went there end of story....

The value placed on Bud is debatable even if he's the best there is and its always the case when top guy is  paid well above the pack.

Tippet and Bud are forward ruck ruck rover types,, Tippet was sailing the crest of a wave this season until injured....they play a very similar game....there for the cosmic law is bent at Swanland....the coach has fashioned a playing style around these two its not working because it's out of wack...

When you build a house fella you plan it form the roof down but build it from the footings up...do you get my drift?

In plain english there is  only one roof but the swans have 2....this is putting undue strain on the load bearing walls followed by the footings....are you getting it yet?

To make it work one needs to go back to the days of a full forward and a centre half forward....a more traditional role for each player then your getting your 3 story house and its balanced....understand?

As for the 2 FAILED attempts at winning a flag running second means nothing in AFL, no one but the supporters of the winning team recall who there team beat in the GF kid...

Just optus and me....

Edited by AlexRRR

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Tippet was a megastar when he went there end of story....

The value placed on Bud is debatable even if he's the best there is and its always the case when top guy is  paid well above the pack.

Tippet and Bud are forward ruck ruck rover types,, Tippet was sailing the crest of a wave this season until injured....they play a very similar game....there for the cosmic law is bent at Swanland....the coach has fashioned a playing style around these two its not working because it's out of wack...

When you build a house fella you plan it form the roof down but build it from the footings up...do you get my drift?

In plain english there is  only one roof but the swans have 2....this is putting undue strain on the load bearing walls followed by the footings....are you getting it yet?

To make it work one needs to go back to the days of a full forward and a centre half forward....a more traditional role for each player then your getting your 3 story house and its balanced....understand?

Settle down old fella!  You will blow a head gasket and they are expensive to fix on those old Valiants.

Firstly you said that Buddy’s worth was debatable, then you said you never said you questioned his worth and now again you are saying his worth is debatable.
Gentlemen, this is a very rare triple flip!!!!

I don’t think you could have watched Tippet or Buddy play at Sydney if you think they play a similar game at all.  Tippet as a ruck rover?  You must be kidding me…Tippet now plays straight ruckman and then resting ruckman up forward.   When he came to Sydney, yes he was recruited as a full forward and was a primary target, but things change old fella!  Roles within the team change and you need to keep up!

Buddy is a super mobile Half Forward who is almost a midfielder. He has been seen around the ruck on occasion.  He has pace and strength and will run and carry and take on the tacklers. Buddy can pinch hit a few tapouts if we are desperate. He is always providing a target and works hard for marks. Not a great contested mark, but he can and does change games.

Tippet has strength but he is never a run and carry guy and he has no pace. Unlike Buddy he wont be taking on players, selling teh candy, running through them. You don’t want Tippet having the ball in hand and making quick decisions. He is a stand and mark kind of guy, providing some leads. He is best playing deep forward, not across the half forward line.

They are different styles of players with vastly different strengths, but the similarity is they are both highly paid, they both kick goals, and they are both big men.
So people tend to assume we have two players the same because they came as highly paid goal kicking forwards.
Tippet is paid too much, no doubt about it, but we are stuck with him, so that is that.

As always , the proof is in the results. 3 finals series, 2 grand finals, almost three.

As for who remembers the losing side, I can assure you all Sydney supporters do.

If Melbourne actually make a GF again, you can tell me if you feel if that was a success or not, win or lose.

8 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Photographic proof or it didn't happen.

b0219.gif

It was a day well spent...photographic proof is in my hands.

We visited the Grand Palace. First time in 6 years i have entered the place.  I have been there two time in between with friends but did not enter due to the overwhelming mass of Chinese tour groups.

But today was manageable and some lovely photo ops. It really is a magical place the Grand Palace, if only I could view it all without the hordes.

Of course, the day was made all the more enjoyable by the company I kept

Entry fee is now 500 Baht..

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

More to the point BM, what's Chimpy doing?

Chimps was all set to double date with me...

When I say Double date, i mean he was bringing along two girlfriends for himself.

Alas, Chimps was refused entry to the BTS system because he was carrying a bunch of helium filled balloons. 
A situation with a taser, some very long batons, and several small sized security guards began to ensue...

I have the misfortune of intimately knowing Chimps and his fetishes, and they do include prodding and electric shocks and small men...so i knew there would be a large delay and possible life time banning from the Bangkok transport system, so I exited stairs upwards and left him to his own devices.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

The year is almost over as we approach a new year prediction time for season 2017 is at hand.....ive gazed into my whisky glass....JW Black, double when available....the following has been revealed to me in a haze of liquid golden brown .....

AlexRRR, that is Poster of the Year stuff right there fella:clap2:

I must admit though, when I read your assessment of West Coast, my song was Downhearted by Australia Crawl.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

AlexRRR, that is Poster of the Year stuff right there fella:clap2:

I must admit though, when I read your assessment of West Coast, my song was Downhearted by Australia Crawl.

The critics will be out in force over there chosen song mr WILL....i like to add here it was difficult...the song part as i prefer new music alternative and often latin and reggae, i had to scrape the barrel of my youth to come up with these....

Ps i preferred Eric Clapton's version of Knocking on Heavens Door, he did it in a reggae style....did a great job on Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff" live that i have somewhere in the basement of my sordid life.....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

The year is almost over as we approach a new year prediction time for season 2017 is at hand.....ive gazed into my whisky glass....JW Black, double when available....the following has been revealed to me in a haze of liquid golden brown .....

Great stuff Alex... starting your morning with a bottle of Scotch and a bowl of cornflakes?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BookMan said:

Great stuff Alex... starting your morning with a bottle of Scotch and a bowl of cornflakes?

Thank you for your compliment....hard liquor is drank after 7pm, Beer after 1 pm....

I have milk with half a teaspoon of coffee in it you see I'm like my mum almost ....i dont like white food unless its chocolate, well most white foods....especially crapy white sauces that people are fond of putting on there pasta....

Cornflakes dont ummmm bulk out the bowl but weeties or wheat Bix do so sometimes i add cornflakes and sometimes i add rice bubbles and sometimes i just stick to the wheat bix kid....but not today i was fasting just 2 cups of coffee......the buzz from the caffeine inspired me....the golden brown liquid was the coffee...i have writers privilege and needed to spice it up for my detractors....

Edited by AlexRRR