Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Freo star Nat Fyfe ruled out of clash with Giants

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-28/freo-star-nat-fyfe-ruled-out-of-clash-with-giants

Don't worry about Goodsey, everyone should be booing that sniper Sam Mitchelltongue.png

There will be no more booing at games.

Spectators will be provided with masking tape on entry to covers there mouths.

You will be restricted to arm waving when disputing an umpire decision and clapping when your side kicks a goal.

Also there will be no wearing your teams colours to home games as this will discriminate against the travelling sides minority spectators.

tongue.png

• Like 2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-28/freo-star-nat-fyfe-ruled-out-of-clash-with-giants

Don't worry about Goodsey, everyone should be booing that sniper Sam Mitchelltongue.png

You will be restricted to arm waving when disputing an umpire decision and clapping when your side kicks a goal.

Also there will be no wearing your teams colours to home games as this will discriminate against the travelling sides minority spectators.

tongue.png

Haha!

And, anyone who writes BOO!! on their mask will be ejected from the ground.

But?? how am I going to eat my treat of hot salty chips..

• Like 1

tongue.png

Haha!

And, anyone who writes BOO!! on their mask will be ejected from the ground.

But?? how am I going to eat my treat of hot salty chips..

You will have to talk to the afl ceo about that onelaugh.png

The Swans wont win a game for at least 3 weeks.

3 weeks?,, Round 20. Good call. I would be happy with that outcome.

I'm hoping that when the Weagles down the Dockers, they will kick clear at the top of the ladder.

Simmo has stated that the plan is to finish as high as they can.

If,,,the Weagles take a perch on the top rung, I think they have a reasonable chance of holding top spot at the end of round 23.

Heeney is back in the team and i am saying now he is a future Brownlow winner. He'll turn things around for Sydney this season, so I am confident, expecting, hoping they pull a few wins out o fthe hat.

Can't see Sydney winning this year. Nor Fremantle. Nor Collingwood. Nor Richmond.

I'll be here to watch you eat your words. gigglem.gif

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

My take on the Goodes booing thing.

I consider him to be a champion player and have marvelled at his play at times over the years.

Firstly, as the other 70+ indigenous players aren't getting booed, I don't consider it a racist thing, it's about this individual.

I was watching the game where some ill bred, ferrel child called him an offensive name. At the time I thought his reaction was way over the top. He stopped playing while he sought security guards to grab the kid and made them take further action. He then left the field and went to the clubrooms for a cry, even though the game was continuing.

Much too precious to be playing AFL footy in my opinion, particularly when I think of some of the insults I copped on the field during my playing days. And it's nothing compared to the booing the American golf player Weekly gets every time he plays a shot!

His war dance directed at the opposition crowd was offensive and ill considered in my opinion,and to compare it to the Maori haka was an insult to the Kiwis. This ceremonial dance is done before a game and directed at their opponents, not the paying public!

Jetta's fumble footed version of the war dance was even more pathetic considering he ended it with a very Italian gesture to indicate what the crowd could do to themselves. Other players over the years who have made similar hand thrusts at the spectators have found themselves in trouble with the tribunal, not praised by a weak CEO!

Jetta then spent the rest of the game head hunting his opponents thus reducing his effectiveness as a player. I hope the Eagles don't head hunt him next year!

I don't condone booing, have never done it myself, and wish idiot spectators would stop the practice. Although, having once sat through an Anzac game at the MCG where Essendon beat the Crims, I don't think it is likely anytime soon.

Goodes should just get on with playing footy and leave the histrionics to players emotionally equipped to utilise it.

I just saw a video clip of Alan Jones, a man I despise, interviewed on the Sunrise show.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/swans-star-adam-goodes-always-plays-the-victim-alan-jones-20150729-gimmn3

He stated many of the same things I did in this post. Coincidental, and possibly the only time I have ever partially agreed with any of his comments.

Edited by Old Croc

Malthouse coached West Coast to their first two premierships before also leading Collingwood to the flag.

"(Adelaide) is a replica of what I saw at West Coast - it came from nothing and it developed a winning culture," he said.

The Eagles should have won at least three, possibly four premierships with the side that Malthouse inherited. He left them as a shell of the great side he started with.

And I can't forget him signing up (handshake deal) to coach The Crims during a lunch with Eddie half way through his last season in the west.

Never liked the man nor his defensive coaching style.

Adelaide would be fools to consider him. Get on with retirement Mick!

Yep, and i'm pretty sure he was still under contract to WC.

Then he has the audacity to bang on about "honouring contracts"!

Malthouse coached West Coast to their first two premierships before also leading Collingwood to the flag.

"(Adelaide) is a replica of what I saw at West Coast - it came from nothing and it developed a winning culture," he said.

The Eagles should have won at least three, possibly four premierships with the side that Malthouse inherited. He left them as a shell of the great side he started with.

And I can't forget him signing up (handshake deal) to coach The Crims during a lunch with Eddie half way through his last season in the west.

They denied it at the time, but strangely Collingwood stopped advertising for a coach that very week, and Eddie wouldn't be drawn on the subject on the Footy Show for the rest of the season.

They denied it at the time, but strangely Collingwood stopped advertising for a coach that very week, and Eddie wouldn't be drawn on the subject on the Footy Show for the rest of the season.

I remember George Grljusich from the ABC broadcasting on radio that Malthouse was leaving the Eagles to coach Collingwood.

Malthouse rang in and abused George for "making up rumours"whistling.gif

• Like 2

Old Croc,

The word crims is off the list now as well.

facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Well done to Premier Barnett and Jason Ackermanis for giving a different view on last weeks debacle.

Probably tips the balance to Swans beating the Crows now giving the boys a chance to concentrate on football.

Hawks,port,roos,crows,cats,pies,eagles,bombers and dockers for me.

• Like 1

Gangsters

All of the games this week appear to be one-sided. On paper anyway.

Although history tells us that there is a huge chance of an upset.

If all goes according to the odds however, this weeks round could be won on tonights margin.

Good luck fella's.

I better get that sorted

Gangsters

All of the games this week appear to be one-sided. On paper anyway.

Although history tells us that there is a huge chance of an upset.

If all goes according to the odds however, this weeks round could be won on tonights margin.

Good luck fella's.

37 points.

• Like 1

a question if i may.

the Crows with a 15.5 handicap over the Swans, isn't bad IMHO bearing in mind how woeful the Swan were last week.

what say you ? and an important factor being whether the big fellas back up front for the Swans.

• Like 1

'about time an upset came my way :P

Interesting to see that both Richmond and Sydney have exactly the same percentage despite the Swans having (currently at least for another hour) a game in hand, don't remember seeing that too often...

The rest of the days games seem pretty easy to pick, though with the Dees up by 3 goals at 1/4 time against the Pies, it could be another one down the toilet..

Big game will be the Swans v Crows, I know the boys will be itching to get this one in the bag for Goodesey and I'm expecting a big bag from the Bondi Billionaires. Looking forward to seeing Jetts really hustle today.

I think WC are lucky Gaz's out for the season as I think GC would've been in with a chance tonight at Metricon. Add in that Rischettelli is out and there's not much chop in the midfield for the Suns... Bennell and Dixon will need to fire if they're any chance of it not being a percentage booster for the Eagles...

North should overcome Carlton without scoring a goal in the 3rd quarter..

Power shouldn't have too many problems dealing with the Saints over in Adelaide...

Doggies should be too quick for the Bombers...

Dockers and Giants could be the game of the round, I'd back the Giants in for another upset with no Fyfe...

• Like 1

a question if i may.

the Crows with a 15.5 handicap over the Swans, isn't bad IMHO bearing in mind how woeful the Swan were last week.

what say you ? and an important factor being whether the big fellas back up front for the Swans.

Not bad...

15.5 points means Sydney has to win by more than 15.5 points? That line betting confuses me...

As it was Sydney turned up to play (didn't see the game)