Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Cloke out for Collingwood. I was thinking that was a good thing as he is about as effective as kicking goals as Teddy Richards...But then he is replaced by Jesse White...

soooooo... one crap shot at goal replaced by another crap shot at goal.

As always, when jesse plays. SYdney sends it best wishes to Eddie. He was one of our special gifts for Collingwood.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Will27 this will stuff up your night

Magpies by 48 tongue.png

I actually thought the Pies would win.

I didn't have the minerals to pick them thoughfacepalm.gif

sheez mate...coming second out ahead of the tipping pack and now you lose your balls?

Well, Collingwood, with nothing to play for, decided to come and play..

Geelong, everything to play for, decide to play one of their worst games of the season. Clearly they had just watched the 2014 GF between Sydney and Hawthorn and got confused about which team they should be playing like

• Like 2

Will27 this will stuff up your night

Magpies by 48 tongue.png

I actually thought the Pies would win.

I didn't have the minerals to pick them thoughfacepalm.gif

sheez mate...coming second out ahead of the tipping pack and now you lose your balls?

Well, Collingwood, with nothing to play for, decided to come and play..

Geelong, everything to play for, decide to play one of their worst games of the season. Clearly they had just watched the 2014 GF between Sydney and Hawthorn and got confused about which team they should be playing like

I know mate, with CJ being ineligible, I could've opened up an almost unassailable lead.

I was just being a steady Eddy really. That's the type of pick you try when you're 4 or 5 behind

not 4 or 5 in fronttongue.png

• Like 1

I know mate, with CJ being ineligible, I could've opened up an almost unassailable lead.

I was just being a steady Eddy really. That's the type of pick you try when you're 4 or 5 behind

not 4 or 5 in fronttongue.png

I shuold be making those picks myself..im ..err...I'm a lot behind...must have been that round i forgot to pick any and got 0/9

• Like 1

Bookman's Rant of The day

Okay..soo Chimpy and I were talking this morning...he has been giving me the silent treatment for 2 weeks since we got back to Oz. Chimpy wanted to fly back business class and I wanted him to go as excess baggage. We reached , what I thought was a compromise. I dressed him up a as a small child and paid half fare. Anyway, he was sulking since...until this morning..

What bugs both of us is the 'Playing for pride'. 'The club is a proud club'..

Come on! What a load of twaddle. Is there ANY club that is not a proud club? Is there any club who is not proud of the history of the club? Even a new club, surely those around it have Pride in building their club? The members who make up a club do so because they support their club, so they have pride in their club.

I don't single out any one commentator in particular, though Eddie and Bruce come to mind

Chimpy is meeting with the AFL media rep next week and will addressing our concerns of excessive hyperbole.

Seems, BM that you maybe a bit pissed about the result. I know I am.

Last night at the end of the game I saw on TV was Eddie leading a Chinese group adorned in Collingwood scarfs.

They were all woo-ping it up.

Thoughts of a possible future merchandising outlet for AFL products (Collingwood first) in China came to mind.

Maybe the Pies were playing for a bonus after season trip to China with a wad of offshore Yuan to slip the salary cap.

Some could come back with some interesting tatts.

• Like 1

Here we are lads! Season almost over, tipping almost over. Still , a chance to go 9 for 9!?

Here are my tips..

Geelong V Collingwood: Geelong can't play worse than last week can they? Collingwood players are mentally challenged at the best of time so with nothing to play for they will almost certainly pay their best game of the year. Eddie is sure Collingwood should have made the finals and Sydney's Academy system is to blame. Buckley is the best coach in the AFL...Anyway, should Buckley fail (again) Eddie will step in and show how it is done. Geelong for me.

GWS V Carlton: No one cares. No one will be watching, GWS for me

Hawks v Brissie: jeez...it would be great to see the hawks lose to Brisbane.. but... it ain't gonna happen. Hawks for me

North v Doggies: Should be an exciting game. Lots of run from both teams. North won last week and it was without their main forwards kicking the goals...certainly makes them potent when all clicks. Playing at the doggies favourite round Etihad, it could favor them. I reckon either team could pull back a six goal deficit in quick time...hold on to your seats!, Anyway, I'm backing North here.

Essendon v Richmond: Hird has gone but essendon still has a team of potential winners masquerading as losers. Forget any come back this season, Richmond to win easily. Richmond GF contenders? I reckon they are a smokie or sure. The best news from Richmond is they are going to be teaching all their player sign language so they can communicate with the deaf (apologies...hearing impaired) fans.

Gold Coast v Port: Druggues v the Chadsters. Anyone else finding Chad extremely annoying? Stop your constant whining son!! And get a hair cut. Port to win easily. Gold coast boys are already thinking about end of year parties and who they can score from now Karmichael Hunt is out of the loop.

Adelaide v West Coast: I think West Coast can win it this year. They have gotten better as the season moves on. Goal kicking wont be an issue for sure. I reckon Adelaide are going to cop a mini thumping here. Adelaide is basically back to full strength, so it will be an indicator for them just where they are sitting., They need the win really to consolidate their finals spot. Still...Eagles for me

Saints v Sydney: Commentators were raving Sydney was back to Sydney standards last week, but I am yet to be convinced. ST Kilda might test their resolve a little... Could be a tight first half, but I expect Sydney to win here. They Should and really need to win BIG.

Freo V Melb: Well Alexxrr seems confident Melbourne will put up a fight here, so based on that I will Defo be backing Freo. Jay Schulz heading to Freo next year by all accounts.

Ahh yes a fight I expect after two pitiful games and Freo will let them for 3 quarters of course it's all to lengthen the odds for the GF, Dees can slow the scoring down if there on the ball, but in the end Freo are on top of the ladder because there been the best team all season, though in the impossible realm of Improbability upsets are common these days and not totally out of the question, if it happens it will either steamroll Freo through the finals or be bundled out first week.....now how's that for covering all bases....??????

• Like 1

Okay..soo Chimpy and I were talking this morning...he has been giving me the silent treatment for 2 weeks since we got back to Oz. Chimpy wanted to fly back business class and I wanted him to go as excess baggage. We reached , what I thought was a compromise. I dressed him up a as a small child and paid half fare. Anyway, he was sulking since...until this morning..

Come on! What a load of twaddle. Is there ANY club that is not a proud club? Is there any club who is not proud of the history of the club? Even a new club, surely those around it have Pride in building their club? The members who make up a club do so because they support their club, so they have pride in their club.

I don't single out any one commentator in particular, though Eddie and Bruce come to mind

Chimpy is meeting with the AFL media rep next week and will addressing our concerns of excessive hyperbole.

Think lack of air in luggage hold affected you.

The days of playing for the jumper are long gone, it's been replaced with professionalism, either an AFL player has it or they don't.

Gypsies, journeymen call them what you want, just look at the Dogs who threw the check book at that kid and told him to write his own figure in it....seemed like a dumb move but actually shows confidence in getting ur man an building a team around him...look at the Dogs now...Tippet, Franklin, soon Dangerfeild.

Only us supporters stay true to the jumper AFL is going the way of many codes now the best we can hope for is that the player we attract is a professional and gives his all.

Wops I think I missed something here.....haha

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Fantasy......your going to be sweating it out till Sunday evening jo...hehe, and who is Granny's Apple in fantasy ? Chooks has been borderline last 3 games and looking down the barrel again, still 19 and zip but the cat has almost run out of lives....

• Like 1

Doggies looked good over North tonight. Scoreline flattered North just a bit.

What i liked was the Doggies defensive work in parts, but also their ability to kick a quick couple of goals.. They will blow some sides apart in the next few years if they can keep mot of the players..

Jake Stringer...a lot said already... he is great to watch

• Like 1

Doggies looked good over North tonight. Scoreline flattered North just a bit.

What i liked was the Doggies defensive work in parts, but also their ability to kick a quick couple of goals.. They will blow some sides apart in the next few years if they can keep mot of the players..

Jake Stringer...a lot said already... he is great to watch

Disapointed,we had chances early in the 2nd to get the wood over them but couldn't do it.

They ran the game out really well.

While Chimpys there,can he get the the amount of throws that look a throw but the umpires call a handball addressed as well.

Far to many for my liking.

• Like 1

While Chimpys there,can he get the the amount of throws that look a throw but the umpires call a handball addressed as well.

Far to many for my liking.

Chimpy is happy to add more issues to the agenda.

• Like 1

Fantasy......your going to be sweating it out till Sunday evening jo...hehe, and who is Granny's Apple in fantasy ? Chooks has been borderline last 3 games and looking down the barrel again, still 19 and zip but the cat has almost run out of lives....

Looks like Chook's finally met his match this week in fantasy... Still a half of footy to go but with 2 players against 5 and behind on the scoreboard, doesn't bode well for him...

Look forward to exacting revenge on Alex in the grand final next week...

• Like 1

Strong win from the boys today against the Saints... A bit sloppy in patches and were made to look better than we were, couple of careless shots on goal (3 in a row) could've proved costly against a better side...

Few injuries with Smith benched almost straight after Buddy was handed the red vest (only as a precaution and didn't get injured), Rampe looked like he was in trouble there for a bit - possibly a Sammy Mitchell - and he hobbled around the rest of the match...

Isaac Heeney's going to be strong contender for Rising Star this year, kicked 4, really strong around the ground. Khun BM, I think Tommy's going to be sticking around. Real quality game today, look forward to seeing him fully fit and running next season - will be racking up 50+ games.

Butter Fingers had a solid effort today as well, didn't try too hard and was effective.

Looking forward to next week, if we can see off the Suns in similar fashion things could be interesting if the Saints bounce back and Carlton surprise everyone...

• Like 1