Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

KhunWill is very quiet...

I hope he hasn't thrown his dogs over the fence in frustration...ermm.gif

Maaaaate

The dogs weren't in any danger of going over the fence but the missus wastongue.png

Disappointed with the result and the chance of missing out on top spot but not the end of the world.

The Crows are in good nick and the boys have been up for a while.

If we get the choccies against the Saints, we will finish second which means we will play Hawthorn

at home while the Dockers will play Sydney.

Should be better next week with hopefully, Schofield, Butler, Masten ad Welligham back.

I'd prefer Freo over West Coast for the first week... Our defence was good today, but St Kilda's forward line is hardly the same as West coasts.

• Like 1

Strong win from the boys today against the Saints... A bit sloppy in patches and were made to look better than we were, couple of careless shots on goal (3 in a row) could've proved costly against a better side...

Few injuries with Smith benched almost straight after Buddy was handed the red vest (only as a precaution and didn't get injured), Rampe looked like he was in trouble there for a bit - possibly a Sammy Mitchell - and he hobbled around the rest of the match...

Isaac Heeney's going to be strong contender for Rising Star this year, kicked 4, really strong around the ground. Khun BM, I think Tommy's going to be sticking around. Real quality game today, look forward to seeing him fully fit and running next season - will be racking up 50+ games.

Butter Fingers had a solid effort today as well, didn't try too hard and was effective.

Looking forward to next week, if we can see off the Suns in similar fashion things could be interesting if the Saints bounce back and Carlton surprise everyone...

Yeah Tradebait Tommy was okay today..Not sure i like him when he is in defence though...prefer Zak Jones. Grundy and Rampe were both good today. Goodes took a speccy mark up front..

Still... That was not a game i would be wanting to watch in replay...

Ahhh there you are....were in the Grand Final, ummm good score Grant, can do again?

How do you like that Chooks first loss of the season and it's in the preliminary final.....Amazing, but he!s been doing the colliwobbles for a few weeks now.

I will have more time to prepare for the GF as I will be in BKK then so see you on the MCG come Sunday Grant.

Ahhh there you are....were in the Grand Final, ummm good score Grant, can do again?

How do you like that Chooks first loss of the season and it's in the preliminary final.....Amazing, but he!s been doing the colliwobbles for a few weeks now.

I will have more time to prepare for the GF as I will be in BKK then so see you on the MCG come Sunday Grant.

Well done Fella's

I do enjoy the fantasy and look forward to next year.

Errh,you've followed up the wrong post again Alexbiggrin.png

May the best man win in the final.

• Like 1

Again the Dees turned up late for a game, glad I was away and dint have to endure it, kept Freo to 2.3 in the second half hardly a strong recommendation to take the flag hey.....but Lyon could have something up his sleeves well better hope he has cause if that's all they can do against my hapless club they won't be taking any silver wear this season as well....and that window of opportunity has about 12 more months before it shuts tight for a few years....

• Like 1

Well done Fella's

Haha yes...slips of the sticky fingers on iPad jo....cost me a game once in fantasy as well....

Have to say I've enjoyed fantasy too hope bookie will join in next season and the rest of the regulars and chooks if ur reading this close it to subscribers of this forum invitation by private mail, put to a vote if necessary, I prefer to play against who I know than a few ghosts.

As for the GF win or loose I'm happy I got further than I ever thought I would...

• Like 2

Again the Dees turned up late for a game, glad I was away and dint have to endure it, kept Freo to 2.3 in the second half hardly a strong recommendation to take the flag hey.....but Lyon could have something up his sleeves well better hope he has cause if that's all they can do against my hapless club they won't be taking any silver wear this season as well....and that window of opportunity has about 12 more months before it shuts tight for a few years....

At least they are in with a chance at Silverware ( wear blink.png ) which is more than one hapless club can claim.

• Like 2

This week there were 4 with 7/9. This weeks winner is Will27 with the best margin. Overall leader is Carnegie Joe. He is 2 clear of Will27. One week to go so he may be hard to beat. The challenge is there for Will27.

No challenge for me.......surely CJ is ineligible?

Well done Fella's

I think AlexRRR has been on the turps sake againbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Freo actually kicked 6.3 in the second half.

I think you're turning Japanese.........I really think sotongue.png

• Like 2

Maaaaate

The dogs weren't in any danger of going over the fence but the missus wastongue.png

I've been there... The problem was the missus kept coming back

• Like 2

Freo actually kicked 6.3 in the second half.

I think you're turning Japanese.........I really think sotongue.png

Everything is compacted in Japan

• Like 1

Tipsters

Next Friday's game North versus Richmond is massive.

If North can beat Richmod and the Crows can beat Geelong, Ade will go to 6th

and get a home final.

Assuming the WB beat Brisbane, they will finish 5th and play North and Ade

will play Richmod at home.

Any inside tips from your mate Dustin?

This week there were 4 with 7/9. This weeks winner is Will27 with the best margin. Overall leader is Carnegie Joe. He is 2 clear of Will27. One week to go so he may be hard to beat. The challenge is there for Will27.

Why?

He was a member of Thaivisa when the tippiing contast started.

He has submitted his tips every week.

There were no rules stipulating that if you are banned from Thaivisa then you are banned from our comp.

He is not a clone from another member.

Sorry

Why?

There were no rules stipulating that if you are banned from Thaivisa then you are banned from our comp.

Sorry

He was also a member of the fantasy,i think as long as he's not a clone which i doubt as for memory he was a pies supporter.

Unfortunatley Khun Will you will be an admiral bridesmaid againtongue.png

Next year it needs to be addressed as has been mentioned as its a by product of the forum.thumbsup.gif

I think CJ's speach will be short(nothing) which will be a letdown.

Maybe Bookman or Chimpy as a past winner could do one for him.smile.png

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

Why?

Sorry

He was also a member of the fantasy,i think as long as he's not a clone which i doubt as for memory he was a pies supporter.

Next year it needs to be addressed as has been mentioned as its a by product of the forum.thumbsup.gif

Has anyone sppken to Carnegiejoe or know him??? Supposed Dogs supporter from memory.

He was created during a time chooka was on suspension...and posted in the same news threads during that time...Mysteriously stopped posting after Chooka returned from suspension... Then CarnegieJoe was banned same time as chooka...due to ip addresses being the same i assume?

So, the valid theory seems to be that chooka and Carnegie Joe are one and the same.

If that is the case, the rules were only one entry allowed!

If carnegie is not chooka, and someone personally can vouch for that, I put it down to remarkable coincidence.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Well done Fella's

I think AlexRRR has been on the turps sake againbiggrin.png

Ummmm more slips of finger on iPad.....I went back by accident to the Carlton game...

A beer here is only about $1.20 more than a glass of coke, don't make much sense drinking the soft stuff here, everything you can imagine including booze available 24/7 in drink machine and every 7/11 type store around....no just 1 corona with my dinner.

• Like 1

Why?

Sorry

Has anyone sppken to Carnegiejoe or know him??? Supposed Dogs supporter from memory.

He was created during a time chooka was on suspension...and posted in the same news threads during that time...Mysteriously stopped posting after Chooka returned from suspension... Then CarnegieJoe was banned same time as chooka...due to ip addresses being the same i assume?

So, the valid theory seems to be that chooka and Carnegie Joe are one and the same.

If that is the case, the rules were only one entry allowed!

If carnegie is not chooka, and someone personally can vouch for that, I put it down to remarkable coincidence.

It didn't concern me that he was banned (like chooka).

What concerned me was that it was another ID chooka created after beng banned.

If it's not a dual ID, fair enough, no problem.

If it is, well I don't thik having 2 bites of the cherry is fair.

I guess the only way to find out would be from a mod?

Otherwise I'm going to push for a Royal Commissionbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Well Rossy's going to be under the pump this week if he doesn't get his way with Emperor McGuire... Wants to rest a raft of players now they've sewn up the minor premiership, at least he asked this time if he could do it :P Well I suppose he had to after the rules were changed after he went through the gaping loop hole in 2013.

That could prove a bit of a pain in the arse if gets his way for the Fantasy Grand Final. Though GrannysApples should be able to put up a formidable lineup against the Delighful Dees (sic)...

• Like 1

Tipsters

Next Friday's game North versus Richmond is massive.

If North can beat Richmod and the Crows can beat Geelong, Ade will go to 6th

and get a home final.

Assuming the WB beat Brisbane, they will finish 5th and play North and Ade

will play Richmod at home.

Any inside tips from your mate Dustin?

The only tip I received from Dusty was about a new tattoo parlour.

You know what I think about North BookMan. Needless to say, I won't be picking them.

Well Rossy's going to be under the pump this week if he doesn't get his way with Emperor McGuire... Wants to rest a raft of players now they've sewn up the minor premiership, at least he asked this time if he could do it tongue.png Well I suppose he had to after the rules were changed after he went through the gaping loop hole in 2013.

That could prove a bit of a pain in the arse if gets his way for the Fantasy Grand Final. Though GrannysApples should be able to put up a formidable lineup against the Delighful Dees (sic)...

I didn't realise the AFL had implemented a rule Mr Smith.

Do you know what the ramifications are if Freo decided not to play 7 or 8?

It's not as if Port are in the finals.

Any restrictions would seem unfair to me.

Well Rossy's going to be under the pump this week if he doesn't get his way with Emperor McGuire... Wants to rest a raft of players now they've sewn up the minor premiership, at least he asked this time if he could do it tongue.png Well I suppose he had to after the rules were changed after he went through the gaping loop hole in 2013.

I didn't realise the AFL had implemented a rule Mr Smith.

Do you know what the ramifications are if Freo decided not to play 7 or 8?

It's not as if Port are in the finals.

Any restrictions would seem unfair to me.

I didn't either until today but yeah under the "integrity rules" as they're known (rule 29) was introduced after Rossy did the same thing against the Saints, not sure on what sanctions they'd face if they did go ahead with it. Possibly loss of points?

"For the avoidance of doubt "legitimate competitive objective" includes the development of the team or players or management of player fatigue or injuries but does not include improving a club’s draft position, improving a club's position with respect to a potential player exchange or manipulating a club's position on the ladder for the purpose of improving its draw within the finals series"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-30/freo-players-rests-hinge-on-integrity-rule

It could be argued that they'll be allowed to do it, but Lord Fitzpatrick and Emperor McGuire will have to give it the green light...

• Like 1