Do you hate your father

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I've got the other two on ignore, so you can't be that bad.

I don't have anyone on ignore.  But, I'm well adjusted and don't need the head in the sand approach to life even considering being abandoned by my birth parents.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've got the other two on ignore, so you can't be that bad.

Shame that as Sanemax has just made an excellent post, really insightful. Maybe it was the goading, or maybe he's turned a corner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That was when She was being nice .

When I was a toddler , I had a bad "accident" , fell over , hit my face on the floor and smashed my teeth up, giving me missing teeth and buck teeth , leaving my unable to talk properly , unable to pronounce words and so I never smiled and rarely spoke to anyone .

It was only when I got to my early teens that the dentist was able to straighten my teeth and I could then talk properly .

I left home about 15 and didnt go back .

Went back about ten years later though, just to say hello .

And She strongly hinted that I didnt have an accident and that she deliberately smashed my face up and she was laughing about it , she had a mad , evil look in her eye and laughing at the same time .

I just shrugged my shoulders , got up and walked out

Thats Nikky Six stuff... Brutal...    Some people just don't deserve to have kids, but then half the decent people in the world wouldn't be here if they didn't - a catch 22 situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

I don't have anyone on ignore.  But, I'm well adjusted and don't need the head in the sand approach to life even considering being abandoned by my birth parents.   

He can't hear you mate, he's got you on ignore.

Shame as I've really appreciated your posts in this thread. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Shame that as Sanemax has just made an excellent post, really insightful. Maybe it was the goading, or maybe he's turned a corner.

Brit can't handle anyone who uses intelligence and logic in a discussion in conflict with his extreme views....     He prefers to discus banging numerous 20 year olds than face discussion with people who disagree with him...  part of me kind of agrees with the poor old bugger on that point !!!!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, allanos said:

I have two children from generation X, and two who are millenials, all born in South Africa.  I gave all of them the education I could afford, and tried to be a good mentor and role model for them.  I made every effort to avoid them seeing me drunk at any time, for example, although I was a bit of a party animal. I gave them all a modest start in one way or another.

Two are now in the United Kingdom, one is in Ireland, and one is in New Zealand.

Their achievements are all down to them.They have all got on with their lives, and, to this point, made a success of them.

My belief is that motivation comes from within, and that every person with an average IQ can and will become a success, if they have the will to do it. It has nothing to do with the generation they were born in.

To continue the last thought, less than 4% of the baby boom generation have become self-supporting (and which I would largely define as success).  Living on a state pension is not my idea of success.

Yes, just 4% as you say.  And that was the good times!

Even tougher now imo.  My brother did a great job with his two kids, both are in good jobs, and sadly don't have a pot to pxxx in.  On the contrary, both suffering under the millstone of student loans even a few years' later.  

I've done reasonably well, but I think it was much easier, and I am not averse to hard work if the money is there.  I'm still eager to go but really everything I run through my mind simply doesn't cut the mustard.

I respect South Africans, but on this occasion mate......

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats Nikky Six stuff... Brutal...    Some people just don't deserve to have kids, but then half the decent people in the world wouldn't be here if they didn't - a catch 22 situation. 

It is getting a bit melancholic , lets have some music  

On 4/28/2019 at 3:31 PM, madmen said:

Extremely violent alcoholic east European father who beat both me and my mother senseless throughout my whole child hood . I celebrated when the pig died.

Did you bash him for bashing your mum when you were old enough? 

My dad hit my mum once when my brother and I were small. When we got big enough we thoroughly paid him back several times and we told him why.

He had to go to work with carpet burns on his face one time. He took it fairly well and we get on fine.

He kicked my dog also so he also received a kicking.

If I was the OPs dad he wouldn’t be getting a cent. 

Just now, faraday said:

My father was a strong, compassionate man.

Very successful, independent & loving towards us.

Far from perfect, but then who is ?

I remember with such warm feelings, him holding me close outside, on the cold winter evenings to show me the stars, & point out the Constellations.

After two strokes, & in his final few weeks, he was so weak, so exhausted.

I helped him into bed one night & he held on to me: Beaten

Son became father.

Miss him, miss him so much.

I wasn't quite as nice as you were to yours, but the night before my dad died I was home when they took him to the hospital. I had pulled a lot of strings to get a contract job near home so I would be around during his final time.  It was sad to see what once was a physically fit man just beaten down.  Broke, in debt, unable to get around due to his lung issues and 40 years of chain smoking.  Had not much left to live for.  Hats off to my sisters that would call him regularly and make small talk as he sat in his reclining chair.

I have no interest in the company in the video below, AJE is it for me, 

but the videos were well made and said much.

I wanted to post another video, but couldn't find it.

It was a son, showing up at dads door with a crat of beer. No words said, but a big hug and a cold glass was it.

The message was clear; even if you and dad derails, he is always your dad and with the right stuff everything is possible.

Rgds,

I use it to hear the same story in trials at courthouses. Grown men would cry and say My parents were bad so I should I not be punished for my crimes. Did not work then and does not work now. You are responsible for your actions not your parents or anyone else. The consequences you are suffering from are self inflicted. Forgive your dad and move on to a better life. 

9 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I use it to hear the same story in trials at courthouses. Grown men would cry and say My parents were bad so I should I not be punished for my crimes. Did not work then and does not work now. You are responsible for your actions not your parents or anyone else. The consequences you are suffering from are self inflicted. Forgive your dad and move on to a better life. 

I definitely agree with you about some of the so called court room defenses.  Gosh everybody had some bad experiences, maybe a bully here and there, had there books dumped while walking between classes, etc.  I remember at the "rehearsal" of my Junior High school graduation.  Just a simple thing,  We sit down in alphabetical order with seats on both sides of the main aisle.  They call your name and you get up and walk up to the podium two by two.  As I got into the main aisle there was this "person" next to me that said "look at what I got stuck with".  I wasn't hurt.  I was 15 at the time and had my own friends and self worth.  I was just amazed that this nit said such a thing and for what would be a 30 second walk. 

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Phew!

"Thanks for sharing" everyone.

Now........sibling loathing........any thoughts on that?

Five words.

Edward VIII and George VI

16 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

The boomers all got rich at the millenials expense , How? A house was 10% of the cost compared to the 1980s and wages havent gone up since the GFC. 

What???  That must mean there is a fat payoff waiting for me somewhere!  Tell me where it is and I'll pay a commission.

Seems I read your original post a little differently at first, OP, and this statement caused me to go back and re-read it.

So you hate your father because he won't support you, and you blame your love of drink on him.  Jeez!

Were you victimized?

Did he exploit you?

Did he physically abuse you?

I never met the guy, and I'm certainly not going choose a side in this because I don't know either of you.  But you sound like the spoiled <deleted> my friend has for a son.  You get US$2 per day while your buddy gets a crumbling building, and the president of the US continuously got millions from his dad that he squandered in bad business deals.  Maybe there is an international court of some sort you can take your case to.  You should have figured out by the time you reached legal drinking age that life isn't fair.  A word of advice:  grow the hell up!

BTW this is not condemnation, it's tough love.

Least you could have done is become a pot head instead of a lush.

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I use it to hear the same story in trials at courthouses. Grown men would cry and say My parents were bad so I should I not be punished for my crimes. Did not work then and does not work now. You are responsible for your actions not your parents or anyone else.

You reminded me of this one, from the 1980s.

"All I wanted was a Pepsi, AND SHE WOULDN'T GIVE IT TO ME!"  Talk about abusive parents!

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

What???  That must mean there is a fat payoff waiting for me somewhere!  Tell me where it is and I'll pay a commission.

Seems I read your original post a little differently at first, OP, and this statement caused me to go back and re-read it.

So you hate your father because he won't support you, and you blame your love of drink on him.  Jeez!

Were you victimized?

Did he exploit you?

Did he physically abuse you?

I never met the guy, and I'm certainly not going choose a side in this because I don't know either of you.  But you sound like the spoiled <deleted> my friend has for a son.  You get US$2 per day while your buddy gets a crumbling building, and the president of the US continuously got millions from his dad that he squandered in bad business deals.  Maybe there is an international court of some sort you can take your case to.  You should have figured out by the time you reached legal drinking age that life isn't fair.  A word of advice:  grow the hell up!

BTW this is not condemnation, it's tough love.

Least you could have done is become a pot head instead of a lush.

Yep recieving 2 dollars a day whilst recovering from alcohol addiction in a third world country is spoiled.

And some people are nasty , cold and selfish

2 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Yep recieving 2 dollars a day whilst recovering from alcohol addiction in a third world country is spoiled.

Maybe not as spoiled as Aussies who have enough money to buy an iPhone and a plane ticket to Thailand and then complain that if they don't go back to Oz after a certain amount of time they'll get cut off the dole.  But it's close.

• Thanks 1

Many sad posts on this thread. I feel grateful to my parents. They had their faults; however, they were supportive when I was growing up.

The OP has a choice. Employment in Thailand, even for farangs, is not very lucrative unless one is very high up the food chain. It takes money to live in Thailand, like everywhere else.

IMHO he should go back to Australia and buckle down to finding a job, then building financial security.

Or he can continue to wallow in self-pity here. I hope he chooses correctly, because staying here won't end well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

Maybe not as spoiled as Aussies who have enough money to buy an iPhone and a plane ticket to Thailand and then complain that if they don't go back to Oz after a certain amount of time they'll get cut off the dole.  But it's close.

You can only receive the dole if your travel outside Australia is approved by Centrelink, so don't know where you get your misinformation.

Edited by giddyup

30 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You can only receive the dole if your travel outside Australia is approved by Centrelink, so don't know where you get your misinformation.

Yep.

Dole is linked with immigration and cut off when one leaves OZ.

Spreading misinformation is borderline trolling.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spidey said:

As usual, you are picking holes in other people's posts whilst making zero contribution to the thread yourself.

Come on Sano, at least tell us, was your relationship with your father good or bad? 

he's taking the 5th