Local elections deliver Brexit bashing for Britain's May and opposition

rooster59

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

which they will do. This farce has cost the country billions already for a 'no result'. Countries pay to be in the EU because it brings advantages, yes there are disadvantages as well but that is no different to any other institution. Stop living in the past, the Empire has gone, the UK can't afford a decent sized army,navy or airforce, the UK can't even keep the needed number of police officers. It's a big world out there and the UK has no claut alone.

YET the UK is bolstering EU countries of similar size with UK money...Why is that...?

...Stuff you mention may I hope come back when we stop bolstering countries that have done sod all....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

Once again you are ignoring reality..... what you wish for is not reality.   FYI the next UK general election is not due until May 2022, that's three years away.  Brexit will long since have been consigned to the dustbin by then.

Again, reality in your eyes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You will have to take that back or face the Green Hornet! CON did fine in the 2015 local elections, they gained control of 32 councils. On the same day they also did rather well in the general elections! The promise to hold an EU referendum was already made in the Tory manifesto by then.

In the 2014 European elections UKIP did stunningly well and took more than 4.3 million British votes to send 24 MEPs (out of 73) to Brussels - this is what prompted Cameron to finally confirm the EU referendum would happen in his manifesto. At least on that, he kept his word.  

Spidey has spent the last hour responding to just about everything (except my post above).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Three years later, Brexit promises of easy deals and hopes of the EU begging the UK for a deal all shown to be hogwash.

So Brexiteer ignores the latest election results and harks back to a day when Farage and the other Brexit snake oil salesmen managed to fool the gullible.

UKIP the undeniable champions of Brexit lost 80% of their seats, pro-Remain parties gained seats.

No amount of noise from Brexiteers can hide that fact.

But chapeau for trying.

This was to Spidey. Read back. Nothing to do with all this other rubbish.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, elliss said:

Vinny ,  how is your mate Farage , going to respond to his UKip failures.?

Probably lubricating his piped pipers flute. He is finished .

BTW Nigel Farage has and wants nothing to do with UKIP as he has the Brexit party. You really need to buck up and get some correct facts before you post

You are so correct that the Brexit Party and Farage are finished.

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/brexit-party-soars-in-european-parliament-polls-9-points-ahead-of-labour-2RP43j7w7Uq84iYxIXde3g/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8956387/nigel-farages-brexit-party-election-polls-labour/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/24/nigel-farage-brexit-party-use-eu-elections-oust-remain-parliament

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/03/14/by-43-to-38-britons-want-mps-to-vote-to-delay-br

Now these people happen to disagree with (as I do too) but you can Google and check for yourself. perhaps you will find different links with facts to suit you.

Personally I don't put much faith in polls myself. But that is just and my opinion.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Three years later, Brexit promises of easy deals and hopes of the EU begging the UK for a deal all shown to be hogwash.

So Brexiteer ignores the latest election results and harks back to a day when Farage and the other Brexit snake oil salesmen managed to fool the gullible.

UKIP the undeniable champions of Brexit lost 80% of their seats, pro-Remain parties gained seats.

No amount of noise from Brexiteers can hide that fact.

But chapeau for trying.

Farage will ride the tsunami on a surf board ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

You yourself admitted you called the 2016 ref the 2nd, what are you trying to say now.

You seem very confused.

I won't bother you again...

I'm saying that the 1st referendum on leave or remain in Europe was in 1975. The 2nd was in 2016. The 3rd will be before October 31st. Clear now?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Farage will ride the tsunami on a surf board ????

Wearing budgie smugglers (the Germans do like a nice tight pair of budgie smugglers).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The main reason for the Euro elections in the UK (which may or may not happen) is that if there is no Brexit agreement between the UK and the EU is that there Euro election takes place on 23rd May. So if the UK is still in the EU on 23rd May, EU rules and laws clearly state that the MUST be an EU election on that day.

Please try to keep up to date.

I am up to date, the fact that you fail to grasp, is that if, as Brexiteers keep telling us, we will be leaving the EU shortly, electing British MEPs would be a completely pointless exercise. Can you grasp that?

All going pairshapped for the Tories...

Since last November she has been trying to ram her deal down our throats. time and time again we have spat it out.

We were going to leave March 29th, then with days to go we get a couple of extra week (or till 31 June with an agreement to her deal), 10th April now an extension to 31st October.

She has said there will be no European Elections 23rd May, then 11th April she said OK we have to run the process but they will be cancelled before they are held as we will get an agreement to leave before June 31st before May 23rd, well that does not not look likely with only 18 days to go...

Today she has urged Corbyn to do a Brexit Deal.

Theresa May has called for Jeremy Corbyn to "put their differences aside" and agree a Brexit deal.

The UK was supposed to leave the EU on 29 March - but the deadline was delayed until 31 October, after MPs rejected Theresa May's withdrawal agreement three times.

Mrs May is now seeking Labour support to get an agreement through Parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48165373

Is it not time Corbyn remembered That Labour's official stance for the referendum was remain... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Who are you referring too ?

Who are the Brexiteers that keep telling you/us that we will be leaving shortly ?

There are a shedload on this thread, do I need to name names?

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But remain in what?

That would have been the EEC or the Common Market as the EU itself did not exist at that time.

This argument gets very old. EEC eventually morphed into the EU.  "Not the same" I hear you cry. Essentially it was, I prepared for your assault by saying, "Leave or remain in Europe". OK now?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its a legal necessity , until the U.K. has left the E.U. , we are required to have MEP's there.

I have never denied that. The Euro elections will take place. My point is that, from the point of view of someone who is convinced that we are still leaving the EU, it's a pointless exercise.

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:
26 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I am up to date, the fact that you fail to grasp, is that if, as Brexiteers keep telling us, we will be leaving the EU shortly, electing British MEPs would be a completely pointless exercise. Can you grasp that?

Its a legal necessity , until the U.K. has left the E.U. , we are required to have MEP's there.

I agree with both of you...

What beats me is why the Tories bothered to field candidates in these elections that they say will not happen??? :cheesy:

Full list of candidates: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/european-elections-2019-candidates-mep-who-standing-eu-vote-full-list/

Edited by Basil B
  • Haha 1