Move Hua HIn to Jomtien ?????

YorkshireTyke

On 5/6/2019 at 11:55 AM, newnative said:

I think you'll love Jomtien, too.  You could rent a small condo at Lumpini Seaview in your price range--a newer condo on Jomtien Beach Road with nice pool, gym, and library.  Short walk to the beach and you can get baht bus to take you to Jomtien Complex area with lots of restaurants--or stay on it and it will take you into Pattaya to Central Festival and Terminal 21.   Other rental choices, as well, including Gallery, Jomtien Beach Condo, Jomtien Thip, and Beach 7.  Check Hipflat--click Condo projects, then Condo Projects in Pattaya, then select Jomtien.  I would recommend a condo close to Jomtien Beach Road so you have the baht bus handy if you don't want to drive.

Just checked Hipflat, nice website but they all say minimum 1 year rental. Also didn't see any for Rim Had in the list ?

51 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

My intention at the moment is to drive over after breakfast on Friday and stay in a small hotel/GH for 2 nights but as I will be staying longer I thought I may as well put the 2k or so for 2 nights hotel stay into a condo rental or maybe just one night in a hotel as I would like to see the condo not book online. I've tried googling Andrew Kenrick and Kenrick Ventures but only come up with an outfit in USA. Also googled Rimhad condo rental and came up with a few agents and emailed a couple about availability but no replies yet as I would like to line up a few to see at the weekend. The rates for short term, one month, are nearer 10-12k rather than 8k which requires a 6 or 12 month contract. Also noticed one or 2 had big old TV's in them which surprises me bearing mind how cheap flat screens have become in the last few years as I need a HDMI input as I will bring my android box with me for my UK tv.

Will pop down tomorrow try and get some numbers for you unless bahtboy has any

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Just checked Hipflat, nice website but they all say minimum 1 year rental. Also didn't see any for Rim Had in the list ?

They may say a 1 year rental but some may take a shorter rental--especially in today's market. I think Rim Had is listed under Jomtien Beach Condominium.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bahtboy said:

To the OP.  Please heed my advice and find Andrew Kenrick. He lives on site and has an office on site. I rent from him and he is a top man. You may PM me for his telephone number and exact directions to his office if you wish. Of course, it may be that his condos are full but at this time of year many of his regular tenants are back in farangland for 6 months. It is very quiet here at the moment and I would think there are many condos available. Also due to many regulars having gone back home for the summer in Europe I would think that some of the better condos may be available for a shorter period, (say until October).

I appreciate that advice which is why I did an online search for him as I wanted to contact him in advance. I won't arrive until late Friday afternoon I think so a hotel/GH would be a must for my first night but I was hoping to set up viewings for Saturday armed with cash for deposit and rental to move in that day to save another nights hotel charges.

I've messaged a few properties on Hipflat in the Jomtien Beach condos this morning even though they all say one year min. Also messaged a few on Bahtsold.com.

I will send you PM now for Andrews details, thanks.

Thanks to bahtboy and Andrew Kenrick I have 2 properties to view on Saturday. I've messaged a few others, 2 of which have replied so far saying they don't deal in short term lets.

Now I'm hopeless at directions and reading maps. I have a cheapo GPS in my car which I hope will guide me to Jomtien area and I don't have internet on my phone so Google maps won't work. I have driven to Bkk twice this year, both times with a Thai person who knew where to go and had internet/GPS/Google maps on their phones. However, I like to look at and use the motorway signs also so I wrote down the route to take from HH to BKK and return, namely Petchaburi, Samut Sakhon, Dao Khanong and the same in reverse. When I head to Patts/Jomtien what route/sign do I look for as I presume somewhere before BKK I turn off and take a different route to Patts/Jomtien and avoid BKK.

Once you dive into the convenience of a smartphone then you’ll never look back, OP.

Not being horrible but asking for directions in this day and age is embarrassing.

They’re so cheap as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I don't have internet on my phone so Google maps won't work.

Data for your SIM is around 100bht/month, I can't believe anyone isn't prepared to pay that.

the alternative is Maps.Me it's free and doesn't need data to work on your phone.

Edited by BritManToo

I don't feel the need to have internet access on my phone 24/7, regardless of the cost.

As I have said I have a GPS in my car but I like to look at the road signs to get in the right lane and prepare for any exit I have to take and I certainly don't find it embarrassing to have to ask for directions to drive somewhere I have never driven before.

When I go away anywhere I make sure I take the business card from the hotel reception as they invariably have a map on the back for if/when I get lost. My sense of direction is that bad.

42 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

As I have said I have a GPS in my car but I like to look at the road signs to get in the right lane and prepare for any exit I have to take and I certainly don't find it embarrassing to have to ask for directions to drive somewhere I have never driven before.

There are various ways of doing it but this is probably the easiest, depending on the time of day.

https://goo.gl/maps/pNSQHoYnn2i77Yc37

Luddites can print out the route from that link, with views of every junction, though getting a data package on a smartphone and sending the directions directly to the phone would be much better.

The TomTom GPS app on my phone announces turns and junctions and exits way before they happen. Well worth the 400B/year I pay for it, for worldwide use. If you get that app you dont even need to have data on your phone as the maps are stored on the device. Data is useful for live traffic updates though.

Edited by KittenKong

Thanks KK and others. I am aware of Maps me and I also have Osmand and Sygic on my phone.

However, as stated I have GPS in my car, so no need for any phone apps.

All I requested was what signs should I look for to head to Pattaya instead of ending up in the middle of BKK as on the motorway/highway a GPS/Google maps etc are not really required, all you need is to exit at the correct junctions. The GPS/Google Maps come into their own when I leave the motorway and have to negotiate in towns or find a specific place like a hotel or condo.

I wanted to ask if any bars around Jomtien had live music but I would probably be asked if I have ever heard of YouTube................

Get on the southern ring road Kanchanapisek rd (highway 9) and exit at the Bang na/Chonburi expressway,follow the road signs for Chonburi/Pattaya.......exit left on sukhumvit rd Pattaya and follow the signs for Jomtien :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, petermik said:

Get on the southern ring road Kanchanapisek rd (highway 9) and exit at the Bang na/Chonburi expressway,follow the road signs for Chonburi/Pattaya.......exit left on sukhumvit rd Pattaya and follow the signs for Jomtien :thumbsup:

Excellent, thank you, that's what I needed. I wasn't sure when the signs to Pattaya would start.

7 hours ago, petermik said:

7 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Excellent, thank you, that's what I needed. I wasn't sure when the signs to Pattaya would start.

Getting on Kanchan road is the hard bit....can be busy at times.....the entry road is elevated and I suggest you keep to the outside lane (right hand drivers side) follow it round and down do not cross any other lane keep straight on heading towards toll booth number 3......police are regularly in attendance at the booths here and in the distant past use to pull me about being in the wrong lane,fortunately my TGF spoke sweetly and all was well....we use 3 now every time (monthly) we return to Patts from southern Thailand :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I don't feel the need to have internet access on my phone 24/7, regardless of the cost.

When I go away anywhere I make sure I take the business card from the hotel reception as they invariably have a map on the back for if/when I get lost. My sense of direction is that bad.

Don't you have any friends? Most people keep in touch via one application or another; email, WhatsApp etc

SMS and voices calls outside of applications are rare, especially when calling via Apps is usually free.

You can obtain SIMs and packages that give you an always on connection for free or thereabouts.

Then you can send that WhatsApp message without having to wait until there is free WiFi...

2 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Don't you have any friends? Most people keep in touch via one application or another; email, WhatsApp etc

SMS and voices calls outside of applications are rare, especially when calling via Apps is usually free.

You can obtain SIMs and packages that give you an always on connection for free or thereabouts.

Then you can send that WhatsApp message without having to wait until there is free WiFi...

I won't be sending messages while I am driving so another pointless post.

1 minute ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I didn't want to state it earlier, but I'm beginning to see why you aren't flavour of the month in Hua Hin.

Chill out and take all advice gratefully, instead of acting like an unpleasant tyke. People are trying to help, regardless of whether you think the advice suits you or not.

So try to fix the attitude, eh?

1 minute ago, KneeDeep said:

I didn't want to state it earlier, but I'm beginning to see why you aren't flavour of the month in Hua Hin.

Chill out and take all advice gratefully, instead of acting like an unpleasant tyke. People are trying to help, regardless of whether you think the advice suits you or not.

So try to fix the attitude, eh?

This thread is about me possibly moving to Jomtien, what the place is like, where to stay and how to get there and most people have been very helpful. Trolls turning into why don't you have an internet package on your smartphone are not helping me in a stressful time.

And my relationship was ended by me over 5 years ago and I'm still being harassed.

Just now, YorkshireTyke said:

This thread is about me possibly moving to Jomtien, what the place is like, where to stay and how to get there and most people have been very helpful. Trolls turning into why don't you have an internet package on your smartphone are not helping me in a stressful time.

And my relationship was ended by me over 5 years ago and I'm still being harassed.

As I stated, your attitude is horrible, regardless of the reason. You are Trolling your own thread.

If the advice wasn't useful to you, a simple thank, but no thanks would suffice.

But your attitude is horrible....and not just to me. So need for the excuses. This is about you, not the people trying to help you.

What you actually wrote was that you didn't want data 24/7. No reason was stated. 

Now I understand why you don't need data. People who do usually have friends with whom to communicate. Clearly you don't need to communicate with anyone.

16 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Yeah...like people never stop to eat and drink....

Seriously, your reactions are over the top for something so small. Thanks and then moving on would have caused you less stress. Instead, you are littering your own thread with your sarcastic and ungrateful comment. That's really going to endear you to the Jomtien folk.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Jomtien-Pattaya-Chon-Buri-Thailand/homes?refinement_paths[]=%2Fhomes&query=Jomtien Pattaya Chon Buri Thailand&place_id=ChIJO_oVdVuWAjEREfw807o3dU8&checkin=2019-06-01&checkout=2019-06-30&adults=1&search_type=FILTER_CHANGE&price_max=12103&room_types[]=Entire home%2Fapt&allow_override[]=&s_tag=RjwLpIcP

monthly but they rent weekly and nightly. Just adjust the parameters and you can see their star rating and reviews which help immensely

edit 

forget it I forgot you want house only

Edited by madmen

15 minutes ago, madmen said:

Not necessarily, probably a house for long term stay but at the moment until I find my feet and decide my future I will take a condo for a month or so as they seem more readily available and advertised.

The house mentioned earlier seems a good deal as a 1 bed condo is going to be 15k minimum I think.

I've had 2 more agents say they don't deal in short term lets and one private owner who has removed his listing from AirBnB as in Thailand  or his condo association they also don't allow less than one month lets.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Not necessarily, probably a house for long term stay but at the moment until I find my feet and decide my future I will take a condo for a month or so as they seem more readily available and advertised.

The house mentioned earlier seems a good deal as a 1 bed condo is going to be 15k minimum I think.

I've had 2 more agents say they don't deal in short term lets and one private owner who has removed his listing from AirBnB as in Thailand  or his condo association they also don't allow less than one month lets.

This one is a great deal 80sqm separate bedroom 11k/month

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/32943793?location=Jomtien Pattaya Chon Buri Thailand&adults=1&check_in=2019-06-01&check_out=2019-06-30&guests=1&source_impression_id=p3_1557396687_5jj0fZZR7wH7tNZ9&s=-Yn3nyzd

Edited by madmen

Friend rents a newish (2014) one bedroom 34 sq. m apartment for 8k per month. Low rise, building with seven floors and a rooftop pool.

Another has an Jomtien apartment of a similar age for rent, one hundred metres from the beach with gym, rooftop pool and sauna. Similar amount of floors. Though slightly over the OP's budget.

Can you imagine living in a tiny room of a building with over seven hundred units? ???? Sounds like a prison.

Staying in Hua Hin must be really bad for the OP. Especially if it is five years after the event.

Unlucky.

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Wow, I agree !

Actually only just looked at the others you sent the link to and all seem reasonably priced. I didn't recognise any of the names though as I wrote down all the names recommended to me in this thread so I would need to check their locations as I don't know my way around.

I'm also running out of time to book as I will drive tomorrow and I noticed this one isn't available until 31st May. Looks like it's a low season discount hence the current price as it shows price as 24,000 discounted down to 11,815 for a month from 31st.

1 minute ago, KneeDeep said:

Friend rents a newish (2014) one bedroom 34 sq. m apartment for 8k per month. Low rise, building with seven floors and a rooftop pool.

Another has an Jomtien apartment of a similar age for rent, one hundred metres from the beach with gym, rooftop pool and sauna. Similar amount of floors. Though slightly over the OP's budget.

Can you imagine living in a tiny room of a building with over seven hundred units? ???? Sounds like a prison.

Staying in Hua Hin must be really bad for the OP. Especially if it is five years after the event.

Unlucky.

Agree about shoe boxes. For some reason farang like to downgrade when they get to Thailand instead of upgrading in 3rd world.

1 minute ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Wow, I agree !

Actually only just looked at the others you sent the link to and all seem reasonably priced. I didn't recognise any of the names though as I wrote down all the names recommended to me in this thread so I would need to check their locations as I don't know my way around.

I'm also running out of time to book as I will drive tomorrow and I noticed this one isn't available until 31st May. Looks like it's a low season discount hence the current price as it shows price as 24,000 discounted down to 11,815 for a month from 31st.

Just use the message tab in the add you like and message the owner. You can ask the name of the condo and look it up on google maps .Also inside each add is a map right at the bottom giving approx location

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Just use the message tab in the add you like and message the owner. You can ask the name of the condo and look it up on google maps .Also inside each add is a map right at the bottom giving approx location

Yes, as I hovered over each property it showed where it was on the Google map on the right but still doesn't mean much to me at the mo as I am not familiar with the area, but good website, thanks.

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

It states the name on the page; Jomtien Beach Paradise/Hotel

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/jomtien-beach-paradise-kfjtbz