Phuket 7-Eleven manager gifted B5k reward for returning wallet to Chinese tourist

webfact

Phuket 7-Eleven manager gifted B5k reward for returning wallet to Chinese tourist

By The Phuket News

1559635569_1-org.jpg

Yaowaphon Raksa receives the certificate and reward at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (June 3). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana yesterday rewarded the manager of a 7-Eleven store with a certificate and B5,000 for returning a wallet left behind by a Chinese tourist containing an undisclosed amount of cash.

At a small ceremony held at Phuket Provincial Hall at 6pm yesterday, Governor Phakaphong handed over the award, and the reward, to Yaowaphon Raksa, store manager of a 7-Eleven near Phuket Bus Station off Phang Nga Rd ni Phuket Town.

Present for the occasion was Gomad Pankerd, from the Phuket office of the Ministry of Culture, and Li Ruzong, from the Chinese consular office in Phuket, and a handful of officials in dress uniform.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-7-eleven-manager-gifted-b5k-reward-for-returning-wallet-to-chinese-tourist-71658.php#4zdrmw72HlzghRCA.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-04

Any good exposure for the Chinese audience to try to amend for the scaring away and disastrous accidents of late involving Chinese tourists...  all about making Thailand ???????? safe again for the Chinese tourists...  

I’ve personally found a couple of Thai wallets with ID cards including  money inside and handed them into two separate police stations over the last 5 years etc.... But I don’t see no certifications or certificates handed out with a photo opportunity to show the general Thai public that we are genuine honest farrangs...  I even handed in a note with my contact details on to see if I would get a thank you... Nothing... 

I still wont change my attitude today as I would still do the same again, as I would not like to be in a situation where my wallet was lost... 

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

A returned wallet and only this response??? What a disgrace! They should have got 50 000, the owner of the wallet was Chinese!!!

What's the matter with you? B50,000 reward plus, a day off for Phuket residents, a lifetime tourist  Visa for the Chinese man and a 5 gun salute.  And all he can carry from the 7-11 shop.:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

A returned wallet and only this response??? What a disgrace! They should have got 50 000, the owner of the wallet was Chinese!!!

Very true, TAT have been telling us how much the Chinese spend.

• Like 2