Video: No parking here! Foreign Subway franchisee in Pattaya rant

webfact

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The shop is directly opposite Thessapit night markets (127 food outlets) so Fri Sat Sun night there is no parking within 500 meters of the place. Maybe not the best location in hindsight, but the rent was very cheap, lol

Not so true,  There is parking for Thais,  Two abreast all down there, both sides of the road, Friday night.  ( selfish gits ) 

it's turned it into a no go area. :bah: 

Just one more example of the truly selfish nature of Thai drivers. :bah:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

You're right, since Jokerman was terminated, there just hasn't been the enthusiasm for pointing that there once was; why, back in the day, one could almost guarantee two or three good pointings within twenty-four hours, plus bonus assorted, properly printed charts and diagrams. Now? We're lucky if we get one a week, and shabby affairs they are too: slouching rozzers in bursting uniforms, hand-drawn maps and chaotic reenactments, all with desultory pointings. 

Bring back BJ, I say!

If you're having pointing withdrawal problems maybe this will help you to relax.????????????

images.jpeg

Edited by overherebc

3 hours ago, nightfox said:

After watching this video I can expect a news story in the upcoming days of someone smashing this Subway store windows.

Easier to pour the two thousand cockroaches through the letterbox..............:thumbsup:

Well, maybe not easier but quieter.

• Haha 2

Is that green sign an official police or traffic sign? If it is, then you must obey it or be ready to face the consequences. If the sign is just something the store-owner had made up, then he should be dealt with accordingly by the police and at least fined for the fraud.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Stupid farang you put your business in a very bad position 

Roads parking are for the public 

If you want a good business remember this 3 rules 

Location location location 

Just wondering if the farang Subway franchise owner has a work permit?

And he says the area is for his customers only, so did he ask the guy in the car he was videoing whether he was coming in to buy a Subway sandwich or other Subway products?

Does he have any document to prove he has some special rights over this public land? No of course not, and it would be quite interesting and amusing to see / hear someone demand he prove he can dictate who parks there. 

Does the owner run out and ask parker this question? In fact if he came out and quickly approached me with the comment 'you can only park here if you re my customer', then i (and I suspect plenty of others) would just drive away. Plenty of other food choices.

He would have to pay franchise fees every month plus rent, plus loads of equipment costs, and a limited customer base. He would do well to tuse his time to think about how to approach / build a wider customer base through delivery options etc etc., rather than use his time confronting people.

Does he wait until the buyer has made a purchase and starts to walk way to another parking spot, then say 'you can park in the front of my shop'. Not rational.

Nowadays their products are outrageously priced anyway.

• Like 1

And then we wonder if the Thai don't want us! This gentleman (probably American) surely thinks that by giving work to some Thai he can afford everything. Go back to your home, it's better for you and for everyone!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

No pointing, it didnt happen.

Is it just me or are other disappointed at the absence of pointing lately.

Yeah, I really miss the pointing. If the girls in the picture would have pointed at something it would have made much greater sense.

• Like 1

I can't count the number of times a Thai shop owner told me I can not park in the public space in from of their shop or at least I get the stink eye and I say I'll be right back. This falang is just doing what Romans do in Rome. It doesn't make it right. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

You're right, since Jokerman was terminated, there just hasn't been the enthusiasm for pointing that there once was; why, back in the day, one could almost guarantee two or three good pointings within twenty-four hours, plus bonus assorted, properly printed charts and diagrams. Now? We're lucky if we get one a week, and shabby affairs they are too: slouching rozzers in bursting uniforms, hand-drawn maps and chaotic reenactments, all with desultory pointings. 

Bring back BJ, I say!

That last comment could win you a free two-week holiday at a luxurious army resort near Nakhon Nowhere!

• Haha 1