Death of a bike racer speeding on Bang Na - Trat highway

webfact

Death of a bike racer speeding on Bang Na - Trat highway

9pm.jpg

Police were called to KM marker 10 inbound on the Bang Na-Trat highway this morning when an 18 year old out racing motorbikes with a large group of racers met his end. 

Thai Rath reported a grisly scene of blood and brain matter after Kriangkrai Jianmaneechai hit a barrier. 

His Honda Wave was found 50 meters away after the accident on the central expressway section inbound. 

When his mother arrived on the scene she collapsed. 

The dead youth was a third year engineering apprentice. 

His girlfriend said that she was riding pillion on another bike.

Dozens of friends were out racing on the highway - including her boyfriend. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-05
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

His girlfriend said that she was riding pillion on another bike.

At least he didn't take an innocent with him.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

When his mother arrived on the scene she collapsed. 

This is heartbreaking... try as you might as a parent once a child enters their teens other influences often take precedent. This has to be every parents greatest concern.

These are kids from families... yet there will always be an element of schadenfreude in many posts as these kids are often a great nuisance. 

The Police have their work cut out... but the main issue is the Police don't do a great deal apart from a crack down on Vibhavadi once every 2 years and ever other year a crack down on Bang-na-trad... the net a few kids, confiscate a few bikes and walk away thinking their job is done. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Back home I broke my arm at age 14 coming off a bike. Driving ban twice by the age of 17....I just loved my 2 wheel freedom....

i had my accidents too, broken ribs, broken bikes and more.

still, i enjoyed my life when i was young, i can definitely say that.

i might die too but live by the sword, die by the sword. nothing to do.

4 hours ago, monkeycu said:

The police found brain matter at the scene, obviously not his

Seems to be a lack of brain behind this post and it's likes ...

RIP

Edited by ttrd
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Perhaps the "large group of racers" that survived, should try a racetrack next time.

Where?  When I was a teen we did have sanctioned race tracks that were open for racing.  Here?  Really?  My guess is that if they had drag strips, then these kids would have an outlet instead to racing on the roads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, connda said:

Where?  When I was a teen we did have sanctioned race tracks that were open for racing.  Here?  Really?  My guess is that if they had drag strips, then these kids would have an outlet instead to racing on the roads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_racing_tracks_in_Asia

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

For a parent to lose a child is something incredibly painful. I tried with my kids to bring them up as sensibly as I could, which meant spending long hours talking about the dangers of driving like an idiot as fast as possible. While my heart goes out to her in her moment of loss, this boys mother would have done well to have done the same. And the same goes for every parent out there with a youngster running wild on a bike they don't really know how to control.

Ditto: one moments madness, 9 months to come into the world & a nano second to help yourself out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I take it a step further...  As a parent I am doing my best to educate my child that bikes are dangerous unless ridden by someone with a lot of road experience, which means plenty of years driving first. 

The reality is we can do the best job possible to educate our children, but we can't make all their choices for them and teens can be extremely determined - as parents we have to hope we have guided them and educated them towards being sensible young men. 

There may be some failings as a parent, but how many of us were lucky in our late teens that we did not succumb to a car accident in our home countries? I remember racing round the lanes at age 17-18 years old - thats not through poor parenting, thats just teens been teens and perhaps a degree of poor policing. 

Yes,...most of us did stupid things in our youth and where lucky to come out alive,...Most of us also learned valuable lessons from our mistakes and stupidity's...hopefully...!?

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

For a parent to lose a child is something incredibly painful. I tried with my kids to bring them up as sensibly as I could, which meant spending long hours talking about the dangers of driving like an idiot as fast as possible. While my heart goes out to her in her moment of loss, this boys mother would have done well to have done the same. And the same goes for every parent out there with a youngster running wild on a bike they don't really know how to control.

You are thinking as a Western person. 

That kids parents would have been riding motorbikes with no helmets or safety gear as soon as they were able to stand up.

There are no risks involved in Thailand until its to late and then it doesn't matter. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Denim said:

I feel sorry for her that she has lost her son like this .

Unfortunately , almost every day I see kids on bikes that are still not yet in their teens. No Licence , no helmet etc. 

If I were a parent I would not let my child on a bike until he was old enough to have a licence and had a decent helmet as a minimal requirement.

You are living in a third world country, with third world people, and third world intelligence.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

You are living in a third world country, with third world people, and third world intelligence.

as third world countries describes countries that were not aligned with the Communist Bloc or NATO or that were neutral during the cold war i'm not sure what it has to do with this topic