Taxi driver: "I didn't mean to attack two Korean tourists - they wanted the meter on"

rooster59

Taxi driver: "I didn't mean to attack two Korean tourists - they wanted the meter on"

kor.JPG

Image: Daily News

A taxi driver told police in Bangkok that he never intended to attack two South Korean women with an iron bar. 

They wanted him to turn the meter on, he explained, and so he got cross. 

Thanadech Thanathirapong, 51, was meant to take the ladies - who had been drinking - from a Rachada shop to Samut Prakarn on Monday. Instead of doing that he took them to a quiet soi off the route  - Viphawadee Rangsit 8 - and attacked them. 

He took their Samsung smart phones worth collectively more than 50,000 baht and left them battered and bruised. He later sold the phones in  Huay Kwang for 5,000 baht each. 

A member of the public helped the victims and police were able to make an arrest within three days at Thanadaech's room in Inthamara 3 in Phayathai district. 

The driver denied that he planned the attack saying he was angry that they wanted him to turn on the meter.

Yesterday the victims presented flowers to the police in appreciation of the quick arrest. They said their wounds were now healing and they felt much better - especially knowing their assailant was in custody.

They felt lucky as their injuries could have been a lot worse. 

Pol Maj-Gen Samran Nuanma thanked the good Samaritan who helped the ladies and the police and advised the public and tourists that 191 was the number to call 24 hours. 

Meanwhile it has emerged that this was not the first time Thanadech had stolen from a passenger. 

In a previous incident in Phrapradaeng he fooled a passenger into giving him a push before driving off with 200,000 baht in valuable that the passenger had left in the car. 

Sources: Daily News and Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-08

kor3.JPG

kor1.JPG

kor2.JPG

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

There's no accounting for stupid and this looks like a prime example of the 'thick as a brick syndrome'. 

Using the fact that he was breaking the law as an excuse, he ought to get double the punishment for stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Manila and Davao I always have taxi problems but not in Cebu. In Bangkok and Chiang Mai I sometimes get taxi problems but not in Nonthaburi. So I feel it is a big city problem.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Wait for it! A taxi driver has been praised for returning 2 million baht left in his taxi by a Chinese tourist. I love a balanced country!

I guess all countries are well balanced then....seeing as there's good and bad in them all.

Edited by dotpoom
  • Confused 2