Trump rejects racism charge, throws it at black lawmaker

webfact

27 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

Hum.... Chinese say, if the people are corrupt this causes their leaders to be corrupt.  

Do they?

I’d love a link to the factual basis behind your post. 

I’ve tried to find one and not done so. 

So, link please...

3 hours ago, Mick501 said:

President Trump tweets.   Cue TDS

Is this were the trump supporters come out to defend him you know Trump Delusion Syndrome that’s we’re you actually rationalize what he says.dont be a mark he is what he is 

20 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

I have read the paper this link sent me too, twice and did not see the quote you mention.

It is a lengthy and interesting article so I have no problem rereading it again to check one final time. 

However, in case I do not find it, be ready to help me out when I request clarification as to exactly where it is contained within the article. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stevenl said:

On a telephone, so not very good view, but I could not find that quote.

Did I provide a quote?  I said the Chinese people, you need a quote from the Chinese people? LOL! 

You must scroll down and read about what Confucius said about the family structure and how the family influences society and how society influences the leaders of the country. That's common sense.  If the people are bad they will elect bad leaders, if the people are good, they will elect good leaders. 

Edited by Guitarzan
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

Once again, do you know the difference between a quote, and a general statement? 

You're trolling.

I agree though the article is interesting.

Edited by stevenl
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah, so are you now saying it’s your interpretation?

i ask because it’s certainly not mine. 

Also your post read as follows 

“2 hours ago,  Guitarzan said: 

Hum.... Chinese say, if the people are corrupt this causes their leaders to be corrupt.”

Which certainly would indicate you are claiming there is an actual saying...

Here ya go. Now, I don't wish to discuss this any further with you, thanks and have a nice day. 

By these words in "The Great Learning" the position of the family as the foundation of society and of its proper regulation as the basis for government is dwelt upon. The significance of this is perhaps obvious though not too familiar in these days when family ties and family discipline both tend to loosen. In the "Hsiâo King," the application of these principles is adroitly indicated as follows: "The filial piety with which the superior man serves his parents may be transferred as loyalty to the ruler; the fraternal duty with which he serves his elder brother may be transferred as deference to elders; his regulation of his family may be transferred as good government in any official position." 

"From the loving example of one family, love extends throughout the state; from its courtesy, courtesy extends throughout the state; while the ambition and perverse recklessness of one man may plunge the entire state into rebellion and disorder." (Great Learning, c. ix., v. 3.)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cfu/eoc/eoc10.htm

Edited by Guitarzan

2 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

Here ya go. Now, I don't wish to discuss this any further with you, thanks and have a nice day. 

"From the loving example of one family, love extends throughout the state; from its courtesy, courtesy extends throughout the state; while the ambition and perverse recklessness of one man may plunge the entire state into rebellion and disorder." (Great Learning, c. ix., v. 3.)

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cfu/eoc/eoc10.htm

That while an interesting point and certainly one worth discussion, it is neither a saying nor does it necessarily support what you claimed it did. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trump has said before the Whitehouse is a piece of crap dump. He would have preferred to stay in his own place but the secret service wouldn't have been happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

Or maybe, just maybe.... and more likely, The President would like to see prosperity return to the once great cities, with full employment ending gang violence, drug addiction deeply entrenched official corruption. and over reliance and abuse of the welfare system.  Maybe he is anti-racist enough to reject the low expectations, and lack of personal responsibility promoted by the democrats plantation mentality.

Or it is once again just a well planned lie:

• House Republicans will reportedly hold their biggest yearly policy meeting in Baltimore, Maryland, despite Trump's repeated attacks on the city. It is standard practice for sitting presidents to give speeches at their party's annual meetings.  https://www.businessinsider.com/despite-trump-attacks-house-republicans-to-hold-meeting-baltimore-2019-7

You think Trump will not attend?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Or it is once again just a well planned lie:

You think Trump will not attend?

To boost such a hell hole is admirable don't ya think? the Millionaire Cummings has done what?  he just lives off his association with the great MLK 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So why is 45 doing this?

Because he thinks his core base is racist and the only way he can win is to energize them with constant racist signaling.

Of course the other part of his game is gaslighting.

Broadcasting the racist stuff which we can all see, especially the racist base he is talking to, and then telling us it wasn't really racist, and it's actually his opponents that are racist.

This guy makes George Wallace look like a cute puppy.

Remember if he loses in 2020 he's subject to criminal prosecution and prison.

So he will do anything to win, including of course inviting Russian help yet again evidenced by his new yes man Intelligence head pick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/07/29/trumps-new-racist-tweetstorm-is-actually-sign-weakness/?utm_term=.2795d1a504c2

Yes, that is part of it. The other part is that he is putting pressure on a very diverse democratic party to choose a political direction.