Govt assures situation under control after Bangkok blasts

rooster59

Govt assures situation under control after Bangkok blasts

By THE NATION

800_4bda70989641d8b.jpg

Narumon

The government on Saturday (August 3) reassured that the blasts in the capital on Friday morning will not impact the country's economy or the tourism sector and that the law and order situation was under control.

Government Spokesperson Narumon Pinyosinwat said that Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha was closely monitoring the situation.

She added that that though the news was reported in other countries, none of them had issued advisories against their citizens travelling to Thailand.

She said the premier had already reassured foreign governments’ delegations or representatives, who were visiting Thailand, that the situation was under control.

She said state officials are investigating the cases and security had been beefed up in key areas.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374171

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-04
  • Confused 1

How is it under control? They know who is behind the attacks? They arrested someone? 

You can't just say that things are under control without elaborating... Who is buying this nonsense? Seriously, are thai people that stupid?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, cheapcanuck said:

How can it be under control when no arrests have been made?

I imagine they know the children and they have promised - you know the pinky thing- that they would not do it again especially near any generals pretending to be politicians.   

• Haha 1

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to areas within the provinces on the Thai-Malaysia border, including:

• Pattani
  • Yala
  • Narathiwat
  • Southern Songkhla province. Our advice against all but essential travel does not include areas north of and including the A43 road between Hat Yai and Sakom, and areas north-west of and including the train line which runs between Hat Yai and Pedang Besar.

Consular support is not available in the parts of Thailand where we advise against all but essential travel.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The government on Saturday (August 3) reassured that the blasts in the capital on Friday morning will not impact the country's economy or the tourism sector and that the law and order situation was under control.

Nothing apparently impacts tourism... but for some reason it's in decline by some estimates of up to 30%

I wonder why?

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Government Spokesperson Narumon Pinyosinwat said that Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha was closely monitoring the situation

Why do they continue to include General in his title .. I thought they wanted to shake off the authoritarian image .. 

And that spokesperson has she got those scary contact lenses in looking at her mince pies .. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

They don't need to the strong baht is already doing it .

Some 10 years back or more Baht was much stronger then prevailing so why so many expats highliting this repeatedly?

Please comment. 

Edited by Thaifriends
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the blasts in the capital on Friday morning will not impact the country's economy

Will not?! Think I can borrow that crystal ball to predict my financial future starting with a stronger Thai Baht will not impact my financial situation.

• Haha 1