TM 30. Why are they treating us all like criminals?

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

According to you , you are off to the Philippines anyway !! Or is this just another excuse to post negativity and convince yourself you are doing the right thing ?

Not everything in life is positive Charlie. Take a look at the first half of the 20th century. would you have said to all those murdered at the hands of tyrannical governments that it was their attitude that caused it?

Don't kid yourself bro!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Not everything has to be viewed negative either, it depends entirely on your attitude toward it, things are only a problem if you allow them to be.

I dont want you get into an argument with you Charlie as you are a Mod and I respect that. However, your analogy makes no sense at all. Things happen to you everyday, good and bad, positive and negative, most of which is out of an individuals control. These policies that have been enforced by immigration are a major inconvenience and infringement on basic human rights IMO. Changing my attitude towards it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to what is a ludicrous policy made by equally ludicrous people.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

If you actually think that you, and only you, are in control of what happens in your life then you are deluding yourself. Outside influences, new rules, wrongful arrest, sickness etc. can utterly ruin your life regardless of your 'positive' attitude.

so true. I was wrongfully arrested for domestic violence back in the 80's I almost lost everything due to my ex girlfriend making bogus claims that I beat her up. Luckily the cops saw through her lies and no charges where brought. My attitude in that situation had nothing to do with anything!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

If you actually think that you, and only you, are in control of what happens in your life then you are deluding yourself. Outside influences, new rules, wrongful arrest, sickness etc. can utterly ruin your life regardless of your 'positive' attitude.

No one is saying that you are in control of "what happens in your life", but you are in total control of how you view it and react to it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

To my mind, much of the aggravation we are subject to, along with the continuous negative press coverage, is simply a diversion, which seeks to blame much of the country's ills on us, rather than its leaders. It is a classic symptom of an unstable government to lay blame anywhere but itself. TBH, I have never done a TM30 and like the OP, don't intend to.

why dont they just come out and say it? that they dont want us here anymore. It would be better for all involved, then we would know where we truly stand (not that we dont already). I havent seen a single policy enacted that benefits the foreigner. it's all about tightening the screws and suffocating us till we tap out.

• Thanks 1

Hey OP, I do belive you got this all wrong.

"TM 30. Why are they treating us all like criminals?"

It is like this: If you do your TM30 you are abiding the law, and if not you are breaking it. Therefore beeing treated like a criminal.

The one who break the law in the country they reside in, is always considered criminals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Lungstib said:
32 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

things are only a problem if you allow them to be.

Some people sail through life, encountering only small roadblocks along the way, and believe their attitudes, or health and exercise practices, are the answer for all others.  Selfish thinking. 

Different people have different problems, some very serious, and it's not just a matter of positive attitudes that will alleviate all of life's travails. Tell Colin to stop whinging, his problem will evaporate if he allows it. The kid with cancer shouldn't allow it to happen.

As someone also in a wheelchair and dealing with constant pain, tell me that having to report to Immigration for idiot reasons won't be a physically painful exercise. (Been instructed I have to report my 90 dayers in person - doesn't work on line)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

To my mind, much of the aggravation we are subject to, along with the continuous negative press coverage, is simply a diversion, which seeks to blame much of the country's ills on us, rather than its leaders. It is a classic symptom of an unstable government to lay blame anywhere but itself. TBH, I have never done a TM30 and like the OP, don't intend to.

What will you do if your next 90day/extension gets refused until you pay a fine and do one.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

This Dog has got balls

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Some people sail through life, encountering only small roadblocks along the way, and believe their attitudes, or health and exercise practices, are the answer for all others.  Selfish thinking. 

Different people have different problems, some very serious, and it's not just a matter of positive attitudes that will alleviate all of life's travails. Tell Colin to stop whinging, his problem will evaporate if he allows it. The kid with cancer shouldn't allow it to happen.

As someone also in a wheelchair and dealing with constant pain, tell me that having to report to Immigration for idiot reasons won't be a physically painful exercise. (Been instructed I have to report my 90 dayers in person - doesn't work on line)

Anyone can pull on extremes to make a point. Those examples are extreme not "in general". But the person in a wheelchair can sink ink into a wow is me or go the other way as Colin does and say NO I am going to do the best I can with what I have and this won't beat me, that attitude ! and refusing to let something or a situation beat you. Big difference.

Edited by The Cobra
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

You can send anyone to do your 90 day reports.

Really?  That's probably why My GF did them for me for about 5 years, until they told her I had to front up because they had a new drive through.

(Before your next attack, sitting in a car for more than an hour is a painful experience for me) 

Edited by Old Croc
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

Anyone can pull on extremes to make a point. Those examples are extreme not "in general". But the person in a wheelchair can sink ink into a wow is me or go the other way as Colin does and say NO I am going to do the best I can with what I have and this won't beat me, that attitude ! and refusing to let something or a situation beat you. Big difference.

Did you mean woe is me. 

I've been posting here for 13 years, were you aware of my medical status before this?

When are people going to realise and accept that you comply, pay the fine or leave ! That's it you can follow the law, which has ALWAYS been there, just not enforced. Pay a fine if you don't do it, or just leave because you can't do step one or two.

Bitching moaning complaining getting all bitter and twisted achieves NOTHING ! You have no say, no vote, you either do it or don't. 

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Did you mean woe is me. 

I've been posting here for 13 years, were you aware of my medical status before this?

I have no idea of your medical status then or now, and whether you have been here 13 yrs or 13 days bares no relevance to the discussion as far as I can see. ,(No offence intended)

Edited by The Cobra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Because a tiny minority here are criminals,and Immigration are giving the majority

of honest retiree's here a hard time because of this

But it isn't the honest retiree who has to submit the TM 30. Why to people on this forum keep harping on about it? Look at any other forum and the's zilch threads on it. If any ones a criminal in Thailand then he'll be found working in an IO.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Really?  That's probably why My GF did them for me for about 5 years, until they told her I had to front up because they had a new drive through.

(Before your next attack, sitting in a car for more than an hour is a painful experience for me) 

I could be wrong, but don't they have a rule about the drive through thingy that says no agents? And perhaps they thought your wife was an agent.