Thailand is boring and expensive

Correct me i am wrong were you not the guy who (a few days ago on here posted) he could live like Thai in sukhumvit for a about 30THB a day oh and enjoy the experience

I was pretty much convinced it was " sacthet de bolleux" then

• Haha 2

Bangkok, the gateway to Asia is expensive, the same as pretty much any major city on the planet. 

Thailand is expensive?  Not if you get off the beaten track. 

P.S. Have you ever heard the saying 'Only boring people get bored'? 

• Like 2

Let's not lie to ourselves - every time we go outside and see all the pretty girls we consider it worth it. Why else would we put up with the rest of it? Beauty is fundamental and priceless.

Actually I'm always impressed by the range of stuff that 7/11 crams into a small space, and they are always experimenting with new things in the bakery section. Restaurants are always terrible value for money in any case and mainly for poseurs.

Edited by JamesBlond
  • Like 1

According to the op. he is in the real Thailand,let him enjoy it!!!

He needs help but whining on TV.about all of his misfortunes is not going to make him feel better.

He is the only one that can help him and the sooner he sees that the better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

burger on sukhumvit is 310THB

a pizza is 600THB

a beer is 220THB....

No idea where you buy your food and drinks, but if you can´t afford them, stay away from the 5* restaurants with the high prices.

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

I never see guy complain like this one before.

previous topic he post....

if you boring with thailand, why don’t you just leave?????

• 13 replies
    • 104 views
    • 40 replies
    • 571 views
    • 246 replies
    • 5,669 views
    • 155 replies
    • 3,027 views
    • 59 replies
    • 2,102 views
    • 125 replies
    • 4,737 views
    • 115 replies
    • 3,607 views
    • 201 replies
    • 4,892 views

• 122 replies
    • 3,652 views
    • 91 replies
    • 1,929 views
    • 2 replies
    • 289 views
    • 73 replies
    • 1,977 views
    • 8 replies
    • 207 views
    • 25 replies
    • 724 views

It is his basic human right to complain.

Are you going to start policing that also?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Strange, wife and I both had KFC yesterday, total bill Inc drinks  180 baht

We had a pizza and roast chicken peices for lunch the other day total bill Inc drinks 220 baht

I could go on, but you can eat very cheaply in Thailand if you choose to, just like you can choose between roadside cafes or restaurants, Thailand has a wide variety to choose from.

contradicting yourself ????

I think he is talking about food in a place like Dukes, which IS very expensive.

Even on Sukhumvit good meals are available at under 200, as in Took Lai Dee, and that's expensive compared to out of Bangkok prices.

Anyone that is bored in LOS can't be trying very hard. Train trips for a pittance, or a bus for under 200 to far away places. 

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why do people expect Thailand to be cheap?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Because it is?

25 baht for a rice meal is barely more than 30 years ago.

Trains are a pittance, local buses likewise. Rooms for 2000 a month.

If one wants to live like a farang back home, expect to pay large.

I'm happy to say I've never been a Pattaya or Sukumvit fan... though I do visit my brother-in-law in Pattaya and we find amazing food at good prices, they aren't places with many white folks in them.

My friend's boyfriend just left because his salary went down from 300k to 150k and he's unable to survive on that. Not much understanding or sympathy for people like that - pricing themselves out of a happy life.

Anyone seeking a western lifestyle here will be a little disappointed by the cost for sure. I remember one guy I worked with complaining about the cost of razors - but I never noticed. I bought a razor from Aliexpress for $10 and I got 100 blades from Shopee for 220 baht that'll last two years changing them weekly.

Having said that, we just fed 7 people for a special mother's day dinner until they could hardly walk in a very smart restaurant on the ChaoPraya river near Ayutthaya... must say it's probably the best I've tasted in a few years and the total bill for that was over 3000 baht so you can spend it if you want to.

Generally I'm happy spending 300 in Black Canyon for decent food in a decent place. Pizza is a very occasional treat, maybe one every two months - and burgers generally only for an occasional treat too. They're just not the thing to eat here!

The market here is very restricted - so you can easily find yourself outside the 'cheap' zone, otherwise you must learn to live within those restrictions. If you want a Kindle, you're in trouble. I spent a month finding mine, via Shopee in the end it only cost 10% more than the Amazon ticket price... 

Next up, look for simple (and VERY cheap produce) like tinned chopped tomatoes, baked beans...

15 hours ago, ben2talk said:

I'm happy to say I've never been a Pattaya or Sukumvit fan...

I can only assume that you are referring to the bars etc.

Perhaps you do not realise that Pattaya is more than Walking Street, Beach and Second Roads, and Sukhumvit has to be the longest city road in LOS.

I guess people see what they want to see.

Given there are bars and bargirls in every town/ city in LOS, how does one get by in them if one does not like Thai nightlife?

Edited by thaibeachlovers