Honda

alan grice

A bit more patience is required.

Go onto the Honda website and click on the CRV ....you should be able to decipher something from the tabs....grade level, specifications etc.

I recently went through a similar exercise with the Civic and City models.

The 2wd is lower specced that the 4wd version, for both the diesel and petrol version. There's nothing wrong with the diesel; I have it, and prefer it for its better torque, 9 speed box and much better fuel economy (especially in urban driving). There is also a 2wd version available. The crv is an expensive shopping trolly if you are just going to tesco though. Better to go into a big showroom and pick up a brochure and look at the vehicles. 

Tried the HRV RS .Well equipped, let down by noisy gears.As for diesel no thanks. Where i live im not sitting in a line of trucks to fill up when you can splash n dash from the E 85 cheapo pump.!.[emoji705]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

16 hours ago, alan grice said:

CRV 2 WD drive benzine , sorry I posted from annoyance . If its got Top 4 WD specs ill buy one.I do not need 4 wd drive to scale Tesco Lotus speed bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Tesco Lotus speed bumps? Are you serious?> 

• Haha 1

4WD on demand is good to have available in my view. I went through some horrendous road works recently, at night in the pouring rain with very poor visibilty and hilly, and you could feel the 2WD Fortuner squirming around on the rough muddy road surface even at low speed. I was actually wondering at one point going up the road if the rears would cease to get any traction at all and we would have been stuck. In that situation engaging 4WD makes perfect sense. OK you don't get this every day, but subsequently when buying a Fortuner we got the 4WD model as the extra cost wasn't a lot and it is there if you need it. Permanent 4WD on the other hand can result in more fuel consumption.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

4WD on demand is good to have available in my view. I went through some horrendous road works recently, at night in the pouring rain with very poor visibilty and hilly, and you could feel the 2WD Fortuner squirming around on the rough muddy road surface even at low speed. I was actually wondering at one point going up the road if the rears would cease to get any traction at all and we would have been stuck. In that situation engaging 4WD makes perfect sense. OK you don't get this every day, but subsequently when buying a Fortuner we got the 4WD model as the extra cost wasn't a lot and it is there if you need it. Permanent 4WD on the other hand can result in more fuel consumption.

You never know when you can get stuck. Was at a restaurant a few months ago and it had been raining. Was parked in an unsealed "car park". On exit there was a dip parallel to the main road. A civic in front of me got their tires stuck in the dip and they needed a push out. Probably not enough to justify a 4wd, but that could happen anywhere with noone there to help. I don;t actually notice the 4wd operation in my crv. I think the subaru xv/forester also have a good all wheel drive system.