Almost denied at Don Muang airport

2 minutes ago, G950 said:

This is the second post in 2 days where a person was "almost denied" but bribed the IO to get in. In the last 6 months I read every "almost/denied entry" post and have never heard 1 poster mention any bribes. New trend or something else happening here? 

You are right how can this be?  Thailand taking bribes?  Impossible I say... 

What a surprise, Another falang who thinks he can live in Thailand with tourist visas and questioned why he is being detained???. When will these guys ever learn. Thai visa should add sub forum just for people being denied/almost denied at the airport as this is a daily occurrence these days.

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

What a surprise, Another falang who thinks he can live in Thailand with tourist visas and questioned why he is being detained???. When will these guys ever learn. Thai visa should add sub forum just for people being denied/almost denied at the airport as this is a daily occurrence these days.

Yes they are learning that they need to bribe the IO. 

If this is not troll, after all that's being going on past few years and posted hundred times on TV, you still think you can live in Thailand fulltime in repeated Visitor visas. Are you retarded or genuinely an imbecile? Sheesh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Perhaps, if there were duty free shops at Don Muang after passing through immigration to enter Thailand, I might be willing to give this OP the benefit of the doubt. I think most reports of denied entry or almost denied entry are substantially accurate. This one is a load of old cobblers.

Its been a while since I've been to DM, but isn't there a booze shop in the baggage hall?

While many are claiming 'troll'... Given the inherent and almost audacious openness of graft in Thailand I am not finding this experience to be too far fetched.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its been a while since I've been to DM, but isn't there a booze shop in the baggage hall?

While many are claiming 'troll'... Given the inherent and almost audacious openness of graft in Thailand I am not finding this experience to be too far fetched.

Yes, I haven’t flown in there on an international flight for a long time, but I remember that too.  While getting your luggage there is one last chance for some kind of duty free there, mostly consisting of alcohol that I saw.  But surely they sold a few other things.  Maybe immigration can go back and get a refund for anything purchased?  End up with cash.

6 hours ago, racket said:

I'm on my 5th METV and stay in Thailand for 8-9 months per year, I have never been denied entry, questioned or interrogated with a passport full of stamps and visas. I have listened to advice to carry 20,000 baht "just in case" and never been pulled over so far. I just find it curious that people who've stayed here for so long never heard of Thaivisa.com. Besides, when applying for a tourist visa or a visa on arrival in Bali, you never have to show any bank statements, so I'm not sure where that is coming from. 

Stop trolling us dude, just like the other "denied entry post" earlier. 

No matter if people have heard of TV or not, you realize a large portion of people here do not post on TV right?  

The OP is saying he got a Tourist Visa from the Thai consulate in Bali, where he showed them bank statements, he is not talking about the tourist visa on arrival to get into Bali.

I guess immigration can’t hold up every single person, that would take a long time, immigration held me up when leaving and stole my wallet, I’m sure they don’t do that to every passenger every day, but maybe to one every now and then when a good opportunity arises???  They were pretty organized about how they went about it, like a pickpocket ring.

Sounds a little off to me.  But don't underestimate it because it was a female I/O.

The one I had 2 weeks ago was right uppity about a very small administrative issue with me, clearly primed and ready to chop my head off with her ninja sword if I ruffled my feathers at her.  

They've been on a roll for nearly 2 years now, going toe to toe with chancers who've been running roughshod for years, and even having a go with a few major foreign embassies.   Immigration has regained the initiative and are feeling their oats.

10 hours ago, jondoe18 said:

Because Thai pay taxes... you funny .

A visa is a tax ...

Yes, there are Thais wo pay tax like many foreigners who work here. 

Your other comment is not even worth talking about.

No worries the time that you can work here without a proper visa and work permit are ending soon. 

Buying duty free good for immig. officer when he/she has already passed the gate? What guarantee does officer has that the foreigner will return?

Wouldn't it be better just to slip some cash under the table?

More 'denied entry' stories please. This seems to be a daily event nowadays.

Edited by EricTh