Phuket Opinion: TM30 storm in a teacup

webfact

25 minutes ago, Pinot said:

"A simple notification of address completed by the TM28 form is all that is required by those renting or leasing their abodes in order to submit their application for a one-year “extension” to a permit to stay." 

What's going on now? So if I go to the next province for the night, stay at a hotel. Come back and file a TM28 with Immigration within 24 hours? Yes? No?

Nothing has changed. The TM30 nonsense is now the TM28 nonsense?

Yes. Either you do with TM28 or your landlord does with a TM30

• Like 2

I

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Friends stay with us occasionally when visiting from OS. No way am I (wife) going to head down to the office to register them, nor create a hotel like account on line to do so for those infrequent occasions.

A member, living in the wilds of the north, wrote that he had to travel 100s of ks to the nearest IO to register his friends after some fines were meted out. His solution is that he no longer allows visitors to stay with him.

Good, that will help the Thai economy, but save the over worked IO another ream of A4

31 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Better to begin with to simplify things for foreigners instead of complicating  procedures. 

Dream on, Btw no punch intended...…..There are many ways for a Government to slowly but surely make clear and pushing a minority out of a country without breaking International laws and attract attention. Sidetracking now, but as an example together with latest years Immigration policys and Tm 30, its now the health department who is called in and government hospitals with the law in hand will start charging foreigners double price compared to what the Thai citizens pay from 1. October.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Got cought up in this today. Immigration expected a marina manager to register me at his marina so i could extent a 30 day exempt arrival after flying out and back in. Funny stuff. I aint bothering with that.

See ya phuket . Off to malaysia. The 30,000 usd refit contract for local contractors now headed to langkawi.

Why bother with Phuket in the first place Langkawi was always the obviouse choice for the price of a refit

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A member, living in the wilds of the north, wrote that he had to travel 100s of ks to the nearest IO to register his friends after some fines were meted out. His solution is that he no longer allows visitors to stay with him.

happy times

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

Dream on, Btw no punch intended...…..There are many ways for a Government to slowly but surely make clear and pushing a minority out of a country without breaking International laws and attract attention. Sidetracking now, but as an example together with latest years Immigration policys and Tm 30, its now the health department who is called in and government hospitals with the law in hand will start charging foreigners double price compared to what the Thai citizens pay from 1. October.

Well in that case their efforts are gaining momentum.

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1

Have many people ever tried to submit a TM30 or TM28 at their local police station?  If the experience is like anything else they will shake their heads and say immigration business. Then they will hand back the paperwork and return to whatever they were doing.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

A simple notification of address completed by the TM28 form is all that is required by those renting or leasing their abodes in order to submit their application for a one-year “extension” to a permit to stay.

I don't rent or  lease, I  built the freaking  house, name in yellow  house  book.

Ok  will  ALL other  offices  be  putting up their own rules also so we can have a  bloody  good  larf?

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I don't rent or  lease, I  built the freaking  house, name in yellow  house  book.

Ok  will  ALL other  offices  be  putting up their own rules also so we can have a  bloody  good  larf?

So did I, build and own my own house.

If you are so-called "house master" you should make a TM30 report about yourself. If somebody else is house master – it's mentioned in the Blue House Book – then that person shall make a TM30 report about you.

????

Went to Phuket Immigration today to inquire about the TM28 / TM30 debate.

I am on a 1 year extension of stay, fly overseas this week and come back in October. Was told by one of the Immigration Volunteers to use the Drive-through, hand over my Passport to the IO and tell him that I'm back and live at the same address. No TM28, no other documents and no copies.

The volunteer mentioned that this simplified 24 hour reporting applies to longterm, presumably 1 year extensions.

• Like 1