Just reporting the TM30 experience...

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:
1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

wants me to get mom to travel for hours from her province to my home

home owner actually lives in Germany

TM 30 problems aside, what happens when you have a problem with your rental home?

Fix it yourself or have it fixed and they pay the bill through bank transfer? 

Glad you kept your cool and got it done.

Hope I can find a lawyer to handle a transaction for 300 baht if I run into trouble with the IO.

That part seems like a bargain. 

And the PoA requires tax stamps, although this may not be enforced?

I'm a bit confused... you mentioned the 90 day report then delve into what appears to be the TM30 experience. Assume you have never filed a TM30, and that you were prevented from filing a TM47 (90 day report) until you compelted the TM30?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And the PoA requires tax stamps, although this may not be enforced?

I'm a bit confused... you mentioned the 90 day report then delve into what appears to be the TM30 experience. Assume you have never filed a TM30, and that you were prevented from filing a TM47 (90 day report) until you compelted the TM30?

I will admit I get confused with all the forms and naming conventions...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

That can be reduced by people that stand up and do not pay, but even complain as well on the official way an well as in public.

There is the idealist's way...and the practical way...when forced to admit defeat of my ideals...I resort to practical means to resolve problems...????

Shure, that is what 99.5 % of the people do, resort to practical means for themself, and that is why the country will not change to the better. How many people are needed for a change? 20 % %

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You did right to keep your cool (also the Thai way, and one of the more admirable traits here), but it's still institutionalised harassment which ever way one looks at it. No shame in calling it for what it is. 

Thais keep cool until they don't and then watch out. Have you never watched a Thai soap opera?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

OK sport, tell us how you in your infinite armchair wisdom would have handled it differently?  ????

No reason to get pertly. - I dont blame you. It is just the way post No. 18 said: You did what you felt had to be done, but do not celebrate this.

There is a dozen way to handle it differently, but if you do not know and will not do, its meaningless to tell you.  I admit you took the easiest way.

What I am more interested to hear than successfull bribe stories are those when somebody resist to it and how it worked out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mok199 said:

I was told by my condo manager yesterday as we argued ''I need to take time to understand thais''...sadly this is the mentality, we matter very little...its all about them

Judging by most posts on Thai Visa, including yours, everyone in Thailand should prioritize farang issues before all else. 

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Could you not just of done the 90day report online?.............did mine yesterday morning, approved yesterday afternoon..........never done  a TM30 ever......

Unless you are the owner of the place where you are staying, you do not need to do a TM30.

However, when you are visiting your provincial IO for an extension of stay, you need to ensure that the place where you are currently residing has done a TM30 otherwise you risk that your extension of stay will be denied.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, henry2109 said:

When bribery takes place, there are 2 persons involved: the one who gives it and the one who takes it. Both are criminals.

In your case, the officer got rewarded for scamming you.

Why is bribery so common here? Because it is widely accepted and hardly pursued. And because of the giver feels that it is easier for him and quicker to go that route. That sets an immense goal for the officials to make things more slowly, more complicated, even unavailable, it there is no money coming to them. So finally, with every single act of this kind the bribery becomes more prevelant.

That can be reduced by people that stand up and do not pay, but even complain as well on the official way an well as in public. But that is the hard way to go. I know I am dreaming.

Bribery is often, quicker, easier and cheaper. Hence handing over money to police after being stopped for a fake traffic violation. I was stopped once and procrastinated for so long he gave up and went after someone else.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I do travel a bit so with a Thai Landlord who refuses to sign & submit the forms it will be interesting next year for my extension. Been in apartment 14 years

I suggest that you check out the TVF in the weeks before your extension is due, and enquire whether TM30 is actually enforced by your provincial IO.  Since the provincial immigration offices are now required to follow a checklist that includes TM30 compliance, for approving extensions of stay, chances are very slim your extension will be approved when no TM30 has been filed of your current residence on the day of your application.

Some TV-members suggested therefore to take a hotel the day before visiting the provincial IO, so that your TM30 is filed.  However, you would need to stay at the Hotel also the day of your visit, otherwise you will be 'checked out' on the day of your visit.  But not sure whether that would indeed work if the rest of your TM30 history for the past year was blank.