Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

yeah right, don't listen to the majority of scientists

Bingo!!! We would be better off executing all the politicians and economists, and putting the scientists in charge. They could not do any worse.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

It's wilful, sure - Greta's handlers know exactly what they are doing, but they are very careful to stay out of the limelight, for fear of damaging the optics if their behind-the-scenes manipulation became evident.

Go and look up the Second Law of Thermodynamics, then come back to me.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

yeah right, don't listen to the majority of scientists

well, I remember reading somewhere months ago where the scientists got the numbers all wrong as such the climate change theory was somewhat diminished …. however, i'll see if I can find that article again .. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

We just have to stop deforresting, be more smart about our consuming, use more renewable energy, and stopp polluting our oceans with plastic and other chemicals. 

I see the most immediate threat as the wholescale deforestation of the Amazonian rainforest. The planet's lungs. If this is allowed to continue, climate change will pick up at a pace.

This wanton vandalism of the most important ecosystem on the planet is the result of policies enacted by Brazil's persident Bolsonaro, purley on the grounds of short term monetary gain. Fully and enthusiastically backed by Trump. Who else?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well, I remember reading somewhere months ago where the scientists got the numbers all wrong as such the climate change theory was somewhat diminished …. however, i'll see if I can find that article again .. 

Yes, ignorance is bliss.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If we kill this planet before we get off it we will have saved the rest of the universe from certain destruction.Always look on the bright side of life.

Our planet is in the ' outskirts ' of a galaxy called the milky way ... In univere there are countless galaxys with trillions of suns ( stars ) , most of them having planetary systems ...

We are just part of a giant experiment ... that is to ensure the survival and balance of our biosphere because we need this to survive as a species . If we fail , our species is bound for extinction , we will not survive ... Then we did not pass the test and failed .

But somewhere else in universe there will be alien species more intelligent than us who will survive and manage their planet better than  us .

_97760609_m63starstreamsandthesunflowergalaxyolegbryzgalov.jpg

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Did you read it in a Trump tweet?

9:18 AM 11/14/2018 | Energy

Michael Bastasch | Energy Editor

Scientists behind a headline-grabbing climate study admitted they “really muffed” their paper.

Their study claimed to find 60 percent more warming in the oceans, but that was based on math errors.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, ignorance is bliss.

9:18 AM 11/14/2018 | Energy

Michael Bastasch | Energy Editor

Scientists behind a headline-grabbing climate study admitted they “really muffed” their paper.

Their study claimed to find 60 percent more warming in the oceans, but that was based on math errors.

• Thanks 1