Mazda3 sales break record for dealer

snoop1130

Mazda3 sales break record for dealer

By The Nation

800_34bb4bfd30f11c9.jpg

Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co Ltd says it received more than 1,100 orders for the new Mazda3 within four days of its launch.

The car is available in both sedan and five-door fastback body styles and is priced from Bt969,000 to Bt1.198 million.

More than 2,000 fans attended the official launch on September 18, according to Thee Permpongpanth, vice president of Mazda Sales.

“We staged a sneak preview in August and received a lot of interest, so we created an online system to communicate with customers and get them registering for the launch,” he said.

He said the 1,100+ orders received in just four days broke the record of 1,000 units set in 2006. Seventy per cent of the orders were for the top-priced 2.0 SP model.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/auto/30376720

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-09-25

12 hours ago, keith101 said:

So that's 1,100+ orders from all over the country in 76 Provinces at an average of just over 14 per Province which is 3.5 orders per day , wow big deal .

Dont forget many are spur of the moment orders. Maybe they will give us the cancellation figure as well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Price range is unchanged since I bought the SP model in mid-2016.

1.198m is 100k more than the previous model SP, no? And I thought the base model was in the high 800k range too. Nonetheless, it's still compares favourably to competitors from Honda and Toyota, especially when you consider that the interior is basically one class higher.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keith101 said:

So that's 1,100+ orders from all over the country in 76 Provinces at an average of just over 14 per Province which is 3.5 orders per day , wow big deal .

Actually not too shabby - compared with a total of 5,255 Mazda 3 sales in 2018.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 7:02 PM, keith101 said:

Thailand has extremely low car ownership. This is easily reflected in yearly car sales.

Your math is just numbers that don't explain anything. have you been in the rural areas? Driving a regular car is rare because most people buy pickups. A car that isn't Toyota achieving a thousand orders is indeed a big deal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Mazda make good quality cars, although new car prices in Thailand verge on the ridiculous.

Yes they are a few thousand dollars higher than the USA prices. However the Thai price includes the 7%VAT, the first years insurance, first year license fee and a bunch of extra items of dubious value, but nice to have.

I bought a 2018 mazda 3 sedan, and its one of the best and most fun to drive vehicles I have owned.

When you read the reviews of similar cars, the testers all want to drive the Mazda 3? Now that I own one I understand why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1