Final proposal - PM Johnson to unveil Brexit offer to EU

webfact

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will on Wednesday unveil his final Brexit offer to the European Union and make clear that if Brussels does not engage with the proposal, Britain will not negotiate further and will leave on Oct. 31.

Promise, tjing tjing?

9 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Most Europeans I know would love to see the UK sink into the sea. And I am tired of all the whining of a bunch of incapable fools. Best would be to close all borders for 100%, to close the tunnel and let them sort it out for themselves.

If only we could cull the unrepentant leavers then we could finally get our country back. But they would probably taste quite bitter and tough so I'll have to make do with tariff free New Zealand lamb in our brave new Brexit Land of Lies.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Ok, let's reframe my question.

The UK wasn't able to negotiate a better trade deal with South Korea.

Why do you think that the UK will be able to negotiate something better with the US or China ?  If anything at all ?  The EU has a lot more power, more weight in negotiations. Do you really think that China will be impressed by the UK and that they will give the UK anything better than the EU has now ? if they are even willing to waste their time talking ?  Did you see what happened with negotiations between the US and China ?  And US demands were not even unfair. They just wanted equal access to Chinese markets and did not even get that.  Do you really think China will bow to the UK?  With the US it is exactly the same. Trump will not give presents. Especially not when seeing how desperate the UK will be soon. 

Agreed. The reality will sink in when trade deals go t**s up. Nothing is for nothing, and guess who's going to come off worst? It sure wouldn't be China or the USA - or India.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

If only we could cull the unrepentant leavers then we could finally get our country back. But they would probably taste quite bitter and tough so I'll have to make do with tariff free New Zealand lamb in our brave new Brexit Land of Lies.....

A Remainer talking about getting their country back? From Leavers?

The type of confusion that happens when satire meets hypocrisy.

Keep fighting the good fight to make us a state of federal Europe. Then you can have your country back.????

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Sounds like this is going to work out great for the EU. Makes you wonder why they don't let us leave at the end of October and start reaping the benefits immediately ????.

News for you: the EU can’t stop you leaving.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, damascase said:

News for you: the EU can’t stop you leaving.

I said "Let" us leave. By refusing the extension request.

They can't "stop" us leaving.  Well, not officially. Colluding with UK Remainer MP's kind of stops us but I blame the traitourous UK MP'S for that. The EU is only looking after itself. I have way more respect for them than I do for the likes of Dominic Grieve selling out his own countrymen to a French/German led federal project.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jip99 said:

New Deal or No Deal.

I don’t give a flying fart which it is.

Over to you Barnier/Juncker.

(You see now what he has created by…: forgetting his famous "take it or leave it " in his speech …:cheesy: )

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/02/boris-johnson-speech-gives-eu-hope-he-will-rethink-irish-plan

Boris Johnson speech gives EU hope he will rethink Irish plan

Brussels takes heart from PM stopping short of ‘take it or leave it’ Brexit statement

The absence of a “take it or leave it” demand in Boris Johnson’s conference speech has offered some hope in Brussels of a prime ministerial U-turn on what EU officials have described as unworkable proposals for the Irish border.

more...

Daniel Boffey in Brussels, and Heather Stewart

Wed 2 Oct 2019 21.34 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/02/boris-johnson-unveils-brexit-plan-for-alternative-to-backstop

Dismay in Brussels as Boris Johnson finally reveals Brexit plan

Michel Barnier scathing in his reaction, describing PM’s Irish border proposals as a trap

more...

https://news.sky.com/video/this-is-not-the-safeguard-ireland-needs-says-guy-verhofstadt-on-latest-uk-brexit-proposal-11825664

'This is not the safeguard Ireland needs', says Guy Verhofstadt on new UK Brexit plan

Wednesday 2 October 2019 20:33, UK

Edited by david555

15 hours ago, tebee said:

I often wonder why leavers still think leaving the EU will be a good thing, when everything any leave leader has said has turned out to be an ill advised pile of lies ?

I suspect it's a dream like this:

You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Christopher Columbus.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:48 AM, dimitriv said:

Do you really think that the UK will get better deals than the EU ?  That "protectionist bloc" has much more power than the UK has. 

The UK needs only to talk to the country that they wish to deal with and not wait for the other 27 countries to agree to the deal.

The EU/Canada deal took 10 years to sign.

However at the moment until Brexit is completed the UK cannot sign an agreement with other countries because the EU forbids it.

Brexit: New UK plan for Northern Ireland to stay in single market

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49909309
As the 'one country, two systems' principle is now proposed for the UK, maybe the government will recognise the overwhelming rejection of Brexit by Scotland, and extend to us the same opportunity to remain in the single market?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No one is not letting you leave. You’re requesting the extensions. 

Well, the PM is bound by law to request an extension due to Benn's shameful surrender bill.

The EU know the country doesn't want it and they know the UK government doesn't want it. It's only the traitorous MP's like Grieve and Benn who are forcing it upon us, essentially taking the side of the EU (who also want us to extend) against of the electorate and the government (who want to leave at the end of October). So once again we come back to this disgrace of a Parliament being led by odious politicians like Benn and Grieve.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well, the PM is bound by law to request an extension due to Benn's shameful surrender bill.

The EU know the country doesn't want it and they know the UK government doesn't want it. It's only the traitorous MP's like Grieve and Benn who are forcing it upon us, essentially taking the side of the EU (who also want us to extend) against of the electorate and the government (who want to leave at the end of October). So once again we come back to this disgrace of a Parliament being led by odious politicians like Benn and Grieve.  

So it seems a pure U.K. politicians problem …. sort it out amongst Brits , no E.U. interference possible !

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The country doesn’t want to leave otherwise it wouldn’t request an extension.

So it’s not that the EU is not letting you leave. It’s the EU letting you stay because you want to stay. 

Very funny......Nice one...????

• Haha 1