bed bug problem

jaffas21

I'm saying these are bed bugs but I have been feeling micro bites leading to scratching while sitting on a chair.

My gf has lots of scratch marks all over, where shes been itching im not bad, but I do get random itches or bites. looking around the room and as im not itching in my clothes sitting here, the bed seems like the problem place. Some people have suggested spraying the bed. im in a rented apartment so throwing it out isnt an option. Any ideas for a treatment that won't poison me in bed

suggestions appreciated

• Like 1

This is only a suggestion.

It may be ants, tiny little things. A few hours before bedtime, I would suggest get a suitable spray, spray around the base of the bed at floor level. leave the to room ventilate. See if that helps.

• Like 2

You can buy fumigation bombs from the supermarkets, strip the bed clothing, wash in hot water with some eucalyptus oil added.

use the fumigation bombs through the house, open all cupboards, leave for two hours while the fumigation bombs are in use.

Remove any plants when doing this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

This is only a suggestion.

It may be ants, tiny little things. A few hours before bedtime, I would suggest get a suitable spray, spray around the base of the bed at floor level. leave the to room ventilate. See if that helps.

yeah it could be micro ant .. .i guess that might stop them and under the doors as well

51 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You can buy fumigation bombs from the supermarkets, strip the bed clothing, wash in hot water with some eucalyptus oil added.

use the fumigation bombs through the house, open all cupboards, leave for two hours while the fumigation bombs are in use.

Remove any plants when doing this.

can you give me  an example of a thai fumigation bomb from google and is it in a big tesco?

15 hours ago, jaffas21 said:

can you give me  an example of a thai fumigation bomb from google and is it in a big tesco?

Think got mine from either Makro or Big C. Moretein and Raid make some, other brands around. Try looking at Amazon as well

Edited by RJRS1301

If you have what look like bites, then it's likely to be ants. Bed bugs give you a kind of rash - lots of it everywhere as these pests spread quickly. They're extremely hard to eradicate and it can be a long and costly procedure. Call in the professionals - you'll be fighting a losing battle trying to control an infestation by yourself. In the interim, you can help by using a heater and steam machine - bed bugs die from excessive heat (but not necessarily their eggs), and one of those clothing steam irons is good for your bed and sofa if used frequently (every day). Use the hot air dryer for your clothes and sheets etc (those new Otteri places have them). Clothing etc that's not used for lengthy periods should be put into those vacuum seal bags and the air completely sucked out (but it may take a loooong time to kill any bugs). Good luck.

• Like 1

Without a clear description, there are a number of possibilities within the insect realm.

1) Scabes -- Mites that burrow into the skin and produce an itchy rash.
2) Fleas -- Produce bites that itch while the insect is small enough to make detection difficult in smaller numbers.
3) Bedbugs -- Insects whose bites are sometimes considered painful, but usually produce an itchy rash-like welt on the skin.
4) Mosquitos -- Smaller varieties of mosquitos can deliver dozens of bites a minute, and they can leave a very itchy swelling, of various degrees of inflammation, depending on their victim's sensitisation/immune response.
5) Thrips and plant lice -- Produce mild bites which are more annoying than harmful.  These insects usually remain outside and feed on plants, with their bites of humans possibly being unintentional on their part.
6) Ants --  produce painful and itchy bites.

Some natural management options:

1) Iron the bed, sheets, pillowcases, blankets, etc., and/or any clothing that may be home to the pests (especially important for scabes and bedbugs).

2) Obtain an ozonator and run it on the air of the room for a few hours while it is not occupied (seems to work well on mosquitos).

3) Use boric acid: for ants, mix about a sixth part boric acid with sugar, peanut butter, or anything else the ants like to eat, and give them a good feed--they'll take it back to their nest and kill the queens, resulting in the colony dying out within a couple weeks or so; for fleas, cockroaches, bedbugs, or anything else, they just need to come into direct contact with the powder somehow, which works to break down their exoskeleton, leaving them to dehydrate and die--they cannot become immune to it.

• Thanks 1

If you can find it a non-toxic solution is to use food grade diatomaceous earth (DE).  You can look it up about using it.  I have used vitacost to order some, it's in the pet section.

You can also look on lazada for camarcio dust mite killer.  I have no idea how effective it is though.  You attach it to a vacuum.

Or perhaps look for a herbal spray.  

I would use poison on my stuff as a last resort.

6 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Buying a latex mattress...... problem solved! ????

Even a latex matrass has some upper materials in a soft cloth filled with synthetic fabrics like pillow filling can give the nasty  bugs a living place ...

Afbeelding(15).jpg

i checked into a nice hotel in manila (fort bonafacio area).  the first night i woke up about 2:00am as i felt itchy.  i turned on the lights and noticed a small bug on top of the white duvet i was sleeping under.  i smashed it and alot of blood came out of it.  then i lifted the duvet up and saw two more, killed them, but no blood.  i don't think they had a chance to bite me yet.  went down to reception and got a new room, no addtl issues.  point being, in my limited experience, it is pretty easy to spot the bed bugs with the naked eye.

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

No, there is special anti bug fabric on the market. 

Good luck if they used that one , most effective for dust mites , read on internet about the bed bug fight …. they hide every were not only mattress , tiny gaps in wooden floor or baseboards gaps ….. they can live up to 3 months from last meal (our blood) mean time making baby's , hot + 60 degrees Celsius kill it , or the deepfreeze for all your clothes …. so don't throw away that old fashion horizontal suitcase freezer , as for cold or even for +60 degrees (with example a hairdryer as heather can solve the cloths / fabrics contamination 

Oh beautiful nasty nature fighting back …. insect taking control ????

On 11/21/2019 at 1:11 PM, jaffas21 said:

im in a rented apartment so throwing it out isnt an option.

It is an option,

as long as you replace it with a new one. 

You do need to spray the bed if it is wooden before replacing the mattress. 

Edited by The Theory

If you look closely enough, you should be able to see clear signs of bed bugs....especially around the seams of your mattress. 

If it is bedbugs...you will get rash-like bites, usually on the side of your body you sleep on.

Getting rid.

most bed bugs die at temps over 40 C.

You can try injecting your mattress with a domestic surface bug spray and also spray the surface....leave the mattress out in full sun.

Clothing etc.

Put in black binliners spray in a bug spray...seal the bag.

Then take out and wash the clothing and repeat...wash again.

If you can, dry clothing sheets etc in a dryer at highest temperature setting the fabrics can take. Leaving in full sun may be an alternative.

Wash and repeat. You are trying to kill both i sects and eggs.

With ants you may find domestic surface sprays (e g. Baygon) may work too.

With all insect infestations, you need to look at the potential food supply. With bedbugs, its your blood, but with ants you may find its just miniscule amounts of crumbs or sugar dropped by yourself.

Rentokil ànd other companies can be called in....... especially in the case of an apartment that was previously occupied by an animal lover who gas left the place infested with fleas.

Again these are usuàlly quite visible...they look like dark çigarette ash scattered on your feet....that can jump!

Edited by Airbagwill

45 minutes ago, justin case said:

the sprays are sometimes more dangerous for your health than a few bugs

or you might got T2D and welcome to neuropathy

the fumigation foggerss are left for two hours, then rooms opened air.

Bedbugs are often resistant to insecticides, so hard to kill. Usually easy to tell if you have them - you will see small blood spots on your bedding and small brown fecal marks near the bed. They also rarely bite during the day, night time feeders. Google for other signs.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:46 PM, AsianAtHeart said:

Without a clear description, there are a number of possibilities within the insect realm.

1) Scabes -- Mites that burrow into the skin and produce an itchy rash.
2) Fleas -- Produce bites that itch while the insect is small enough to make detection difficult in smaller numbers.
3) Bedbugs -- Insects whose bites are sometimes considered painful, but usually produce an itchy rash-like welt on the skin.
4) Mosquitos -- Smaller varieties of mosquitos can deliver dozens of bites a minute, and they can leave a very itchy swelling, of various degrees of inflammation, depending on their victim's sensitisation/immune response.
5) Thrips and plant lice -- Produce mild bites which are more annoying than harmful.  These insects usually remain outside and feed on plants, with their bites of humans possibly being unintentional on their part.
6) Ants --  produce painful and itchy bites.

Some natural management options:

1) Iron the bed, sheets, pillowcases, blankets, etc., and/or any clothing that may be home to the pests (especially important for scabes and bedbugs).

2) Obtain an ozonator and run it on the air of the room for a few hours while it is not occupied (seems to work well on mosquitos).

3) Use boric acid: for ants, mix about a sixth part boric acid with sugar, peanut butter, or anything else the ants like to eat, and give them a good feed--they'll take it back to their nest and kill the queens, resulting in the colony dying out within a couple weeks or so; for fleas, cockroaches, bedbugs, or anything else, they just need to come into direct contact with the powder somehow, which works to break down their exoskeleton, leaving them to dehydrate and die--they cannot become immune to it.

Great information.  I've been getting long 2" to 3" lines of bites on my ankles and lower legs. There may be up to 10 or more individual bites, close together, straight line.  Any ideas?

Bedbug hide from light and they move very quickly if you open the light. They leave bloody stains where they hide. If it's your problem then the only solution is to use a professional. If you live in a block the whole block need to be treated and usually more than one time. Happened in one place where I was staying in Canada. We had an exterminator come twice and fumigated the whole block. All clothes and fabric had to be put in plastic bag outside at -20C for a couple days. 

images (20).jpeg

Edited by Tayaout

On 11/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Latex mattresses are sure hot to sleep on! The only place I've heard of genuine bedbugs in BK is in Khaosan Road backpacker guesthouses, brought in by tourists.

There is a large bedburg population in NYC. Most people toss their mattresses & burn the wooden bed--the bugs live in the cracks. The professional solution is freezing. I believe they use liquid nitrogen as a spray to get in everywhere.

We have tiny flying insects attacted to light, esp computer screens, impossible to catch. They leave tiny itchy bites.

Don't scratch!!!

Edited by unblocktheplanet
forgot one point

On 11/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, sawadee1947 said:

not necessarily true; there are no completely bed bug proof mattresses. Latex itself offers some degree of deterrence for these insects compared to a traditional innerspring mattress, but there is still the covering and bedclothes.