Before: Pattaya never sleeps! After: Everyone in bed by 11 pm: Resort is dead say Thais

webfact

On 12/1/2019 at 3:20 AM, DannyCarlton said:

My mate, here on holiday, met a girl in there last night, fell in love and will probably take her to Phuket on Monday.

And will be brassic  by friday

Edited by kingdong

On 11/29/2019 at 1:35 PM, Spellforce said:

@KhunBENQ

The problem are the DUI check: 2 beers and you'r done:

- 1st time is just a night soi 9 + a fine in tribunal

- 2nd time and you might be deported and blacklisted ! If you are an expat, you can't no more drive & drink in bars, that's the new rule.

I wouldn't like to be in a Bar when a drunk expat is "driving and drinking" in it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Big Gary said:

I wouldn't like to be in a Bar when a drunk expat is "driving and drinking" in it.

It wasn't in Thailand

but i have seen one time a mate totally drunk go out of a bar

take his motorbike parked outside and go in the bar, driving like a crazy

around the circular bar desk in the middle, it was a total chaos, everybody was drunk

except the poor bar waiters! (30 years ago in a barrack NCO mess, but i still remember)

True story

Edited by kingofthemountain

10 hours ago, morrobay said:

Those in Pattaya from Walking street any time at night can private charter a songkow for 250 baht to anywhere (Naklua or Jomtien) I have done it for two. 

Or get a taxi, always some hanging around on 2nd near Soi Diamond. Probably about that price and far more comfortable. Make use of Grab too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 1:38 AM, 3NUMBAS said:

what are the gangs of ladyboy muggers doing for victims to turn over?takings must be sparse these days

The ladyboys are getting a few Indian customers that haggle them down to a few hundred baht. 

There's a fine margin between earning a baht and stealing a baht.  ????

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

The ladyboys are getting a few Indian customers that haggle them down to a few hundred baht. 

There's a fine margin between earning a baht and stealing a baht.  ????

I have not seen any News report of them getting scammed or robbed by the ladyboys this year yet... the one hiding under the bed rifling pockets springs to mind! Have the LBs become more honest, or the Indians more Pattaya street-wise?

On 12/2/2019 at 8:14 AM, DannyCarlton said:

On the Darkside. Won't name it for 2 reasons. I mentioned illegal activity in the bar and encouraging TV posters to visit it would kill the atmosphere in the bar. Was in last night, heaving again and party atmosphere. Also had a very nice meal in there.

Sounds like a gay bar

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have not seen any News report of them getting scammed or robbed by the ladyboys this year yet... the one hiding under the bed rifling pockets springs to mind! Have the LBs become more honest, or the Indians more Pattaya street-wise?

There has been a few robberies committed by ladyboys recently.  I can't remember if the victim was Indian. 

Maybe that's why they have 3 or 4 of their friends waiting back in the room.  For security, of course.  ????

"Nut said that the first things that came to her mind on a visit were ghosts. ?

As long as there are people who only promise to do good things for Thailand, but never do it, things will even get worse.

I remember times when Pattaya never slept. 

On 11/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, torturedsole said:

Never been asked to produce my passport and I don't subscribe to a Xerox of my passport page as I can't be bothered as not required.  

A relaxed attitude, a bit of banter and production of required documentation will see one clear of any further nonsense.  RTP really aren't that bad if you play the game.  I've had more trouble with the old bill in the UK. 

That's cos you're on you guard in the LOS, you're not sure what can happen if you put a foot wrong. So you're on your best behaviour.

However you know the score in the UK, you've got legal aid vultures, social workers and even psychiatrists and the human rights merchants to help you out if need be.

You're on your own in Thailand and you're guilty unless you can prove you're innocent. It's at the Thai plod's discretion if you go to the monkey house and you can do nothing about it.

You've had more trouble with the old bill in the UK because you've spent a lot more of your life in the UK and you know what you can and can't get away with.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:25 AM, DannyCarlton said:

You can negotiate with the cops in LOS, like you can't in the UK. Works for me.

Wait till you have a rather more serious experience with the plod. It won't work for you then.

It would be deleted if I expanded on the matter here but some long term ex pats will have known of similar incidents.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Picture: Pattaya Watchdog

Thais have agreed with assessments made earlier in the week that Pattaya is dying a death.

And they appear to have rejected a rosy outlook presented by a deputy mayor. 

One of Thailand's premier seaside resorts is so quiet that most people are in bed by 11 pm. 

Few are buying anything, red light areas are quiet as the grave, hotels won't lower their prices and one poster even spoke of being afraid of ghosts, it was that quiet.

The Prime Minister has even been singled out for getting what he wanted. 

The comments were all the initial posts from Thais to pictures taken at 1 am this morning and posted on the site of the Pattaya Watchdog. 

77pm.jpg

A "Top Fan" posted a picture of a deserted Soi Bua Khao, part of the city's once famed red light district. 

"Pim" said she had been trying to sell stuff at Central but it was "soooooo quiet".

"Ivy" asked: "Where has everyone gone?"

"Pond" partially blamed the hotels for refusing to lower expensive prices.

"Nut" said that the first things that came to her mind on a visit were ghosts. 

"Narupong" said how stupid it was for the authorities to be digging up the road when the International Fireworks festival was happening. (It's due to take place this weekend, notes Thaivisa).

77pm1.jpg

But "Kantinan" summed up the situation in Pattaya best saying:

"In the old days they said Pattaya never sleep number bed customer service. You would see people all day and all night on the streets. But now everyone appears to be in bed by 10/11pm. All the streets are deserted and you just don't see anyone out and about any more". 

Earlier in the week Thai media reported that even though it was high season hotel bookings and tourists were 20% down. Then up spoke a deputy mayor bigging up the resort for Thais and international tourists. His rosy comments spoke of millions visiting and hundreds of billions being spent.

Finally, on today's Pattaya Watchdog" post "Pee Pa Love" pointed a facetious finger at premier Prayut saying:

"The PM said he'd bring peace and quiet to Thailand".   

Source: Pattaya Watchdog

where did the girls go? ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harmonmonic said:

where did the girls go? ????

Most of the girls are back to their family and village 

where the cost of life is near 0 (With no rent to pay and often

free food on the farm land)

Few of them are still in Pattaya, still in large numbers regarding the customers base

the prices are down, it's a buyer's market

• Sad 1

On 12/5/2019 at 4:32 PM, kingofthemountain said:

Your great night spending hundred or thousands of baths in booze is ruined because

a random taxi charge you 100 bahts more?

Seriously...

500bht in booze, then 1,500bht for my new friend is about as much as I can manage to spend on a night out.

1) How do you manage to spend so much more than me?

2) Do you get any more fun than me for that extra money?

Edited by BritManToo

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

500bht in booze, then 1,500bht for my new friend is about as much as I can manage to spend on a night out.

Methink you have quoted the wrong person

i wasn't the one spending in booze, i don't drink alcool

and i never spend more than 1000 bhts for a ''new friend''

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

1) Spend more on LDs (and not even sure there is booze involved).

2) Subjective but would expect so.