Merry Christmas what plans do you have?

ChipButty

What do you guys plan on doing for Christmas dinner or dont you bother? 

I must admit I do like a bit of Turkey so we are going to the new central

Have my Christmas dinner there, last years was great lots of things to choose from

Turkey, Pulled Pork, Ham and all the trimmings

Good choice for the midget although she does like Turkey with gravy 

A couple of glasses of wine I'll be made up

Not expensive

• Like 2

Gonna get a bottle of NZ Sauv Blanc from Villa tomorrow, & if there's some mince pies or Christmas cake at a reasonable price, I'll drench 'em in Bird's Custard.

Then feel bloated & grumpy...
????????

Sadly, I've not seen Mistletoe here, otherwise I'd be off to Chez Colin....????

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 10:30 AM, schlog said:

Had the turkey with mashed potatoes and brown+sang som sauce there on friday. Was good and not dry. Go for it.

I was thinking is the stupid drinking laws apply? cant buy after 2pm? 

I will maybe go and have a Christmas dinner at a decent restaurant here in Luang Prabang.  The only problem is that it's "too much"!  No, not the cost but the quantity ????  The amount of food would last me a week...

Happy Christmas everybody in Phuket, from a Phukexiteer (long gone...)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SteveK said:

Nobody in my village will be doing anything at all for Christmas, myself included. It's one of the things I hated about the west that I wanted to get away from. It's just purely about money.

hey... I made most of my living doing christmas in the shopping malls.. you just need to be on the right side of the equation. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I have a hot date with a Makro 99bt chic-ken and a 125bt lump of pork and more than one bottle of red from the fridge cos it has to be cold ???? 

I'll just enjoy my mash, pork sausages and beans, followed by a big glass of ice cold milk.

• Sad 1

On 12/23/2019 at 3:09 PM, SteveK said:

Nobody in my village will be doing anything at all for Christmas, myself included. It's one of the things I hated about the west that I wanted to get away from. It's just purely about money.

Me too. Hated Christmas in the West. Happy to be here 

On 12/23/2019 at 3:06 PM, wgdanson said:

Same as putting ice cubes in beer or cider. Yuk. 

Now ice cubes in a drop (glass) of Scotch is totally different!

That reminds me. I was in a restaurant once and the beer turned up. Waiter starts putting ice in all the glasses with one hand whilst holding the bottle in the other .

' My ow nam keng  krap '

He just looked at me and smiled and carried on. I repeated myself 3 or 4 times but he just did his thing and I had to fish the ice out myself. Deaf plonker or from Burma or something.

I am going to take one of the girls from the boarding house to see the doctor as she has some of the worst eye infections I think I have ever seen. She seems less concerned than I am though. Then I will probably box with the kids for the morning and let them try out some of their new equipment that was graciously donated.

Nothing too exciting on my end

• Like 1