Why are more & more expats leaving Thailand?

RyanWalker

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I dont think that he was referring to prostitution 

You were inquiring about hiring a prostitute for long term, weeks .

I have a feeling that you are getting sexual pleasure out of this discussion, hence, I am going to bail out of this discussion 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

There are some other countries that have females as well .

Thailand is not the only Country in the world where females live

Dreaming aren't you? Assuming you are talking about western countries, they may be genetically female, but are we interested in them, "romantically"? There is a reason western men spend large amounts of treasure to not have to be involved with western women.

No need to respond.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dreaming aren't you? Assuming you are talking about western countries, they may be genetically female, but are we interested in them, "romantically"?

Are you interested in then sexually ?

Shall we talk about that ?

14 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

Yeah I am in the North of China. Much cheaper here. For 100bht you can buy a huge bag full of fresh vegetables. General cost of living much much cheaper. 100bht in Bkk has zero value

What are you talking about? I can buy a cup of coffee in Bangkok for 100 baht. ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, rabang said:

Cons outweigh the pros and besides there is a whole wide world out there so why not explore it before it's too late (too sick and old)?

The wild world is best explored when one is young. I got as far as Thailand and it ticked all the boxes, so I never bothered going further.

Now when I'm too old I wish I had of. I did try Sri Lanka though, and spent the entire week wishing I'd gone to LOS instead.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, amykat said:

I was just making a specific point to Danny because he has a history in many threads of saying that Americans do all the complaining here

No you weren't. I made the point that Americans start most of the "I'm leaving Thailand" threads. You made the point that it was because there are 5 times as many Americans in the world.

A rediculous point as the releance to my point would be how many Americans there are on this forum.

Answer: Less than there are Brits.

I also went on to explain why I made that assertion, which I stand by, and you have made no reply to.

5 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Let's face it Thailand has had it's day. It's just not fun anymore

First Thaksin ruined the nite scene, then the smile departed, then the beaches were concreted over, then the home currency dropped too much, then immigration started making it difficult, then the roads became crazy places and likely to kill one, then they ruined Pattaya, then the good lookers went on line, then sanuk left.

Took a while for them to kill the goose, but they've succeeded, at last.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is a reason western men spend large amounts of treasure to not have to be involved with western women.

No need to respond.

I must respond. I have had a beautiful English wife for over 30 years. The reason that we are no longer together is totally down to me. My best friend, who visits Thailand regularly, currently is sexually active with 2 girlfriends in the UK.

Some Westerners spend large amounts in Thailand to have sex here. The usual reason for that is that Western women wouldn't look at them. Don't blame Western women, look in the mirror.

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No you weren't. I made the point that Americans start most of the "I'm leaving Thailand" threads. You made the point that it was because there are 5 times as many Americans in the world.

A rediculous point as the releance to my point would be how many Americans there are on this forum.

Answer: Less than there are Brits.

I also went on to explain why I made that assertion, which I stand by, and you have made no reply to.

Important distinction...I did not say BECAUSE...I just put out a fact for people to think about.  Rather than dispute how many Americans are complaining and/or leaving because I am sure we have no idea, I just gave out that number to think about.  

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would I want to talk about sex with someone that apparently doesn't like prostitution? IMO no married person gets great sex, and after a year they are lucky to get sex at all.

For you maybe, not for normal people.

• Like 1

These are the main reasons people are leaving in descending order.

1. They don't have the financial requirements of the visa as most of them have been declaring false affidavits in the past (Americans, British, Australians). If this is extended to Canadians, French , then more and more will leave. I still see quite a lot of Canadians and French living here.

2. Immigration getting tougher by refusing entry to long-term stayers doing border/visa runs to circumvent rule #1.

3. Baht is getting stronger and things are getting more expensive in Thailand

4. Insurance requirement isn't really a problem because one can always switch to O visa, it becomes a problem only when it covers O visa in the future. At that time more people will leave.

5. Tm30 reporting on top of 90 days reporting. 

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, amykat said:

Important distinction...I did not say BECAUSE...I just put out a fact for people to think about.  Rather than dispute how many Americans are complaining and/or leaving because I am sure we have no idea, I just gave out that number to think about.  

Yes a fact totally irrelevant to the conversation.

12 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

Vietnam, Colombia and Austria mate. Some of my old friends went to Vietnam. A few others went to Colombia. The cost of living there is very much lower. A few of my mates who lived in Bkk (well off) also felt the visa regulations and expensive cost of living

Colombia is a good choice for Americans as it is quite near to USA.

Austria would be a good choice for Europeans for the same reason, how about Hungary?

Vietnam is a good choice for Chinese because once China becomes too expensive, they will move there in large numbers due to the proximity. The other day, I was shocked to see some Chinese from China applying for retirement visa in Thailand.

Vietnam will become like Thailand someday once there are too many foreigners living there.

Edited by EricTh

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yes a fact totally irrelevant to the conversation.

Since you are still thinking about it hours later, it really must have bothered you, which means it was relevant!! ????

• Like 1

Things cost much more these days in Thailand compared to other places and even in western countries. 

Regardless of whether one can afford it or not there comes a point when one must consider the value one receives for the cost and if it is still worth the cost or not.

After many years of good value for money some may just feel it’s no longer worth the higher cost.

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, nickmondo said:

I visited my place in Spain in November 19

I compared the prices of Thailand and Spain on a spread sheet

Yes, rents, utilities fuel in Thailand are cheaper, and also the food if you eat in the small, local places.

But just about everything else was cheaper in Spain.

The nicer restaurants, the supermarkets, etc, like for like, Spain is much cheaper.

But that is not my problem here in Thailand.

What I hate is the polluted air.

Its just getting worse and worse.

Very much in the balance if i stay or go.

You need to move down to the East coat. Air quality fine here.

• Like 1