Video: Boy knocked down by car in housing estate - driver hands over 500 baht and leaves

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Netizens mostly railed at the driver wondering how she had failed to see the kid. 

FB, instagram, LINE, Whatsapp, etc. Pick one, or more. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

Edited by djayz

3 hours ago, shy coconut said:

I thought you had flounced away back home.

I was talking about 2 situations, the kid got knocked over and got up straight away.

The post of yours that I quoted suggested that you may die every time you go near a 

road, I responded accurately that no one died in this instance. You just got a little

over excited.

The second post was responding to someone saying it isn't safe to play outside your

house anymore and I was reminiscing about a time I was playing on the road outside

my house and got hit by a car, my fault entirely and I got a whack from my dad for

being a t*t.

The kid got 500 baht, the parents got a whole load more for "medical expenses" so

no one suffered except for the driver who was clearly not paying attention and deserves

to shell out.

Misunderstanding...I see your point thx!

9 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Ever been a passenger in a car with two, or more women? hahaha

BTW. What's up with the 'hospital bills'? should be 30 baht if they're Thai.

I wouldn't want to be relying on only the 30 bht card as it only covers the most basic of treatments.

Whatever she was doing she was obviously not paying attention. But the same could be said of 90% of Thai drivers.  To hand the kid  money and then just leave is also typical Thai behavior.  Money fixes everything no need to get the kid to an emergency room to make sure he is ok.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

How in the hell did the woman driving the car NOT see him? 

'Mafia' windows (totally illegal but they are everywhere now), yakking with her mates, playing with the telephone, picking her nose.............. and all around just stupid. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

My guess the woman was soooo short she could not see over the dashboard. 

That's possible. Once, my car was hit by a reversing MPV driven by a short lady. She said she couldn't see my car. I had a look at her seat - she was seating on top of a padded cushion.

13 hours ago, shy coconut said:

I ran out in front of a car outside my house back in the late 60's

similar impact and result, except I didn't get any money , but 

I did get a clout from my old man.

He didn't run out, that's completely different. He's stood/playing in the road of a residential area where kids should be allowed to play without fear of morons in cars/bikes

As a driver, you should always be aware of your surroundings; especially in a housing estate where there’s a reason you have to drive slowly. 

Someone could deliberately run out in front of you car and get hit - it doesn’t matter. You’re responsible for making sure that person gets help. The rest will work itself out later. 

Hitting a child in this manner and doing what this driver did is just abhorrent. 

19 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Ever been a passenger in a car with two, or more women? hahaha

BTW. What's up with the 'hospital bills'? should be 30 baht if they're Thai.

Things like meds, xrays and blood tests cost extra even For registered Thais

19 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

How in the hell did the woman driving the car NOT see him? 

For many reasons;
The medical visit before taking the permit is a joke; moreover, we see only a doctor of general medicine, not an ophthalmologist;
The lady's smartphone was certainly more important than watching the road;
and then she must be one of those people who can't brake properly and use the left foot for that.
We can see very well on the video that she brakes only in contact with the child;
and lately, she is driving far too fast in the subdivision.

17 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Surely kids are able to play outside their houses without fear of being mowed down by some  mindless airhead

Not  on a  freaking road  NO. What the hell is wrong with the world today when you cant see that kids  playing on a  road could possibly be a scenario for death or  injury......... gardens, parks are for  playing or maybe we should  all drive cars through those . No Garden or  park TOUGH even condos  have a play area.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Not  on a  freaking road  NO. What the hell is wrong with the world today when you cant see that kids  playing on a  road could possibly be a scenario for death or  injury......... gardens, parks are for  playing or maybe we should  all drive cars through those . No Garden or  park TOUGH even condos  have a play area.

It's a residential estate, how difficult is that to comprehend??, the speed limit should be 5mph. 

Kids have been playing in streets across the world for decades without problems

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

It's a residential estate, how difficult is that to comprehend??, the speed limit should be 5mph. 

Kids have been playing in streets across the world for decades without problems

Thats nonsense kids  playing in streets  regularly get mown  down worldwide, they are for vehicles, how difficult is it  to comprehend, playgrounds and gardens are for  kids...............  Ive  no idea , like you, what the speed  limit is  in that  moobahn gated or  not its a road. In more civilised countries of course there are "sidewalks/pavements" where its  MUCH safer

Edited by Chazar
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Selatan said:

That's possible. Once, my car was hit by a reversing MPV driven by a short lady. She said she couldn't see my car. I had a look at her seat - she was seating on top of a padded cushion.

Yeah actually I wasn't joking. The cars and trucks here have high rice front ends as well.

22 hours ago, Chazar said:

Why the hell are parent s letting their  kids  play in a  road, great parenting.

Because there's no other convenient open space right near the home.  No big yards or playgrounds.  In the USA, my 3 different houses had yards of about 1 to 2 Rai for them to run around in.  Children, like other little animals, need space.

38 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Would you let your kids  play in a  road  unsupervised?

Never did, because it was unnecessary, not that I didn't teach them.  But in Thailand, it's often like their front yard, sad to say.  Used to be they could play there. But nowadays, unqualified idiots drive around on motorbikes and cars that they can't control.

Edit:  Come to think of it, I did let my older "boy" play in the road one time.  He wasn't unsupervised, as he was with a USMC patrol convoy in Iraq.  His truck caught a rocket propelled grenade, and that was that. 

Edited by Damrongsak