UK election result 'blew away' argument for second Brexit vote: Labour's Starmer

webfact

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

No idea whether he is guilty or not - and in any case it would be inappropriate to comment at this stage.

Craig Murray, former diplomat and ardent nationalist comments:

"The Salmond Affair indeed stinks to high heaven and no aspect of it stinks more than the role in steering the affair, throughout, of Liz Lloyd, Nicola Sturgeon’s Chief of Staff. Lloyd is also known to be personally friendly with David Clegg of the Daily Record who published what were claimed to be leaked details of one of the “allegations” against Salmond."

Clearly there is much more to come out on SNP dirty in fighting and I am not sure it will be to the benefit of Sturgeon.

So the answer to my question is no. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Now, the perfect opportunity for us all to show where our true loyalties lie - anyone planning to 'bung a bob for a Big Ben bong'? 

Johnson proposes crowdfunding to allow Big Ben to bong for Brexit

Watch the true Dunkirk spirit come out with the Brexiteers over this.

"Lets ring big Ben just like we did on VE day! What I have to pay for it? Oh I had no idea it would be like this I refuse to pay."

????????????????????????????

55 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

"Lets ring big Ben just like we did on VE day! What I have to pay for it? Oh I had no idea it would be like this I refuse to pay."

I cannot see Boris & Co allowing this last act of defiance by the Parliamentary estate.

Wait+

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

There will be no problem raising 500k for this it’s chump change. 

17.4 million people. Most of them hard working people that are ecstatic they’ve beaten the establishment.

The 500k is a myth anyway it’s the London elite being sore losers again. It rang 2 weeks ago. 

if the bitter remainers need a crumb we can throw you 500k but it’s time to shut the feckkkk up.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

17.4 million people. Most of them hard working people that are ecstatic they’ve beaten the establishment.

The 500k is a myth anyway it’s the London elite being sore losers again. It rang 2 weeks ago. 

if the bitter remainers need a crumb we can throw you 500k but it’s time to shut the feckkkk up.

So what was the pm referring to on his interview? Not another lie, surely? He suggested a crowd funder for a new clapper - is he trying to dupe the gullible? I guess he has a lot of form there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

I cannot see Boris & Co allowing this last act of defiance by the Parliamentary estate.

Wait+

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Put yer hand in your pocket then guys ????

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

The man who hides in a fridge is a great leader?

Hilarious.

He just happened to be in the wrong House ,  at the wrong time .

Ouch , i bet his barrister ex wife , screwed his nuts ,, big time ..

However that said , he is now on a sweet earner , from UK taxpayers , for at least five years ..

Edited by elliss

If D-day was the last day when UK was able to convince her colonies to fight for her (and let her to take the credit for the job well done). Then letting the Big Ben Bong, will be the final end of that era.

It's now all over. All done. It's time to move on and see what the future brings.

Clean sheet for the future. No past, no preset and no future. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

The future will bring a year of trying to get a good deal from the EU.

Brexit has just begun, and the idiot Johnson has deliberately limited the time frame under which such a deal can be achieved.

Roll on an extension after another dead in a ditch speech or a reversion to WTO rules.

In which case, God help the UK.

Doubt there will be extensions nor any kind of comprehensive deals. I guess everybody agrees that getting a comprehensive trade and other co-operations deal, is unrealistic in one years time frame. 

There will be some barebone deal, where UK is further away from the EU than Turkey, Ukraine etc. At least the planes will be able to fly across these two entities and people will most likely enjoy visa-free travel. 

8 hours ago, evadgib said:

Still the real bell though, innit?

You can play a recording of Winston Churchill and the Rolling Stones over those same speakers but you cant claim they were actually there.

Its either pay up for the real thing or fake it.

My money is on the Brexiteers faking it.

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You can play a recording of Winston Churchill and the Rolling Stones over those same speakers but you cant claim they were actually there.

There won't be anything fake about the celebration and none that are there or listening worldwide will care either way.

You lost! ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Obviously it would be better if the bongs are real, it would be a bit embarrassing having to explain Big Ben "doesn't work" to the rest of the world as they watch the huge celebrations.

The Remainers have caused enough embarrassment to the nation's Democracy with their bitter refusal to accept the result of the referendum, but if it has to be bogus blaring Big Ben bongs then it won't stop the party atmosphere, it will simply be an amusing reminder of the Remainers continued saltiness :violin:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Obviously it would be better if the bongs are real, it would be a bit embarrassing having to explain Big Ben "doesn't work" to the rest of the world as they watch the huge celebrations.

The Remainers have caused enough embarrassment to the nation's Democracy with their bitter refusal to accept the result of the referendum, but if it has to be bogus blaring Big Ben bongs then it won't stop the party atmosphere, it will simply be an amusing reminder of the Remainers continued saltiness :violin:.

You won. Get over it.

Now you have no excuses. Of course you could always pay towards the crowd funder liar Johnson mentioned and get the real thing.

22 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah explaining to the world that just like the vote leave campaign the bells are fake.

You won. Now get on with it.

The battle of Brexit is over. The battle of Scottish independence has begun. 

The threat of such folly will diminish the longer UK (all of it) thrives.

This thread is dead.

+

Edited by evadgib