U.S. Senate rejects Democratic bid for documents in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

2 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

You wouldn't be referring to the Biden Bragged-about Billion-Dollar Blackmail would you?

Let's see; you posted " The Senate voted to NOT allow documents and witnesses ", and I posted "Ignorance prevails."  

Do you have reading comprehension problems?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

I base that on what the President and Foreign Minister of Ukraine have stated publicly in their own statements. I am not claiming to read anyone's mind. I appreciate the fact that you have come around and are attempting to use my comment as an argument against mind reading. Are we in agreement now?

And just in today  straight from Ukraine:

https://www.president.gov.ua/en/news/prezident-ukrayini-zustrivsya-z-derzhavnim-sekretarem-ssha-59517

I explained repeatedly that Zelensky could not offend Trump because Ukraine's future existence is at stake and dependent on US support, and you demonstrate that you don't understand.

Rather pointless carrying on, you are ineducable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

your testimony is pure speculation and relies on the listener to hold you in the same regard

as some sort of divine omniscient force....which you clearly aren't.

Move on, it's over.

"divine omniscient force"?  No, I'm asking people to accept that statements made under duress can't be assumed to be truthful.  Clearly that is too much for some people.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Yeah, I am USN Ret and understand budgeting clearly, who are you? One more time, the aid hold up did NOT have any effect on current operations in Ukraine. That means your "what ifs" do not matter. The facts of your possible maybes are overcome by events, or did you miss the aid release?

Yes, I recall you stating you are retired USN, which is why I was surprised that you didn't realize the significance of a delay on appropriated aid that extended well into September.  Zelensky knew that aid was at risk of being lost.

Once again, Zelensky was concerned with more than current operations, he was thinking about the future. 

Did you miss that the aid was not released until after the whistleblower story and hold-up of the aid became public knowledge?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

"divine omniscient force"?  No, I'm asking people to accept that statements made under duress can't be assumed to be truthful.  Clearly that is too much for some people.

We have all read the transcript.

Forgive me for being one who simply sees no evidence of this duress. I have read the transcript, witnessed both President's discussing the call, watched witnesses of the call give testimony.

This idea of duress is a supposition made to backfit into a narrative.

What if immediately following the call, or even once the whistleblowers complaint went public, Zelensky immediately went public and immediately claimed he was indeed under Duress?

Many in both countries would have doubted him wouldnt they? Why? Because he would be saying that his behavior on a call with the President of the United States was not truthful, and that in his subsequent characterizations he was lying. It would also be brought up that in subsequent meetings between high level officials no claims of duress were brought up, or claimed.

How could Zelensky explain such behavior, acting "happy" while under duress? You are asking me, and everyone here that your theory, that President Z, and his high level Ministers have partisipated in an elaborate lie to hide their true feelings of Duress.

You also must have me believe that despite no malice apparent in the call transcript, that Trump was behaving malevelently in plain sight of everyone. Another acting show.

If I do not accept these suppositions of yours, based on a general notion of how people behave under duress, despite no evidence of duress, you claim something is wrong with my reasoning. I doubt YOUR suppositions which conflict with the evidence, and you fault MY logic? 

Edited by WalkingOrders
Insert word
  • Like 1