Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

Racist, disgusting individual...

Whete was his mask? The Idiot!

Westerners have financially supported Thai for decades, unlike other Asian nations!

Thai forget the many past events they received aid from Western nations plus nationals.

Did China assist Thailand during WW2 after Thailand sided with Axis, but in true Thai fickle mind-set style changed their narrow minds seeking assistance from the very nations Thai declared war against, Western nations!

China did nothing!!!!!

Typical Thai, two faced!

Racism plus violence are growing trends aimed at Westerners by most Thai within the land of frowns.

More egg on Thai faces, fist the racist remark by a high rankimg Thai government official then a Thai soldier murdering his own kind in Korat.

Land or Paradise..

Edited by Sonhia
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Is this the man who denied drug conviction and imprisonment in Australia.

The Australians provided his records (allegedly) and Prayut makes him the minister of Health and says oh only another country, so does not matter about what you do overseas???

He would not be able to visit America or some other countries with a drug dealers conviction.

So why is he a minister at all????

No, that is another guy, the Dept. Minister for Agrigulture, Thammanat Phrompow.

39 minutes ago, sletraveler said:

US says too many stupid people wearing maps unnecessarily and therefore creating a shortage for those that actually need them.  Like healthcare workers.

Going to swampy this week and I guess I should don my swimming mask, hood, and breather.  Or maybe nothing at all.

Don't mean to be a dick, but on threads calling people stupid, probably helps to get the key words correct - "maps"....spellcheck is designed to make you look pretty silly.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:25 PM, Throatwobbler said:

Openly showing what this government thinks of us. 

You know, he might have a point.  All of us farangs should "voluntarily" leave Thailand, and not come back for a minimum of 2 years, and of course, we obviously take ALL of our money with us.

I'm sure the Thai economy being the world envy that it is, will continue it's prosperous ways...

Maybe he should shutup....and put his little mask back on!

Edited by JMSIII
change
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

IMO coronavirus is big OVERreaction. 

NOBODY die in thailand. 

Everyone panic. For what? 

More people have flu. More people die flu. 

* maybe I wrong. IMO

YOU should use your phone to do some research on the subject instead making yourself look foolish here...????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

The word farang is from Persian word farang (فرنگ) or farangī (فرنگی), refers to Franks, the major Germanic tribe ruling Western Europe. Frangistan (Persian: فرنگستان‎) was a term used by Muslims and Persians in particular, during the Middle Ages and later periods, to refer to Western or Latin Europe. According to Rashid al-din Fazl Allâh, farang comes from the Arabic word afranj. In Ethiopia faranj means white/European people. During the Muslim Mughal Empire when the Europeans arrived in South Asia, the Persian word Farang was used to refer to them since the Muslims knew the Europeans during their Crusades wars in the Middle East. The words also added to local languages such as Hindi and Nepali as firangi (Devanāgarī: फिरंगी) and Bengali as firingi. The word was pronounced paranki (പറങ്കി) in Malayalam, parangiar in Tamil, entered Khmer as barang, and Malay as ferenggi. From there the term spread into China as folangji (佛郎機), which was used to refer to the Portuguese and their breech-loading swivel guns when they first arrived in China.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang?wprov=sfla1

I await your apology for being incorrect.

What is there to apologise for?

You said a word similar to farang is used in countries like Malaysia and Indonesia .

14 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

No need, I have studied and known the origin of the word for over 30 years. 

A similar word is used in Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia and other countries.

All from the same origin.

I corrected you. They don’t use this word in those 2 countries. In fact, most have never heard of this word unless they have learnt it from Thailand. I have told you the term they use to describe a white person - Mat Salleh, Gweilo, bule. 

And I don’t need your apology. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sletraveler said:

US says too many stupid people wearing maps unnecessarily and therefore creating a shortage for those that actually need them.  Like healthcare workers.

Going to swampy this week and I guess I should don my swimming mask, hood, and breather.  Or maybe nothing at all.

These masks would probably work better (than nothing at all) with Bangkok pollution. I have one friend who absolutely refuses to wear a mask in Bangkok. He says: "If I were smart, I wouldn't be here.". :stoner:

I wear the TG-50SV dust/fume mask available at HomePro for 119 baht and online at several websites. Comes with spare filter and its filter can be easily augmented. I've seen it advertised as an N95 with particulate stoppage down to .3 microns (although hard to believe - I augment with 3M N95 PM2.5 filter material obtained from a 35 baht 3M disposable mask - just in case):

TG-50sv_mask.jpeg.a5213de0860477b8faf7622a86d43c23.jpeg

If you want to get price-gouged you can buy it from SIRA Safety for 390 baht (more than 3X HomePro's price) HERE.

Edited by MaxYakov

1 hour ago, JMSIII said:

You know, he might have a point.  All of us farangs should "voluntarily" leave Thailand, and not come back for a minimum of 2 years, and of course, we obviously take ALL of our money with us.

I'm sure the Thai economy being the world envy that it is, will continue it's prosperous ways...

And that should include removing all the foreign investment in manufacturing for exports.  As well as the foreign engineers who are required for the advanced projects such as skytrains, subways and bridges. Then the Thai economy can prosper with all it has left - rice and girls for exports .

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, graemeaylward said:

image.png.78e3f4c44a4017ed7754f1fb786e4d2b.png 

I think that I would prefer to follow advice from medical experts such as the World Health Organisation rather than this ignorant little man

The WHO doesn't make sense. They say the make is for caretaking an infected person or similar. they also said that there's NO evidence that the mask protects. So why where it? viruses (and bacterias) are almost as small as PM2.5, so a hospital mask wont work. You have two jet streams of contaminated air flowing under the bask into the side of your mouth. Best to use a pollution mask because they form a 360 degree seal around your mouth and, therefore, are used for purification. Secondly, "general public"? So being in a crowded city area or on the BTS is where infected and non-infected general public are but the mask isn't needed? Loads of people cough without covering their mouth. So we should just inhale their mystery virus? Sounds like roulette game of "What's that virus?" Is it common cold or Conora? What do you think of the WTO's contradicitons? 

• Sad 1

This is a world issue not an ethnicity/race/color/etc. 

I have been in and around here (not a tourists) and while he speaks about eastern people the same can be said about their own people as I see many not wearing or taking concern about these issues. When me and the wife go out I notice many people look at us wearing masks outside like their is something wrong. So, the issue starts with awareness and educating the public. There has been countless mis-information on social media and main stream news mainly caused by the west. Kicking out people from a country solves nothing.

36 minutes ago, LetsCleanUpTHAILAND said:

The WHO doesn't make sense. They say the make is for caretaking an infected person or similar. they also said that there's NO evidence that the mask protects. So why where it? viruses (and bacterias) are almost as small as PM2.5, so a hospital mask wont work. You have two jet streams of contaminated air flowing under the bask into the side of your mouth. Best to use a pollution mask because they form a 360 degree seal around your mouth and, therefore, are used for purification. Secondly, "general public"? So being in a crowded city area or on the BTS is where infected and non-infected general public are but the mask isn't needed? Loads of people cough without covering their mouth. So we should just inhale their mystery virus? Sounds like roulette game of "What's that virus?" Is it common cold or Conora? What do you think of the WTO's contradicitons? 

If you're in close contact for extended periods, i.e. caring for a sick patient in a room, then wearing a mask along with other precautions should be taken. Also any 'germs/bacteria' you have will not be transmitted to an already sick person whose immunity is probably low. It's also said that a sick person with a respiratory illness will already have difficulty breathing and a mask would cause them extreme discomfort and could exacerbate the symptoms. These are not people that are wandering about in public. But the mask used alone will not protect you.

It does make sense.