British prisoner ‘collapses in cell’ with suspected coronavirus after ‘returning from Thai jail’

webfact

10 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

They need to, 3 times the prison population of the UK.

many violent or dangerous offenders in jail in Thailand, though. many at risk to re-offend as well, especially burglars, meth heads and rapists. 

Because the Thai prisons are overcrowded. Thailand does not care about international human rights.

Thailand should be brought to the International Crime Court in Den Haag, because the prisoners are tortured

in different ways. Each inmate has less space than half a sqm. No wonder that they get easy infected.

Thailand must build more prisons, or just speed up the deportation process.

Thailand must treat the prisoners as human and not same animals.

There might will be some international lawsuits in the future. The truth can not be hidden forever.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smedly said:

OMG, what is Thailand not telling

Sadly, Thailand is lying through its teeth, there more likely thousand infected, who are told they have "flu"!! 

Lets face it, its about face and Thailand will not admit it!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Which seems to suggest that in Thailand there's a lack of checking / screening somewhere in the check-in / boarding etc., processes.

Sadly, checking / screening is of absolutely no use. 

The incubation period is up to 24 days and will spread even without symptoms. 

There's only one way to minimize spreading it and that's to close borders and for people to minimize their contact with each other. 

Virus isn't racist or judgemental so who gets is just having bad "Joss", as James Clavell wrote in one of his books. 

It's very important to remember that so far, not many have contracted the virus in Thailand or neighbouring states but it could become a tourism killer germ if we over exaggerate the present effect from the virus.

That's something many westerners and whatnot (farrangs) would love for to happen, I know I relish somewhat that Thais are now scared <deleted>less because of this and what it might bring down upon them, in terms of revenue loss, not from the virus itself but more the arrogance they've collected over the years about their self deluded supremacy. 

But there's another dimension to this situation for tourism dependant countries like Thailand, the people getting worst hit, if it brings down the tourism industry to its knees, aren't the ones who deserve it, it will affect the people we (farrangs) love the most, Thailand's women and for some others, the ladyboys, gays and their families not counting the rest of the male population. 

It won't only affect the "love" industry, it will affect each and everyone directly or indirectly, like I said the fear and over exaggeration of the virus is by far the worst player in this game. 

Please do remember that in China, "only" 3% of the virus infected people have died. True it's a staggering 3% but apparently 97% survives. 

If that 3% would be 20% and over, at least I would be slightly concerned but the world (Africa mostly) have been hit by viruses like Ebola before and we're still here. 

So please all, take precautions, like you would with Dengue but don't over exaggerate this just yet.

In my mind, the human race will be extinct at one point or another from a virus not yet known to man but it's just evolution and we might not have a place in that future, only time will tell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KamalaRider said:

Sadly, checking / screening is of absolutely no use. 

The incubation period is up to 24 days and will spread even without symptoms. 

There's only one way to minimize spreading it and that's to close borders and for people to minimize their contact with each other. 

Virus isn't racist or judgemental so who gets is just having bad "Joss", as James Clavell wrote in one of his books. 

It's very important to remember that so far, not many have contracted the virus in Thailand or neighbouring states but it could become a tourism killer germ if we over exaggerate the present effect from the virus.

That's something many westerners and whatnot (farrangs) would love for to happen, I know I relish somewhat that Thais are now scared <deleted>less because of this and what it might bring down upon them, in terms of revenue loss, not from the virus itself but more the arrogance they've collected over the years about their self deluded supremacy. 

But there's another dimension to this situation for tourism dependant countries like Thailand, the people getting worst hit, if it brings down the tourism industry to its knees, aren't the ones who deserve it, it will affect the people we (farrangs) love the most, Thailand's women and for some others, the ladyboys, gays and their families not counting the rest of the male population. 

It won't only affect the "love" industry, it will affect each and everyone directly or indirectly, like I said the fear and over exaggeration of the virus is by far the worst player in this game. 

Please do remember that in China, "only" 3% of the virus infected people have died. True it's a staggering 3% but apparently 97% survives. 

If that 3% would be 20% and over, at least I would be slightly concerned but the world (Africa mostly) have been hit by viruses like Ebola before and we're still here. 

So please all, take precautions, like you would with Dengue but don't over exaggerate this just yet.

In my mind, the human race will be extinct at one point or another from a virus not yet known to man but it's just evolution and we might not have a place in that future, only time will tell. 

You're the life and soul of the party

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"if he caught it in the Bangkok Hilton I would be very concerned about going round bkk now"

You do know that "the Bangkok Hilton" is a prison that keeps all it's inmates inside?  They're not allowed to wander around Bangkok!

I heard that they let the staff out every day.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

"if he caught it in the Bangkok Hilton I would be very concerned about going round bkk now"

You do know that "the Bangkok Hilton" is a prison that keeps all it's inmates inside?  They're not allowed to wander around Bangkok!

Hospital staff are also allowed out every day when they've finished work, what's your point?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I went to an "open day" (really) at Bang Kwang prison over fifteen years ago. There was a bus trip organised from Pattaya.

On the way, we were told that security measures were very strict. No mobile phones could be taken in, everyone would be searched before entering and when leaving.

The reality? No checking whatsoever, a load of people had their mobiles in their pocket. A couple of people even used them inside.

There was a series of Thai boxing matches organised in the prison which were televised live.

The only security measure in place was to stamp the back of the hand of every person visiting.

We were allowed to wander around unsupervised and talk to prisoners and go into their cells.

When we came to leave, the only check was a cursory glance at the stamp on our hand. One of the visitors was from Mauritius and very dark-skinned. He was the only person who had his hand closely examined by the guards.

An interesting day.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A post with unattributed content and a reply has been removed as a screenshot of a site is not a valid link to the source of information. 

A post with a video from an unapproved YouTube source and a reply has been removed. 

Some other off topic posts, troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

the news is on BBC channel

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/12/drug-dealer-centre-prison-coronavirus-scare-came-thai-jail-12224620/

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/12/coronavirus-could-kill-45000000-and-infect-60-per-cent-of-global-population-12225048/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7994665/Killer-coronavirus-poses-greater-global-threat-terrorism-World-Health-Organisation-warns.html

14 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Outbreak of Covid-19 in a Thai prison will condemn the prison population and guards to infection and death. Considering the number of inmates with TB, HIV and other ailments, a large number will die.

i am sad to agree ... most of the deaths were complicated by other illnesses ....   ..

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What precautions are they taking in jail? if any or dont you know yet?

I didn't know earlier, but my friend's wife visited him in jail today and the warden told her the prisoners had all been given what I assume is flu vaccine as a precaution. This is in a provincial medium to long term prison on the outskirts of Bangkok. No white falang prisoners.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, it's not, Bang Kwang is referred to as the Bangkok Hilton  by some.

Yes that's true but other prisons (e.g. Klong Prem) are also sometimes referred to by the same name.

The name originally comes from a 1980's miniseries by the same name about a foreign woman imprisoned in Thailand and Bang Kwang is a men's prison. That's why I say it is fictional.

17 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Yes that's true but other prisons (e.g. Klong Prem) are also sometimes referred to by the same name.

The name originally comes from a 1980's miniseries by the same name about a foreign woman imprisoned in Thailand and Bang Kwang is a men's prison. That's why I say it is fictional.

Bang Kwang is the Bangkok Hilton.

Khlong Prem is the Big Tiger.

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

PRISON LOCKDOWN 

Coronavirus UK: ‘Drug-dealing kingpin’ extradited from Thailand at centre of suspected outbreak at high-security jail

AN alleged drug-dealing kingpin is at the centre of a suspected corona-virus outbreak at a high-security jail.

Mark Rumble, 31, arrived back in the UK on January 27 after being extradited from Thailand to face charges of conspiracy to supply class A drugs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/10942974/coronavirus-drug-dealer-prisoner-uk-jail-outbreak/

Wonder what it cost for his Get out of Thai jail fee?

14 hours ago, baruto said:

I just read an article explicitly stating that two UK prisoners test positive after showing flu-like symptoms. 

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-in-the-uk-prisoners-test-positive-hmp-bullingdon-oxfordshire-1474438?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Its not confirmed yet that they have Corona,maybe later today they will know .

Do we have any confirmed reports he tested positive?  I do not trust The Sun as a reliable source.  Somehow I think this is fake news. 

Edited by balo