British prisoner ‘collapses in cell’ with suspected coronavirus after ‘returning from Thai jail’

webfact

14 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Incorrect. Big tiger is Klong Prem.

I had no idea and just looked it up:-

Bang Kwang Central Prison: Located 11 km north of Bangkok in Nonthaburi province. Nicknamed the ‘Big Tiger’ reputedly due to its ability to eat men alive, the prison contains over 4,000 inmates. The prison is the seat of Thailand’s execution chamber and death row. Bang Kwang has a reputation for its harsh conditions. All inmates are required to wear leg shackles for the first 3 months of their sentence.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2017/12/06/more-foreign-criminals-in-thai-prison-but-is-conflicting-reports-on-harsh-conditions/

5 minutes ago, balo said:

Do we have any confirmed reports he tested positive?  I do not trust The Sun as a reliable source.  Somehow I think this is fake news. 

How fake news?

The article reads.
"A PRISON has been placed on lockdown today after an inmate collapsed in his cell with suspected coronavirus after returning from a Thai jail."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:16 AM, soalbundy said:

you mean a viral infection with a 1% mortality rate ? dark and scary?

1% mortality rate based on what if I may ask?

As of now nearly 20% of all the people that are no longer sick do not live to tell the tale. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Not saying the fatality rate is going to end up at 20%, it'll probably end up lower, but 1% is nothing more than guesses from 'experts' living on the safe side of the planet. Let's wait with claims like these until after the pandemic has been resolved. 

This CV is a close cousin to SARS and MERS, neither of which were anywere close to 1% fatality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GeoMill said:

1% mortality rate based on what if I may ask?

As of now nearly 20% of all the people that are no longer sick do not live to tell the tale. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Not saying the fatality rate is going to end up at 20%, it'll probably end up lower, but 1% is nothing more than guesses from 'experts' living on the safe side of the planet. Let's wait with claims like these until after the pandemic has been resolved. 

This CV is a close cousin to SARS and MERS, neither of which were anywere close to 1% fatality. 

You need to read those figures again, 18% was how many had died of the virus of those closed cases. Infected are 60,376 and of those, 1369 have died. An infection starts, you live, you live and then you either die or continue to live, either way an infected may be cleared early on or as a precaution, still considered to have it for a period of time. According to my calculations, the percentage for dying is closer to 2.3%, which is a very high percentage in my view.

• Like 1

don't know if people have seen this: UPDATE: Neither Mark Rumble nor another suspect deported to the UK have the Covid-19 coronavirus, The Daily Mail reports: “Two British prisoners including a ‘drug dealer’ who were sent home from Thailand do not have coronavirus, tests have confirmed.” update on top of daily mail article and from Thaiger website. I see @Anto mentioned it just above.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, ChipButty said:

PRISON LOCKDOWN 

Coronavirus UK: ‘Drug-dealing kingpin’ extradited from Thailand at centre of suspected outbreak at high-security jail

AN alleged drug-dealing kingpin is at the centre of a suspected corona-virus outbreak at a high-security jail.

Mark Rumble, 31, arrived back in the UK on January 27 after being extradited from Thailand to face charges of conspiracy to supply class A drugs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/10942974/coronavirus-drug-dealer-prisoner-uk-jail-outbreak/

So he is the cause of the rumble in the jungle?

On 2/12/2020 at 5:22 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

AMAZING.

i've heard rumors about a corona outbreak in bangkok prison, but

did not want to post it here from fear of being accused of spreading fake news.

this case proves how dangerous is the situation in thailand, and how dangerous it is

to hide the truth.

a pandemic breakout in jail is the nightmare of any country.

God help us all.

God help thailand.

i am not trying to be dramatic here.

something huge, dark and scary is walking behind the scenes.

So now you come into Thailand and are refused entry so your thrown in to a holding cell and you contract corona virus so do you sue them the Thai government  or your own government who do nothing and you bring the virus back to your own country. Let's see where this goes right? 

On 2/12/2020 at 7:29 AM, bkkcanuck8 said:

Actually I think a more reasonable estimate of the mortality rate (once the <deleted> hits the fan) is 3%ish when you adjust the confirmed cases to match confirmed deaths and subtract those that would not have been serious enough to be counted.   Once you have a flood of cases the ability to provide oxygen to severe cases will be problematic since there would likely not be enough supply.

I was quoting WHO