Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

webfact

41 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

It is normal circumstances not for him to carry his passport around with him so it could not be presented in a minute as you say. Yes, It is crucial but he still does not have to carry his passport with him. His passport could be in his home an hour away. You do not know where his passport is and even in unusual circumstances Thai's do not have to carry their passports around in their own country, so the only thing that could be done was to request him to return with his passport but that would release him out in the public again

Clearly your a farang with a passport. Most Thai don't even possess one. BTW Google % USA folk have a pp. You will be surprised. 

Anyway back to thread. Unless he declares his travel movements, no way of requesting anything. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

It is normal circumstances not for him to carry his passport around with him so it could not be presented in a minute as you say. Yes, It is crucial but he still does not have to carry his passport with him. His passport could be in his home an hour away. You do not know where his passport is and even in unusual circumstances Thai's do not have to carry their passports around in their own country, so the only thing that could be done was to request him to return with his passport but that would release him out in the public again

Don't get me wrong, he should have been upfront about where he had been and saved everyone a lot of hassle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly your a farang with a passport. Most Thai don't even possess one. BTW Google % USA folk have a pp. You will be surprised. 

Anyway back to thread. Unless he declares his travel movements, no way of requesting anything. 

Agree he should have been honest about his movements. And yes, I am a farang with a passport, but he also must have had one otherwise he couldn't have travelled to Japan. But anyway. Point is, his refusal to cooperate initially has created risk of infection for many people. I'm a teacher and I know only too well what fertile soil a school is for the spreading of diseases.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Asking a Thai to follow rules is a complete waste of time in lawless Thailand.

Absolutely true - and bone idle to boot. Logical? Normal thinking? Drowned-out by a foggy, deep-set malaise, lethargy, idiosyncratic to the point of........ and a sunny belief in all things karmic, which will resolve everything. In a word. Ignorance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

do all these thais have to pay their hospital bill, as i was just told that my local bar, all the girls paid 150 baht each for insurance to cover hospital bills (just in case) seems legit as they had to show id and sign some paper

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can't be serious. 

Very likely true. I was in the Krungsri bank this afternoon and was offered that very thing.                            4 plans with premiums priced at 150, 250, 450 and 850 baht per annum. Medical expenses from Coronavirus (2019-nCov) Sum insured 10k, 50k, 50k and 100k respectively. Illness or critical illness caused by Coronavirus infection 100k, 100k, 500k and 1,000,000 baht respectively including death benefit. I asked how I would spend a million baht if I was dead. They got the joke. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One can only hope these is not a big cover up going on. That would destroy what little credibility Thailand has remaining on the world stage. So far, it appears that Thailand has dodged the bullet, as implausible as that may seem with their stubborn dependence on Chinese tourism. 

Should be quite fascinating to see how this shakes out. 

no cover up.

99% of cases of wuflu have been diligently shipped out of the country, so the statistics don't move.

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Another in Spain and another in Algeria. The Spain case also came from Italy.

Has to be declared a pandemic now.

And one in Brazil.  So six continents now.

Condo prices in Antarctica are skyrocketing.

• Haha 2

Hi guys,

after silently reading along here for 2 years, this is my 1st post:

Yesterday I talked to a Thai Virologist. Being a Ferrang, I asked him straight:
"Do you and your med. colleagues believe the C. Virus numbers reported in TH?"

The answer was:    "Yes  -  BUT ....".

The 'BUT' was explained as follows:

1. Many potential cases are either not or only very slowly tested.
2. The testing that is done is often (not always) superficial. A 100% conclusive C. Virus testing may require up to (max) 8 times testing. This is or anything close is not done here.  

3. Things will change in the near future, scapegoats will be found.

Hence, the Conora Virus numbers reported in TH are correct      - BUT -   
You can't report what you don't find .....  ???? 
  • Like 1

People have been testing for Corona virus for years.

Testing for Covid 19 has been only been going on since late Dec' early Jan'.

Edit.

Spanish Flu Virus image.

It's got a 'corons' ( crown ) hence even spanish flu was a corona virus.

be4efd53-3c67-46e3-9049-4a8aa42896a6-ls2418_1_virus-1_gi_521205131.jpg

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Ex-wife and daughter had to reschedule flights from the US to go through Heathrow to BKK, instead of through Incheon due to the Korean Air Stewardess being infected by COVID 19, as well as Korean Air shutting down flights and their offices in Incheon.  They have apparently disinfected the plane, but who knows how many this has infected and where those folks are now.  Additionally, I saw on the news where the Thai government is trying to connect with all of the passengers from Mr. "I did not travel" flight from Japan to Thailand.  This is so much like the movie "Outbreak", I am starting to wonder what the numbers really are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chopinbkk said:

Hi guys,

after silently reading along here for 2 years, this is my 1st post:

Yesterday I talked to a Thai Virologist. Being a Ferrang, I asked him straight:
"Do you and your med. colleagues believe the C. Virus numbers reported in TH?"

The answer was:    "Yes  -  BUT ....".

The 'BUT' was explained as follows:

1. Many potential cases are either not or only very slowly tested.
2. The testing that is done is often (not always) superficial. A 100% conclusive C. Virus testing may require up to (max) 8 times testing. This is or anything close is not done here.  

3. Things will change in the near future, scapegoats will be found.

Hence, the Conora Virus numbers reported in TH are correct      - BUT -   
You can't report what you don't find .....  ???? 

That sounds believable to me, they'd rather observe potential cases rather than test unless they become critical, that way it keeps the count down. On Sky News yesterday the UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock said that every UK hospital A&E (accident and emergency) Dept can test for Coranavirus and they have even started rolling out home test kits. 

Me think real totals in Thailand or like the real totals of the road accidents they only report the ones that died at the scene of the ones that died in the ambulance or in the hospital so as far as numbers and reporting who would believe it there it’s a joke TIT

PLEASE, use your gut instinct.  We all know this could spread around the world.  We all know we must be extremely smart about this.  If possible, get food for three months and chill.  What's three months of your life?  Wash your hands, wash everything.  

Thailand might be a hard place to administer tests to the millions of people living in and around big cities.  as well as in the farms.  But they would if they could.  

If your gut instinct says go hang out with 10,000 Chinese at a hospital, then Darwin had you in mind.  

If meteors are falling from the sky, I don't need to wait until I get a twitter update.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Spanish Flu Virus image.

It's got a 'corons' ( crown ) hence even spanish flu was a corona virus.

This is not correct. Corona viruses are very different from influenza viruses.

CVs are a positive-sense single-stranded RNA

IVs are a negative-sense single-stranded RNA

This is "night and day" different, similar to a photo verses a photographic negative. Their coding  and machinery are different. But many viruses look similar. Here is a real image of Spanish flu. Thanks to the CDC who recreated it.

Smart move, boys. Sheesh.

image.thumb.png.326ba39dea98b57696ac605bc5eb6945.png

7 minutes ago, rabas said:

This is not correct. Corona viruses are very different from influenza viruses.

CVs are a positive-sense single-stranded RNA

IVs are a negative-sense single-stranded RNA

This is "night and day" different, similar to a photo verses a photographic negative. Their coding  and machinery are different. But many viruses look similar. Here is a real image of Spanish flu. Thanks to the CDC who recreated it.

Smart move, boys. Sheesh.

image.thumb.png.326ba39dea98b57696ac605bc5eb6945.png

Got little sticky up bits that look like a crown ( corona  latin  Halo or crown )

That's why they call it a corona type virus. It might bo round oval or whatever shape, but it's got a 'corona'.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

negative pressure rooms separately.

Tell me how that works?  Wouldn't the room sort of blow up like a balloon and then ...? How big can a negative pressure room expand before not being a negative pressure room.

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Tell me how that works?  Wouldn't the room sort of blow up like a balloon and then ...? How big can a negative pressure room expand before not being a negative pressure room.

The quarantine room is at a lower pressure than outside. Hence the term "negative"  Air flow is into the room. Air from the patient in the room is run through a scrubber/HEPA filtration system to clean it.

• Like 1