PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

snoop1130

Wang Qun (Not sure about Qun spelling!) in Phitsanulok province, 7 or 8 kilometres away from here has a Wohan China corona virus sufferer.  Apparently having travelled to Bangkok for a party acquired the virus but was not diagnosed till returning home.  We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J Town said:

Glad to hear only foreigners can transmit the virus.

Just doing what many other countries are doing as well.

EU is closing borders, USA closed border with Canada and won't allow Europeans.

Qatar doesn't let foreign nationals into the country.. and so on.

I am surprised that they are taking the step only now after Thailand allowed Chinese tourists to arrive in January and February.  At this time, the virus is probably established in the country and will be spread by the local population. And china is on their way to open again

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

What does this mean for anyone wanting to fly out of the Kingdom?

is the suvuhmahami airport a border ?? so if i fly into bangkok from international would i not be allowed in  as a foreigner arriving ?  the intelligence of these people making statements who dont make it clear leaves you wondering how they got the job in the 1st place 

9 hours ago, Salerno said:
  • Phase 1: A virus in animals has caused no known infections in humans.
  • Phase 2: An animal flu virus has caused infection in humans.
  • Phase 3: Sporadic cases or small clusters of disease occur in humans. Human-to-human transmission, if any, is insufficient to cause community-level outbreaks.
  • Phase 4: The risk for a pandemic is greatly increased but not certain.
  • Phase 5: Spread of disease between humans is occurring in more than one country of one WHO region.
  • Phase 6: Community-level outbreaks are in at least one additional country in a different WHO region from phase 5. A global pandemic is under way.

Thailand Phase X, dumbos running the country loose total control of the pandemic 

11 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Give it time. Outside of the cities the cases will skyrocket and possibly millions will die. But keep that happy thought.

How do you come to that conclusion? Those outside of the cities are far safer as they aren't mixing with crowds of potential carriers. That's the very reason they are closing everywhere down in the cities. I feel far safer in Nakon Nowhere than I would in Bangkok. I think you've maybe been in Thailand too long and have become infected - with Thai logic ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IMO no-one will be prevented from leaving Thailand, just returning.

I agree, but the logistics of 'turning an incoming airplane' to a 'departure plane' would mean the airlines would have to return to Thailand almost, if not entirely,  empty.  Just more headaches thinking about all this.

4 minutes ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

so this is stage 3........   could someone tell me please what was stage 1 and 2 ?

I think there are five stages here - no not denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance - at least Anutin has mentioend that before.

Anutin, 27 Jan 2020

In line with international practice, Mr. Anutin said that there are five stages in coping with the different degrees of seriousness of the disease.

In the case of Thailand, he said that the coronavirus situation is currently categorized as Stage 1 or 2 adding, however, that measures would be tightened up if the situation turns more serious.

“I can assure you that, for the time being, the situation is under control,” said the minister.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/health-minister-assures-public-that-coronavirus-in-thailand-is-under-control/

I keep thinking something is not right here WW with this virus. Something bothers me. 
Thousands dead WW out of billions?

no something is wrong.

Philippines has taken the rogue action to close their stock market...Italy about to do the same. USA might just follow as big traders are saying close it.

Then bring it back later after this blows over, after we bail out the big banks again.

Governments love crisis ...the USA got the patriot act after 911. 
Trump speaks strangely somewhat incoherent...he does not want to be at that podium.

What do they have on him? Remember Roy Cohn and what he said?

im sexually attracted to Trump ...what grown man would say that? Only one like Cohn.

yes something is not right here. .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

What does this mean for anyone wanting to fly out of the Kingdom?

It means we passed stage 3 after Chinese New Year ... when the reports were that spending and the sunshine at Songkran were the cures .. The the 2000 workers coming back from SKorea went missing... Borders should have been closed then .... Ring a ring of roses... A pocket full of Posies

• Like 2

More than likely Thailand is already at stage 3. I'm already practicing social distancing. You'd be foolish not too. The country just doesn't have the means or ability to make the determination of stage 3 quickly out of shear lack of resources, cost and cultural behavior to sweep problems under the rug. Mark my words.. Just because you don't see any infections being reported in and around Pattaya doesn't mean we are safe. There are more than likely many people that have mild symptoms or who are asymptomatic walking around and standing next to you at the local 7-11. some idiots will call me paranoid but if you really want a good idea of why I'm certain in my claim read this. Very well informed statistician wrote this essay.

https://medium.com/@Jason_Scott_Warner/the-sober-math-everyone-must-understand-about-the-pandemic-2b0145881993

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Hopefully he only means incoming people. Not a lot of point banning people who want to leave unless they are showing signs of infection.

I think where this could become tricky is IF a country starts to ban those who either 1) started their travel in a stage 3 country or even b) transited through a stage 3 country, from entering... then I think we could really see difficulties with foreigners even being able to LEAVE Thailand let alone enter.

sure, a foreign nations HOME country would be unlikely to flat out refuse them (re)entry [but could require some form of quarantine or the like upon return] but I can’t say it’s an improbability for a 3rd country which acts solely as a transit point.

Things continue to become more fraught with peril or potential peril by the day.