Bangkok governor issues 7 strict guidelines for public to tackle Covid-19 spread

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1. People should not travel out of Bangkok because they could be infected during travelling and may spread the disease to especially children and the elderly in other areas.

So out of touch it's laughable...

44 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

Not quite that simple. They were kept at Movhit like cattle

Just like immigration.  His order tells the government to close places where people gather.  But immigration force more people to go to immigration.

• Like 2

They need to get ahead of the game, all governments, not just the Thai one, are playing a game of catch-up as they enforce new rules bit by little bit, but always too late. Look at Italy and do NOW what they are doing. Plus try to learn from and implement South Korea's success by testing, testing, testing. Everybody's waiting too long before doing the hard things, but it's obvious they will be needed so be bold and lock everything down now.

2 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Why is it left to the Governor of Bangkok and provincial Governors to issue instructions and guidance about Covid-19! Where is the government and our revered PM in all this. In UK and USA, the PM and President are making daily TV and media broadcasts to the Nation! This country needs decisive cental government action Now! They are all ex-military, and should be used to making tactical decisions to beat the enemy. Covid-19 is the enemy, take action now to defeat it! 

Captain Mainwaring....?   ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 2long said:

As usual, there are a load of cynical expats on here. I actually like and respect this post and feel that (even if things have happened or not happened in the past) he's making a decent effort.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

At least he's not making ridiculous claims or comments like some others in Parliament.

Oh, and if he said nothing, he'd be wrong.

No one needs Google or Reuters or WHO. Just come to TVF for experts and cinics.

What he has said is fine , it pretty much apes what other nations have done , though perhaps a bit late.

The devil though is in the detail , will these guidelines be stringently enforced and crucially will those unable to work be adequately compensated.

The last point is absolutely crucial , many working class Thais have no savings , they cannot be expected to sit at home and starve.

If these points are addressed adequately then fair enough , if not then its a waste of time.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1. People should not travel out of Bangkok because they could be infected during travelling and may spread the disease to especially children and the elderly in other areas.

should have said this before thousands fled the ciity for their homwtowns..

bit too late now, eh mate?

14 hours ago, daiwill60 said:

A bit late now after shutting down Bkk and letting so many crowd into Mochit bus station and board crowded buses to many provinces. 

Many of those people going back home are paid day by day. If they don't get their ~300 baht a day, how are they gonna eat?  Please tell me. I think you don't have a clue how it works in Thailand. 

I'm waiting for governments to announce "Since we were too slow to close air traffic and were not able to prevent the spread of Covid19 could you now please committ suicide to reduce the possible spread of the virus. Thank you."

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, 2long said:

As usual, there are a load of cynical expats on here. I actually like and respect this post and feel that (even if things have happened or not happened in the past) he's making a decent effort.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

At least he's not making ridiculous claims or comments like some others in Parliament.

Oh, and if he said nothing, he'd be wrong.

No one needs Google or Reuters or WHO. Just come to TVF for experts and cinics.

How many people have already left Bangkok? 100,000 , 200,000  or soon 1 million???? Not cynical at all - just I have a brain!

42 minutes ago, bender92 said:

You've closed their work places so what choice do they have but to go home.

Spot on , why would say , a massage parlour lady sit behind closed doors , she has been sending money home now not allowed to work.  Go home and see the family , not ideal but getting the best out of this situation.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Besides, they should instruct any passenger who has a cough, is sneezing, or has runny nose to wear a face mask.

finally  the penny has  dropped "exactly" when a  mask is  needed and anyone who is coughing  or  sneezing should not  got out anyway which he should have added.....but didnt

These are all mostly common sense. Now too late after the mass gathering at Mo chit. 

problem is is very hard hard to follow when you have love ones away and you want to be with them. Also how can they stay if the work is shut down and no money available. 

immigration is a big problem as the offices are full . something should be done about this .   

3 hours ago, Xonax said:

My 90 days notice was up for renewal friday last week. Since immigration has made no announcements, I decided to protect myself and send a younger local motorbike taxi driver to do the renewal, which cost me 200 Baht. Unlike a previous 90 days notification, this time a Power og Attorney was required, so he had to go back and get that and I had to pay twice. As usual the online 90 days notification didn´t work.

welcome to the 21st century...................BCe

In other words- if you stay in Bangkok and even if you don't feel bad, better don't go outside of the city, stay home. But officialy there is no shutdown of BKK, just like in Europe. So if for example you wanna go to Hua Hin for 1 week outside, you can do it or not in this situation? 

Well, we’re not in Bangkok but I’m seriously considering canceling our two hour car ride to Khaoi Yai next week. Although the place we’re going is outside the city in the mountains in a rural area so it might be safer there than here but I don’t know if traveling even a few hours will be a good idea or not yet. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

& worried about their aged parents who look after them-------they were always going to head home.

I am reading that a lot of the east Europeans are doing  the same thing in London as  it closes up.

Its older people that are most at risk, I understand they miss and are worried about their parents, but bringing the virus home is worse. Apparently this is why the death toll was so high in Italy, families living under one roof, elderly members getting it worst.

The gov should have stepped in with some sort of support package, rent relief for its own citizens.

• Like 1