Covid-19: Foreigner fined 20K for breaking quarantine - health certificate didn't help him; Thais warned they are next

webfact

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Our Phoo Ya Ban has made it very clear apparently. Anyone returning from the infected areas must go into self isolation.

And we won't be needing any officials to police it. She seems to have put the proverbial 'fear of god' into the villagers to ensure compliance. Policing will come from within.

You are lucky that you have a good Phoo Yai Baan.

Won't say anything about ours ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Farang said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Our Phoo Ya Ban has made it very clear apparently. Anyone returning from the infected areas must go into self isolation.

And we won't be needing any officials to police it. She seems to have put the proverbial 'fear of god' into the villagers to ensure compliance. Policing will come from within.

1 hour ago, The Farang said:

They get paid to snitch on foreigner's.  What's the number to call again? 1179?

The relevance being what exactly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

punish foriegners first and thais second or maybe....

Anyway, people do the right thing. Just been watching videos of people suffering in hospital. It aint pretty to say the least. Stay safe, be smart, stay at home as much as possible.

I'm  going to the food courts as long as they're open.

20200324_114432.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think the problem most people don't understand here is that they really don't know what most health experts fear and I say that because they don't go about saying what that is, because they don't want to create fear and panic, albeit one or two might have opened their mouths, and that is, the influenza is a human virus and our immune system does recognise these viruses and will do their best to fight the virus back, those strong enough win, those not strong enough may die and believe you me a lot die every year from the (human virus) influenza.

The above said the Covid-19 is a virus which infects animals, which has made its way into humans and our immune systems cannot fight it because our immune systems doesn't recognise the virus attacking, albeit some people have minor symptoms, others die, there is no real reason or explanation for this at the moment, however what they are worried about is it mutating, as I believe it has already done so, e.g. Italy has one strain and other countries have another strain, with Italy coming off worse with the strain that it has, now if this virus mutates again, this will be a  whole new ball game that we are not prepared for.

Nothing to do with helmets, people dying from lack of helmets etc etc so I wouldn't worry about others, just protect yourself best you can and avoid being in close contact with others until they can jab this MF sooner than later because, as I said, it it mutates again, who knows what part of the human body it will attack and how much more sever will the virus attach, most probably a lethal attack on everyone that comes in contact with it ?

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

punish foriegners first and thais second or maybe....

Anyway, people do the right thing. Just been watching videos of people suffering in hospital. It aint pretty to say the least. Stay safe, be smart, stay at home as much as possible.

Sound advice

• Like 1

So travel between the provinces is still OK (for Thais) so long as they "self quarantine" when they get home ?

I've been told (by some Thais) that they are not allowed to travel home to Sa Kaeo province. They went to Lop Buri last week and say they've been told they can't leave now.

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

So travel between the provinces is still OK (for Thais) so long as they "self quarantine" when they get home ?

I've been told (by some Thais) that they are not allowed to travel home to Sa Kaeo province. They went to Lop Buri last week and say they've been told they can't leave now.

I know a Thai who traveled from Pattaya to Sa Kaeo 2 days ago - no problems.

How can they be stopped? There are no road blocks to my knowledge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I know a Thai who traveled from Pattaya to Sa Kaeo 2 days ago - no problems.

How can they be stopped? There are no road blocks to my knowledge.

Yeah, I think she's pulling my leg. I should hop on the bike and ride to her home just for giggles and to see the look on her face.

• Haha 1