How virus is spreading in Thailand

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_3628164a3af3e3e.jpg

Men carry twice the risk of Covid-19 infection than women, the deputy director-general of the Department of Disease Control told reporters on Wednesday (March 25).

Dr Asadang Ruayajin also noted that the flu-like symptoms associated with Covid-19 were observable in only one in every five confirmed cases.

Most of Thailand’s confirmed case have been found in Bangkok and the metropolitan area. Most of the foreign victims detected in Thailand have been Chinese, French and British.

Most of the confirmed cases found in Bangkok and vicinity have been traced to a single day of boxing events at Lumpinee Stadium. The bulk of the rest came from close contact with previously confirmed victims. Most cases in the southern border provinces originated at religious ceremonies in Malaysia.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384810

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-25

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

With all these experts and the information you have, it is really strange that you have not yet managed to eliminate Covid-19 ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

Same as in S. Korea, same as in Iran, and probably in many other places as well. I think it's GOD message to us all - Religions are BAD. Stay away from ANY religion!!! 

Have you read "do you believe in God and why" it seems a lot do and a lot dont.????

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Men smoke more, drink more, and avoid medical attention more than women and that surely is related to their increased risk at least somewhat. Chinese men in particular smoke an awful lot.

I was reading yesterday the China has one of the highest percentages of smokers on the planet, yet only 3% of the women smoke. That means an awful lot of the men smoke.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Men smoke more, drink more, and avoid medical attention more than women and that surely is related to their increased risk at least somewhat. Chinese men in particular smoke an awful lot.

There has been professional comment on news venues that smokers are more at risk to C-19

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it's obvious how C19 spreads you get it from someone who is in the incubation period and still feels ok.

Anyone can be spreading the coronavirus without realising they've got it.

I doubt it's that, I've noticed Thais coughing away with no mask close to friends and no one blinks an eyelid

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I doubt it's that, I've noticed Thais coughing away with no mask close to friends and no one blinks an eyelid

Exactly how it spreads, I have say a majority of our village people are very scared and taking care as much as they can.

I went to Villa Market in Bang Tao an hour ago.

The only people I saw without masks and actively ignoring the staff at the entrance offering hand sanitizing gel and to wipe the handlebars of the trolleys coming in from outside were Falangs (Europeans). Of folks in the store, Asian and European ratio to Euro was high on the European side. I doesn't know about 'dirty falangs' but the actions I saw this morning sure seem to to show indifference to self and others at best, and perhaps white-privilege arrogance at worst (i.e. I won't get it, I'm somehow immune, I couldn't have it and therefore have no need to wear a mask or uptake hand cleaning protocols?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

As yet no explanation from the "army" who organised and after being asked to cancel the event went ahead with it? 

correct, read from a different post:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384808

However, the statement did not respond to the rumour that the Boxing Board had requested cancellation of the matches on March 6 in a letter sent to the management of the stadium dated March 4.

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Apparently estrogen plays a key role here. 

39 minutes ago, Captor said:

Fat people are also at bigger risks according to the doctors in Italy.

Have fine particles accelerated the spread of the virus in northern Italy?

This is the hypothesis put forward by Italian researchers to understand why the virus seemed to spread faster in the regions of northern Italy, highly industrialized and subject to pollution peaks.

If this turns out to be correct, Thailand, which regularly breaks records in this subject, will experience an unprecedented crisis.

If as stated the infection started in Wue China. The how it was spreaded is simply an infectional domino effect. For Example an infected Wue person travels by plane to Swampy, infecting neighbours on the plane, those people then infecting others. The person taxes a cab to Pattaya infecting the driver who infects his family. At the hotel he could infect staff, other tourists for example an Italian and so on. The only efficient remedy is isolation. The virus will be stopped being unable to multiply.

• Like 1