Important notice for anyone staying at The Vision Condominium Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, johng said:

Its been all over since the millions from China brought it with them..there are a more than a few  other condos that where/are very popular with Chinese tourists  that should be thoroughly checked by the Department of Decease Control

I won't/can't name because of the draconian defamation laws.  

It is well know The Base on Second Road was rammed with daily rental Chinese tourists.

I would say it would be ground zero for Corona, as far as condo blocks are concerned. 

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am not sure its much better in the West. I rather be here then in the west where it is totally out of control. US and Europe are not looking good. 

That was my initial thought, but I am not so sure now.  Anyway, it's too late now.

I just thought Thailand's refusal to lock anything down, particularly its boarders, in a timely fashion, increased the risk a lot for all Pattaya residents. 

The almighty baht wins out every time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

It is well know The Base on Second Road was rammed with daily rental Chinese tourists.

I would say it would be ground zero for Corona, as far as condo blocks are concerned. 

its any packed location now, not just chinese

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fhickson said:

its any packed location now, not just chinese

Point being, if you are a condo owner and living at The Base, you had a lot more exposure to the virus than condo owners living in other blocks.

• Like 1

I stayed in the vision up to 18 months ago the chinese bought a couple of condos i know at least 1 penthouse always stuffed with them and where flouting the short time rules.

I know a few owners there but there will be others buildings we dont know about.

A friend of mine has been in BPH in the last week with corona, there where 2 other farang their he caught it in france he is fine and he said 1 the others was in for 2 days.

6 hours ago, johng said:

Its been all over since the millions from China brought it with them..there are a more than a few  other condos that where/are very popular with Chinese tourists  that should be thoroughly checked by the Department of Decease Control

I won't/can't name because of the draconian defamation laws.  

that was january, its now march. 

the incubation period is less than 14 days. do the math fella.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, timendres said:

You are assuming that the difference is not simply because of more testing and more reporting. I would not be prepared to bet my life on that.

No of course not nobody is that stupid but if it was serious the deaths would be higher hospitals overflowing like in the west. You can play with statistics and tests but you can't hide overflowing hospitals and deaths. It would be all over social media. 

So sorry I am willing to bet my life on that part not  on the  Thai numbers.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

No of course not nobody is that stupid but if it was serious the deaths would be higher hospitals overflowing like in the west. You can play with statistics and tests but you can't hide overflowing hospitals and deaths. It would be all over social media. 

So sorry I am willing to bet my life on that part not  on the  Thai numbers.

An excellent point that others have also made. I also do not see the indications of overstressed hospitals. My last visits to BumRunGrad (Feb) and Samitivej (Mar) I asked the doctors if they were seeing cases of COVID-19, and both said "no". Maybe they were instructed to answer that way regardless. I also don't think we see news of overflowing hospitals and deaths, primarily because reporting here is under more duress than elsewhere. And I believe the news in the US (specifically) is completely hyped. I decided to stay simply because I own a business here and my "life" is here. And I simply prefer here to back home. Let's hope we made the right call.

19 minutes ago, timendres said:

An excellent point that others have also made. I also do not see the indications of overstressed hospitals. My last visits to BumRunGrad (Feb) and Samitivej (Mar) I asked the doctors if they were seeing cases of COVID-19, and both said "no". Maybe they were instructed to answer that way regardless. I also don't think we see news of overflowing hospitals and deaths, primarily because reporting here is under more duress than elsewhere. And I believe the news in the US (specifically) is completely hyped. I decided to stay simply because I own a business here and my "life" is here. And I simply prefer here to back home. Let's hope we made the right call.

I am not talking about official reporting but about facebook and other unoffical reporting. I people had family members dying on them or locked up in hospitals it would be all over the news. You cant stop people from talking. 

I mean in the Netherlands its clearly visible in hospitals and people know people who are sick or in hospitals. You can't hide that. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I am not sure its much better in the West. I rather be here then in the west where it is totally out of control. US and Europe are not looking good. 

Besides the language obstacles how much do you have to pay for one day in a ICU room in Thailand? In our home-countries thats free and can normally communicate with all the staff.

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Point being, if you are a condo owner and living at The Base, you had a lot more exposure to the virus than condo owners living in other blocks.

Pure speculation. Nobody knows the actual number or distribution of the virus at present. You are as likely to become infected in a bar or a 7/11 as anywhere else.

8 hours ago, sameasb4 said:

I stayed in the vision up to 18 months ago the chinese bought a couple of condos i know at least 1 penthouse always stuffed with them and where flouting the short time rules.

I know a few owners there but there will be others buildings we dont know about.

A friend of mine has been in BPH in the last week with corona, there where 2 other farang their he caught it in france he is fine and he said 1 the others was in for 2 days.

Infected in France and then travelled to Thailand, great work Einstein. How many other people has he infected in his world travels?

Not surprising travel restrictions are in place.

56 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Very young children are now dying.

From CoVid-19, or are you being a drama queen? 

The statistics I use clearly states... 

0-9 years old   no fatalities

We don't need more fake news at this time. 

As far as blaming the Chinese, well I am afraid I do. 

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

From CoVid-19, or are you being a drama queen? 

The statistics I use clearly states... 

0-9 years old   no fatalities

We don't need more fake news at this time. 

As far as blaming the Chinese, well I am afraid I do. 

Then your statistics are clearly wrong and out of date. Much the same as your view of the Chinese.

Edited by emptypockets

1 minute ago, emptypockets said:

Then your statistics are clearly wrong and out of date.

Supply correct ones then please instead of empty words. 

I supplied a link...

Edited by jacko45k