24 hour lock down?

seajae

thanks mate, hadnt thought of that, that makes more sense really. It had to be coming but I have no idea how they will do it without big troubles everywhere

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Where I am things are subdued but village life goes on.. Shops open, workers active in groups, even people drinking late afternoon at the mom and pop shops.. With the way people are, a cultural and casual disregard for anything other than blanket absolute bans, I can see a hard rule is the only way to hammer it home (and cause the loss of earnings). That will come with a hard economic impact though. 

Stories like this doing the rounds in the Thai press will also push for it I think.

16 minutes ago, JayBird said:

I just heard on thai news that the 24hour lockdown means no going out for food or delivery.

Can anyone confirm this?

I would suggest that the low paid, who have all been sent home to isolate, with no cash coming in, can't afford to go out and buy food anyhoooooo. ????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I haven't heard but likely the authorities are concerned people will still go out and try to celebrate Songkran. No other logical reason I can think of for those specific dates.

Probably because they want to try and stop the spread?

I think that's a logical enough reason

I though I would never say this but:  I wish I had a case of MRE’s(Meals Ready to Eat).  For those who served in the Military know what MRE’s are.  Dehydrated Pork Patties,. Yumm?

I guess I will get some extra Peanut Butter, Bread and Crackers and of course as much beer I can carry home from Topps or Rimping.  

A 24 Hour Curfew would be difficult to enforce in every neighborhood.  Of course the 64 Thousand dollar question is:  What happens if you are caught violating the 24 hr Curfew?  A fine, 20 lashes with a wet noodle or re-education camp?  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

I just heard on thai news that the 24hour lockdown means no going out for food or delivery.

Can anyone confirm this?

we hear the same news at the village shop, same dates, for what it's worth.

oh well, then i will just starve to death.

Edited by orchis
  • Haha 1

Learning Resources Pretend & Play Doctor Set

There was rebuttal by PM that no 24 hour curfew is in planning and any increase in measures (longer curfew hours) would be the result of worse situation - but being prepared is the name of the game (which is logical which perhaps makes it hard to believe).  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I though I would never say this but:  I wish I had a case of MRE’s(Meals Ready to Eat).  For those who served in the Military know what MRE’s are.  Dehydrated Pork Patties,. Yumm?

I guess I will get some extra Peanut Butter, Bread and Crackers and of course as much beer I can carry home from Topps or Rimping.  

A 24 Hour Curfew would be difficult to enforce in every neighborhood.  Of course the 64 Thousand dollar question is:  What happens if you are caught violating the 24 hr Curfew?  A fine, 20 lashes with a wet noodle or re-education camp?  

Protein bars my friend.  Protein bars.  I can survive for ever on them.

Why do people persist in such scare-mongering nonsense, much which is either lost in translation or the result of "Chinese Whispers" or "Telephone"?

There may be a more severe curfew or lockdown, particularly over the cancelled Songkran holiday as many people are likely to still want to celebrate, but to seriously believe that this would mean no one being allowed out for any reason is just nonsense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why do people persist in such scare-mongering nonsense, much which is either lost in translation or the result of "Chinese Whispers" or "Telephone"?

There may be a more severe curfew or lockdown, particularly over the cancelled Songkran holiday as many people are likely to still want to celebrate, but to seriously believe that this would mean no one being allowed out for any reason is just nonsense.  

Well it seems if the virus numbers carry on going up a 24 hour curfew is on the cards. I believe a decision will be made in 5 days time....My daughter-in-law was just telling me. 

Wait and see....

3 hours ago, orchis said:

we hear the same news at the village shop, same dates, for what it's worth.

oh well, then i will just starve to death.

... darnit, I think you just accidently revealed the cunning plan man, as in 'no hosts - no virus' ... 

I could be wrong though ... 

1 hour ago, transam said:

Well it seems if the virus numbers carry on going up a 24 hour curfew is on the cards. I believe a decision will be made in 5 days time....My daughter-in-law was just telling me. 

Wait and see....

I'm sure your daughter-in-law is very well connected.  But it's likely to be scaremongering gossip.  A tighter lockdown maybe, but if she really thinks people will not be allowed out to buy food, medicine or water, she's being badly misled.

6 hours ago, transam said:

I would suggest that the low paid, who have all been sent home to isolate, with no cash coming in, can't afford to go out and buy food anyhoooooo. ????

Just heard over the village loudspeakers that no outside traders were to be allowed into the village for the time being.

This impeccable logic means that our neighbour can drive to the market at 3 am, buying food to sell in the village but not outsiders. I haven't quite worked that one out yet.

11 hours ago, seajae said:

Wife was just on a company conference call and was informed by the big boss in Bangkok they have been informed there is going to be a 24 hours lockdown between the 10th and 24th of this month 

10th is Friday, and corresponds with the previous announcement of the 10am - 4am curfew on Friday 3rd. They mentioned at the time they'd review the situation after one week with the possibility of a 24 hour lockdown if numbers didn't go down. 

On 4/6/2020 at 1:05 PM, sqwakvfr said:

My wife bought all the Greggs frozen sausage rolls in Villa.. Side effect of our trip to UK last year