Motorcycle inspection

Nobody55

2 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

therefore an annual hassle

Thanks for your answer

I don't find it a hassle I take my scoot to the test place go back 4 days later and pick up my renewed tax disc and insurance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

therefore an annual hassle

Thanks for your answer

so no annual test in your home country,

and if you do  i would think a lot more grief than here.

if no have  then a dodgy country

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Service it regularly, have any faults that arise fixed promptly and it shouldn't be a hassle.

After 5 years and 4 months my bike is like new if you think that in the time passed I have not covered even 15000 km so less than 3000 km per year and until now it has always been serviced by the official Kawasaki dealer.

So no problem.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

After 5 years and 4 months my bike is like new if you think that in the time passed I have not covered even 15000 km so less than 3000 km per year and until now it has always been serviced by the official Kawasaki dealer.

So no problem.

Is your brake fluid after 5 years (even with little usage) in the condition it should be?

Do you want to find out that it's not as good anymore if you have to brake hard from relative high speed?

What's the problem with regular services, like once a year? It seems you don't use that bike a lot so you probably won't miss it for a day or two when it's serviced.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is your brake fluid after 5 years (even with little usage) in the condition it should be?

Do you want to find out that it's not as good anymore if you have to brake hard from relative high speed?

What's the problem with regular services, like once a year? It seems you don't use that bike a lot so you probably won't miss it for a day or two when it's serviced.

He said he always had it serviced at the Kawasaki dealer. I don't know the details of the Kawasaki service plan, but i guess it says to take it in at least once a year, and brake fluid change is probably due every two years. So he might have done this.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 3:00 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I use my bike almost every day, let's say 5 days out of 7, living in the city center I don't make long trips and this justifies my low mileage. Obviously I am interested in safety and so I regularly check the bike at my Kawasaki dealer and ask them to check and replace what is necessary.

On 4/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, Nobody55 said:

So no problem.

No need to worry,

It still passes if the lights are broken, the tires are bald and the brakes don't work.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nobody55 said:

I use my bike almost every day, let's say 5 days out of 7, living in the city center I don't make long trips and this justifies my low mileage. Obviously I am interested in safety and so I regularly check the bike at my Kawasaki dealer and ask them to check and replace what is necessary.

Sounds good.

I am confused that you wrote above:

On 4/12/2020 at 9:14 AM, Nobody55 said:

After 5 years of life in January I had to get my bike inspected

That sounded to me like the bike was not checked for 5 years.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sounds good.

Maybe he means after the 5 years he had to take it to the "testing stations?" (dont know what they are called.

My bike is about 14 years old...for the first (i think 4 or so years) I took it to the local "dealer"...they did the "paperwork", and testing.....then when the bike was over 5 years old...I had to take it to one of the testing stations.

As has been posted...no hassle at all! Go in ...they will test the bike, you give them the book....then after a few days, you pick up the book the insurance etc........simples!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sounds good.

you misunderstood, I meant that after 5 years I had to take the bike to the center authorized by the DLT for inspection otherwise I could not pay the annual fee and insurance.

Edited by Nobody55
  • Like 1