Flight refund issues ??

cornishcarlos

Due to the Covid lock downs, obviously most international flights have been suspended until further notice..

Anyone else just getting blanked by their flight company ??

Oman Air have not replied to a single email in 3 weeks...

Whilst I appreciate that they will have a lot of admin to sort out over the coming weeks, do you think they are trying to dodge customer refunds ??

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

I think you are spot on there... I believe they have to give cash refund though if requested, it's in their terms and conditions when they cancel your flight.. 

I think the plan would be given customers will travel at sometime in the future so a voucher ties them into the airline, and cash flow is also not immediately affected - as in the post above

10 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I think you are spot on there... I believe they have to give cash refund though if requested, it's in their terms and conditions when they cancel your flight.. 

Maybe they have used the money to help Thailand's road deaths become less, but then what do I know, Oh yeah sorry I hijacked the thread.

Delta has given me alternate flights in June now, which fly me in a circuitous route to get to California.  I have asked them for a refund, and they will be giving me a credit since I purchased the tickets with my Delta Amex card and its paid off now.  I asked for a cash refund, but they are only giving flight credits at this point in time.

Nok air has just sent me an offer to buy credits at 700 baht per thousand.  Just a credit to be applied at a later date when you want to make flight arrangements.  Looks like they are trying to raise some capital....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

I had three flights with different companies.

I just got a full refund from Nok Air. It was an international flight that had been cancelled and it was quick and easy.

Traveloka (an agency). Very difficult to contact and quite slippery. They are telling me that I am not entitled to a refund, even though if I contact the airline they say I am (but they tell me I have to organize it through the travel agency).

Qatar Air. They have told me I am entitled to a refund but I have been waiting over 3 weeks for it now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I think the plan would be given customers will travel at sometime in the future so a voucher ties them into the airline

yes, this makes sense and I don't mind it but airlines are making the window too small. Some airlines are saying the voucher must be used during this calendar year... That is too soon! Who knows when restrictions will be lifted and even if things are normalish by the summer, a lot of people won't have the time off/money to travel again so soon.

• Like 2

I was booked to fly to Canada Mar 25 through Expedia, used them for years without any problems.

Trying to phone expedia the week prior to flight to get information was hopeless, spent probably 10 hours on hold, never talked to anyone. The website just took me in circles to the same page that couldn't do anything.

Mar 23 got an e-mail and a phone call from EVA telling me my flights are canceled. Got an email from expedia saying the flights have been canceled by the provider.

Phone expedia again and actually get through to a person, request a refund and they said no problem because the flights were cancelled and will be refunded after 30 days, haven't got the money yet but I'm confident.

Cancelled a vehicle rental with expedia online, no drama

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have to wait.

I cancelled a full flex ticket with Emirates more than 1 months ago. Was approved but never received the money. Took them now 3 weeks to reply me and tell me it will take more time.

23 minutes ago, chessman said:

yes, this makes sense and I don't mind it but airlines are making the window too small. Some airlines are saying the voucher must be used during this calendar year... That is too soon! Who knows when restrictions will be lifted and even if things are normalish by the summer, a lot of people won't have the time off/money to travel again so soon.

I think there will be opportunity for flexibility, there has to be an valid date on refunds due to exchange rate and pricing variations, also to encourage early use not carry too much provision over into the next financial year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Anyone else just getting blanked by their flight company ??

AIrAsia still giving me the runaround 20 days later.

4 flights cancelled, no credit notes.

Emails asking for information they already have.

I'm thinking they're all hanging out until they can declare bankruptcy.

We'll be lucky to get anything back.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

AIrAsia still giving me the runaround 20 days later.

4 flights cancelled, no credit notes.

Emails asking for information they already have.

I'm thinking they're all hanging out until they can declare bankruptcy.

We'll be lucky to get anything back.

Interesting, where their e.mails 'no reply', or where you able to actually make contact them via e,mail? If the later would you please share the e.mail addresses, I still can't make any direct contact with them (my post #16 above refers.) Thanks.

I have a flight BKK-LHR booked for 1st June

It's still showing that it is leaving at 11.45 am, can't imagine it will be flying now?

They have cancelled everything until 31st May but have said nothing about June so far.

Has anyone else got flight bookings for June and beyond with other airlines?

If so what is their stance at the moment?

Two choices, chargeback on credit card or postpone flight to a later date.  The airlines can't even settle their lease obligations, let alone refund cash to customers.  In short, there's zero cashflow.

Edited by torturedsole

9 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I have a flight BKK-LHR booked for 1st June

It's still showing that it is leaving at 11.45 am, can't imagine it will be flying now?

They have cancelled everything until 31st May but have said nothing about June so far.

Has anyone else got flight bookings for June and beyond with other airlines?

If so what is their stance at the moment?

Thai have indicated that European flights will recommence in June but no bookings are current. The LHR flight will be the evening flight out from BKK. There should be a sweepstake on the price.

The following are one way prices.

You can now book Emirates from May 2nd to LHR price 10,370bht and that is from the Emirates website. I do put details of notified changes for most airlines from BKK but with everything the caveat things may change at very short notice. EVA is still available, next flight 17 April, price is 20,000bht again on their website. Yesterdays flight reportedly had 200 empty seats that morning. Landed at LHR 40 minutes early. Again book via their website.

Qatar has seats available at Thai prices, 26,000bht.

Forgot about Lufthansa, 3 times a week, 27,455bht with a good LHR connection. They are using an A340-300 so an old 20 year old aircraft. Probably the last chance to fly in one of these.

Cheaper to stay in Thailand.

Edited by tso310
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Got blanked till I bought a new ticket and returned home, then an $800 credit to be used within 24 months. Decent!

UK news programs are saying do not accept any credit settlement from an airline and push for a full refund as they have made the change. Contact your credit/debit card issuers if no joy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tso310 said:

UK news programs are saying do not accept any credit settlement from an airline and push for a full refund as they have made the change. Contact your credit/debit card issuers if no joy.

Sure that will be my next step, try for refund from CC company.

After that I will be claiming on my companies insurance, as I'm not able to leave work at the moment anyway !!

Cathay Pacific was quite fair I think. I used 1/2 my 4 segment flight and they gave me a free change of date on the second segment. The 3 rd and 4 th segments were canceled by them. I called customer service about the BKK -Hong Kong segment and got only a $25 refund but called about the Hong Kong Boston segment Later and got $687 the full value of ticket was a premium economy round trip Boston to Bangkok with stopovers for $1380 so I used half the ticket and got $712 refunded and I have received the credits already in about 2 weeks.  Not bad 

Peach air canceled a flight I had from Okinawa to Hong Kong and credited that back by applying on line it was for full price $148. That took about 30 Days.