Global reaction to Trump withdrawing WHO funding

webfact

10 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

The same Bloomberg that clogged up my YouTube feed with hundreds of millions of dollars of advertising (that he could of donated to the WHO) and got absolutely nowhere ? 

Which is related to this how?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

All foreign aid, except for our staunch, mutually beneficial allies should be stopped. And the USA needs to take a fully nationalistic approach to everything it does going forward. Pay to repatriate foreign companies, aid domestic pharmaceutical manufacturing, beef up the national stockpile, bolster domestic farming, etc. 

Did you forget the bit about bringing the US military back from all the skirmishes and minor wars that they are currently?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Did you forget the bit about bringing the US military back from all the skirmishes and minor wars that they are currently?

and stop sending arms to others than the proud USofA

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JCauto said:

2 Million cases of Covid 19 globally and growing exponentially certainly has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with the WHO, the UN, and the Chinese Communists. 

but over 609.516 (as per yesterday) or 30 % are cases Trump is answering for.

Now, look at the table and think about how much warning time was wasted by the leadership of the countries that were hit after China, Italy, Spain. Each country in the top of this rank will be looking forward to an in depth discussion about what could have been done better.

Except of course in the USofA because the "the buck does NOT stop here" President knows already :
WHO and Chinese should have done a better Job.
Greatness is not going to be achieved soon I am afraid.

image.png.e648f2a232425908e5dad015a85b6832.png
I cleaned out this table for some small countries.  
Table from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdUOA?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Up to Trump, pay who you want for what you want. Vote with your feet type of thing.

Indeed, those who have set themselves up to make more fortunes with their ID2020 "scheme" and other forward planning are more than capable of taking up any shortfalls.????

Unless they are worried the "public" will see they are now majority shareholders? ????

On 4/16/2020 at 6:51 PM, saakura said:

I pray that Trump will also withdraw from the presidential race

Oh no! In fact, I hope he gets re-elected. I love seeing how a super power will collapse in real time, unlike the Roman or British empires which we only read about in history books. This is history in the making. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

One of Trumps first moves as president was to sack everyone in a department which was responsible for preventing pandemics in the USA. 

Not entirely true...

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-fired-pandemic-team/partly-false-claim-trump-fired-pandemic-response-team-in-2018-idUSKBN21C32M

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Oh OK lets be semantic. 

Trump did not sack everyone its just the department for preventing pandemics in the United States was dissolved. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have no fixed opinion on the decision to defund WHO.  But I find the attached list of quotes hilarious.  I mean really?  Melinda Gates?  Mike Bloomberg?  A variety of other left leaning organizations cherry picked to echo one another?  Jeez.  Trump might be wrong to do this.  Or he might be right.  But that article and list of groups/people castigating him is clearly as political as many here are projecting Trumps actions are.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh OK lets be semantic. 

Trump did not sack everyone its just the department for preventing pandemics in the United States was dissolved. 

Why can't you lot just read the links people provide to prove your incorrect twaddle?

The Trump administration disbanded the “pandemic response” team, but some of the team members were re-assigned to roles that included pandemic response. Nothing else.

Edited by Forethat
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:56 PM, DanielS said:

Norway with only  about 5 miljon people,  and Sweden with about 10 miljon people , pays way too much too.

They pay with taxpayers money

Naaaaaa ... We pay with oil money ... ???? But yes ... Norway does pay a large chunk in comparison to its population that is for sure ...

A post containing unattributed content has been removed as it was copy and pasted from some site.  Please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting. 

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:10 AM, Mama Noodle said:

Good. Millions in taxpayer dollars for years and years and the ONE TIME we need the WHO to help guide policy and be transparent, they utterly fail the planet by taking lying China at their word. 

AND WHO ignored Taiwan warning them, because their 'friends' in CCP told them to not listen to them.

The very fact that WHO ignored Taiwan's warnings due to a political concern, shows they are not an organisation that is primarily concerned with the health of the world's people - they are managed and controlled by political hacks.

Same for UN and NATO and FIFA and World Cup (Football) and Olympics and most global organisations.  I hope Trump defunds them all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

Why can't you lot just read the links people provide to prove your incorrect twaddle?

The Trump administration disbanded the “pandemic response” team, but some of the team members were re-assigned to roles that included pandemic response. Nothing else.

ROFL.

OK so some of the guys involved in the pandemic response team were sent to different departments. Like homeland security.

Guess what their job was then? Pandemic response or homeland security?

Admit it. Trump screwed up. He dissolved the department who had the job of planning for and preventing a pandemic.

You cant worm your way out of this. He dissolved the department. Even your own link tells you that.

• Like 1