Back to business – time for Thailand’s tourist industry to get ready

webfact

20 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Tourism will be last economic sector to return....

next story....

I was thinking something similar, even in the best case, i may take a long time.

Perhaps it could be convenient for Thailand to study a plan for really affordable insurance for foreign visitors, which covers everything, and one can pay by the month or by the year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Return as superheroes? Mmm ... if I show up at the hotel and the manager’s wearing red underpants over his trousers I’d probably cancel the booking.

Tourism will take a considerable amount of time to pick up. Social distancing on flights will mean significantly higher fares. The economic impact has yet to show its face, but when it does it will be ugly and depressing, and few will be willing to spend money on travel anytime soon.

I think the world economy is in for a much tougher time than most people think.

Unfortunately I think you’re right

2 hours ago, mr mr said:

that photo of an empty beach with beautiful water is something i am really looking forward to while living here in the coming months to years. 

That photo is a joke. Where would you find a location like that, certainly not in Thailand.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, warvet1970 said:

Singapore once flat now bracing for pandemic .. a 700 case 10% surge overnight .. and the warning being reported just within past hour is because it was closed up it will not recover now, until there is a vaccine.  They insulated themselves and now because of that they are readying for an onslaught.  Exact description from reportage.

I think you need to check some facts before making silly claims...

Singapore was managing very well and still are. The spike in cases is within foreign worker dormitories, which have been isolated since the first clusters appeared there. 

Cases around Singapore have remained relatively consistent, 50-100 per day, tested, isolated and contact tracing done.

We can still go out to exercise, shop etc so there really is no panic here. 

From yesterday.. Straits times quote..

"Of the 596 new cases, 544 were work permit holders residing in dormitories. Only 25 are Singaporeans or permanent residents. There were no imported cases."

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 1

There are at least a few subsets of committed travelers that will help lead the charge back. 

One is the sex addicts.  They are no less likely to avoid travel because they might get Covid-19 than crackheads are to quit freebasing because they might accidentally light themselves on fire.

Another group are the ones that accepted travel vouchers for cancelled flights.  Some fraction of them will travel including those doing it against their better judgement because they've already got skin in the game.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Return as superheroes? Mmm ... if I show up at the hotel and the manager’s wearing red underpants over his trousers I’d probably cancel the booking.

Tourism will take a considerable amount of time to pick up. Social distancing on flights will mean significantly higher fares. The economic impact has yet to show its face, but when it does it will be ugly and depressing, and few will be willing to spend money on travel anytime soon.

I think the world economy is in for a much tougher time than most people think.

Pattaya will take a very big hit.Mainly lower to working class go there, a sort of Asian Benidorm. The Posh Places never suffer very long.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Pretty sure there are a lot like yourself. 

The problem is however, once you, and the others, found it, it won't look like that anymore. 

Thailand's coast has the length of Sweden's coast. And only a tiny part of that is touristic. Personally, would never live in Thailand, if it would not have tropical beaches, rainforests and tropical seas. But it has. And that and all the other goodies makes Thailand perfect.

Living next to a beach in Thailand and you almost do not realise  a lockdown and all that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

There are millions of testosterone driven males around the world who will still want to come here for sex. 

They're all going to look like tennis players by the time this is all over ????

• Like 1

So now the entire INFECTED population will look at a map and say, "wow, reported low cases....let's go there!!!"

everyone needs to be tested before or off the plane, period.

soon it should take 5 minutes.  well, ok maybe 30.  

Edited by Ventenio
  • Like 1

The first thing that will have to stop is Shared Dorm type rooms and bathrooms at Hostels.  This may be a good thing because the number of “Backpackers” might be reduced.  

Also, Gyms will have to be more open and reduce the number of people who allowed in at one time.  I keep hearing the phrase “50%” occupancy as the New Normal.  

The next 12 month will be very difficult to predict ... we first have to see how the phase out of restrictions works out. 

We can discuss 24 hours and 15 minutes about it ... at the moment, we can be blessed the hospitals are not run over and no dead ppl stack up ... as in other countries. 

Whatever it is, which is different in Thailand. 

Wait and see ... the only thing to do. I'm prepared to move on, without lockdowns, keeping the same pre-caution habits. 

It seems to work here.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1