The last trip you took outside Thailand

Trujillo

20 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I think the common man understands in this context that "overseas" means out of Thailand. 

By the way, the Cambridge dictionary says of overseas: "in, from, or to other countries".

Perhaps from the time when Europeans have to travel to another country the best way to do was by boat. (imagine medieval age)

Small town outside Como, north Lakes area Italy.

4 month stay, June thru Oct.

Loved it, tried to delay my flight but BA wanted not far off original flight cost to change.

Had planned to be there already but corona has prevented that.

As soon as flights available, will return, 1 way.

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Scotland.

There are nice beaches especially on the west coast but you have to be dressed like an arctic explorer to venture anywhere near them.

Plockton is on the gulf stream, palm trees on the seafront, can be quite temperate, spent some great walking holidays there handy for visiting Skye too.

23 hours ago, faraday said:

Good beaches there?

This photo is captioned:  Nam Khan river seen in Luang Prabang, Laos As you can see, the beach is rather small; no beach chairs, but no troublesome vendors, either.

image.png.e0c0692edbc700d99b65e92e9b46a0d6.png

Edited by LarryLEB
  • Like 1

Central and southern Laos, early March. Full of westerners by the way. I sensed that border closures could be imminent, but I saw way more farang backpackers than I've ever seen before...it was really confusing, didn't they get the memo? Very few Chinese though...one Chinese guy staying at my hotel in Pakse appeared to be a resident with a Lao wife.

And also, March isn't really a holiday period in America/Europe or Australia. Yet the place was full of western backpackers. Way more than February last year when I visited the same places and interestingly, possibly more than in southern Laos just before Christmas, when i thought to myself, why is it so quiet here (on Don Det/Don Khon)?

UK, last June, to see my new granddaughter. son, daughter and brother. Also did 3 days in Amsterdam (just site seeing). I usually go back to UK each year, for a month - but probably not this year due to virus.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, beau thai said:

Taiwan. Loved it but 7 days wasnt enough. Looking to back when we can! lots to do and see, clean everywhere. great mrt in Taipei. Friendly courteous people.

Taiwan is a great place. Lived and worked there for 6 years. Love it.

I went to Peru and spent the first week of March this year in Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu.  I stopped over in the US to see some friends before heading back home to Thailand.  I made it back just before the health certificate and insurance requirements were needed.

Edited by statman78

5 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

In march I did part of the northern Vietnam motorcycle tour before the corona hit the fan. Epic, highlight of 10 years travelling Asia. A must for anyone. Kicked myself for not doing it earlier.

I was planning on doing the northern Vietnam motorcycle tour in the spring of 2022. With current situation that will probably be pushed back. Would like, very much, too hear more about your experience.