Chonburi: Shopkeeper faces jail for flouting alcohol sales ban

webfact

Chonburi: Shopkeeper faces jail for flouting alcohol sales ban

2pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Protection agencies and the military raided a shop in Samed, Muang Chonburi after they got a tip that the owner was selling alcohol in contravention of the ban on sales in the province. 

Bunserm C., the owner of Saeng Thong Store, was arrested and 12 liter bottles of an alcoholic beverage were taken in as evidence. 

He had been seen flagrantly defying the governor's ban on alcohol sales that is in place until April 30th in an attempt to limit the spread of the coronavirus. 

Bunserm admitted selling alcohol but only to people he knew. 

He faces a year in jail and/or a 100,000 baht fine. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-22

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Bad boy you.

Many more sellers in Pattaya area, just send out your Bmw smart cars, and drones with night vision.

Seriously, Songkran was last week, people don't have money for food. Any good reason to continue alcohol ban now?

Edit: Imagine if alcohol ban and closed beaches continue past 1 May.

And 5k handout still under review for most people.

Edited by OnTheGround
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somebody get good tip money from police! Remember guys buy only shop's what you really know coz buyer get ticket also if get caught. I can buy today from my mother in law's sister shop coz finaly we going our village home from city! ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Why did the police need to take away 12 litres of booze?  When my wife was selling counterfeit shirts, the police used to raid the shop seasonally and take away 'evidence' that never re-appeared.

so why you not try to get the goods back??

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why did the police need to take away 12 litres of booze?  When my wife was selling counterfeit shirts, the police used to raid the shop seasonally and take away 'evidence' that never re-appeared.

She obviously never paid them to bring them back !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

We know where tonight's party will be ????

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 8:42 AM, webfact said:

Bunserm admitted selling alcohol but only to people he knew. 

Time to re-evaluate your list of acquaintances as obviously one of them is not happy.......or it may have possibly been someone he refused to sell to............