Thai govt to decide on extending emergency decree, easing COVID-19 restrictions

webfact

14 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

State of Emergency likely to be extended 

The word is likely,

Not yet set in stone.

Whatever it will be, we know tomorrow.

If you read the article in BP, you will see that the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meeting that made this decision was chaired by Prayuth. It's safe to assume that this will be decided by the cabinet tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I just want to be able to travel into the next Province so i get into Makro and get some food that is not available in Uttaradit . Uttaradit has Tesco and that's it absolutely pathetic but i am hoping that CP Group get to buy out Tesco so that we get  a Makro here .

What can you get in Macro, [I don't shop in Macro], that is so much better than in Tesco?

• Sad 2

Frankly I don't understand the alcohol ban. How do they think that helps anything at all? It just makes people more agitated and <deleted> off. A drink relaxes you.

We're well stocked up, so it's no problem, but it's idiotic to not allow alcohol sales and makes zero sense in the grand scheme of things.

And no, bars shouldn't be open yet.

But if restaurants are allowed to open then why shouldn't they be allowed to sell alcohol? Supermarkets as well for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, losername said:

Certainly people need to understand the benefits of the emergency decree.  On the other hand complaining is part of freedom of speech, not something to be punished for.  I do not recall reports of widespread rule breaking since the early days of meetings at boxing stadiums and chicken fights.  It is the Thai nature that a few will break some rules but there has not been widespread disobedience like there is with motorcycle safety helmets etc.  I think it is going well and sooner rather than later, a little at a time, there could be easing of selected rules.  Whether the government sees it like that is another thing altogether. 

Over 16000 persons breaking the curfew, on the side of the boxing station. Sure, only 16000 too many.

Nobody is punishing anybody for freedom of speech. Where do you get that from. Does that mean you still do not understand the importance of following the rules, so that it might be quicker next time? They have not introduced the emergency decree because you are using freedom of speech. It has do do with a pandemic and a virus named Covid-19.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I buy a large 1kg block of cheddar cheese and at least 2 packs of chili pork sausages which i cannot get anywhere here plus other things on top and Makro is slightly cheaper and better quality than Tesco .

Why cant you go to makro in another province? I drove from bangkok to sakon nakhon and then back to bkk 2 days later. That was last weekend .Not got checked anywhere.no roadblock , nothing. So its easy to travel if u have to.

Edited by ericnoodeeka
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Frankly I don't understand the alcohol ban. How do they think that helps anything at all? It just makes people more agitated and <deleted> off. A drink relaxes you.

We're well stocked up, so it's no problem, but it's idiotic to not allow alcohol sales and makes zero sense in the grand scheme of things.

And no, bars shouldn't be open yet.

But if restaurants are allowed to open then why shouldn't they be allowed to sell alcohol? Supermarkets as well for that matter.

I agree, and think that alcohol sales will probably resume. I think the original bans were put in place to ensure no Songkran festivities took hold.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, idiot farang said:

The slow people in the room are the ones buying 100% into the hysteria being propagated by their handlers with nary a modicum of independent thought.

This is the most expensive experiment in human history- ignoring EVERYTHING know about viruses. This isn't the bubonic plague with up to 95% mortality- geesh man, get a grip.

No herd immunity means this thing is going to linger and linger and linger. Protect the vulnerable is the correct approach. But, ya know, stop eating rn--- because that 1 in 2,696 chance of choking to death on your food is too big of a risk to take. Oh, nevermind, you're waiting for the govt. to TELL YOU to stop eating before you'll do it. Good thinking.... they know best.

You're getting closer, but still don't quite get it. 

Here's a hint - choking also doesn't spread exponentially. See the pattern now?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ericnoodeeka said:

Why cant you go to makro in another province? I drove from bangkok to sakon nakhon and then back to bkk 2 days later. That was last weekend .Not got checked anywhere.no roadblock , nothing. So its easy to travel if u have to.

I tried before and got turned around at the permanent checkpoint .

1 hour ago, johng said:

And the time after that, and the time after that  each time a bit more "normalcy" taken away and the whole world in an economic depression.

I see that you did not read my post. I especially mentioned that I did not consider the economic aspect this time. Then you had to go there anyway. Quite annoying actually.

However, yes it´s going to be a time after this, and a time after that and so on. Unless you are sitting on the capacity and the power to change the world and rid it from viruses and all other bad things that might negatively affect our life. If you do not own that capacity, please refrain from a reply.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

You sound exactly like my sister in the UK 

That's one good thing about social distancing shes there i'm here

Glad to hear you have such amazing family relations. How about we go back to topic. What do you have to say about the emergence decree?

6 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I tried before and got turned around at the permanent checkpoint .

yes ... that guy may have been lucky not to run into any checkpoints but you can sure as hell bet if you tried again you would be stopped .... just sayin

• Like 1
  • Sad 1