Pattaya: Walking Street set to get a facelift, when the problem of a pesky pipe has been fixed

webfact

Pattaya: Walking Street set to get a facelift, when the problem of a pesky pipe has been fixed

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon reported on Facebook that local officials, business operators and electrical authorities descended on Pattaya's famed red light area of Walking Street yesterday.

They want to bury unsightly hanging wires underground but there is a problem. 

They found an unexpected 1.6m diameter pipe was blocking the way. Apparently it has been in the ground 20 years or more. 

Now a strategy for getting round the problem is being discussed. 

Work should begin on the wire burying in June.

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-28

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

Some TV members just do not understand how tiresome this comment has become

Whats good for the Gander is good for the Goose.....

Officials talk about social distancing 24/7 so they should be leading by example should they not......

Its not just in Thailand officials every where seems to scoff at doing what they require the little people to do.....  

Edited by redwood1

52 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

He appears to be pointing at some pipe floating about 4 ft in the air. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is the solution chosen...  float the pipe and bury the cables ????

• Haha 2

I think it was 1998 when they tore up Walking Street and installed new drain pipes, then resurfaced it with those coloured hexagonal blocks.

When I came back in 2000 it was all done. Did it's job too. Had a couple of heavy rains while I was there. First one it came down so hard there must have been 7 cms (3") of water on the street, but an hour later it was hard to tell it had rained at all.

I wonder if that 1.5 meter pipe is a part of the drainage system they installed back then, and have now broken, without apparently having a clue what it was for or how it got there.

Doesn't anyone get a "dig permit" around here before they do shi* ? It sure doesn't seem like it !

984083961_RaininPattaya.jpg.132dee9de73da02539deb8a412c9e6dc.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Whats good for the Gander is good for the Goose.....

Officials talk about social distancing 24/7 so they should be leading by example should they not......

Its not just in Thailand officials every where seems to scoff at doing what they require the little people to do.....  

But why lower your standards to their level?

6 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Get one of these, 

problem solved.

Time to tear down all

the illegal seaside buildings. Pattaya never get this opportunity again. 

Cat-D11-574x299.jpg.cf.jpg

Yes.  And while they are at it, a good time to get rid of the parking on Beach Road and improve the sidewalks and plant some shade trees on the shop side of the street.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, redwood1 said:

They are probably aggravated by foreigners who scoff at their laws more-so than their own. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, Justgrazing said:

I always thought that getting lassoed 'round the neck with the added jeopardy of a bit of electrocution was all part of the charm of the place .. 

you don’t actually think these wires are electric do you?

On 4/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, Justgrazing said:

I always thought that getting lassoed 'round the neck with the added jeopardy of a bit of electrocution was all part of the charm of the place .. 

All those messy wires are cable/tv/internet/phone and carry very low voltage. The high voltage wires run across the tops of the poles alongside giant glass insulators

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

The job is being financed by my electricity bill this month which is 40% higher than last month.

Mine was 200% higher, I thought they had made a mistake and then I figured it out. Haven't left apartment in a month, hence used twice as much. ????