Video: Illegal teen goes through red light and slams into motorcycle - mum says "sue me"

webfact

Video: Illegal teen goes through red light and slams into motorcycle - mum says "sue me"

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CCTV posted on the Job Jab page on Facebook showed a 16 year old in a car go through a red light at the Chitlom intersection in Bangkok.

The teen plows into a motorcyclist and his girlfriend on their way home causing injury and damage. He flees the scene.

The motorcyclist wants 160,000 baht for medical bills and damage to his bike.

The mother of the teen said take us to court.

It is illegal for a 16 year old to drive a car in Thailand.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-01

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Sad 3

Our car get crashed from my wife student in school parking place! I think if my wife not that girls teatcher we not get nothing! Driver was 15 years old girl whit car! Still was hard to get money what was repairing cost.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

If only people would take the time to glance right and left whilst starting off when the lights change to green then so many of these accidents could be avoided. Everyone knows that people run red lights here but it is still in your own hands to avoid such incidents. 

Yep, first away from the lights gets a smack.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just out of interest. If Thai motorbike riders had 1st class insurance and they made a claim against their policy would the insurance company go after the insurance company of the other party or civil suit if uninsured?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

First step is for the police to prosecute the parents for letting their child drive the car assuming by law they are responsible - once convicted it makes the courts decision to award damages much easier.

First thing for police to investigate is whom mom of the car driver knows and related.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I think you are wrong, being a minor, surely the parents are liable.

Several years ago, riding motorbike with ex- wife behind me, we were struck from the side by a 15 year old on another bike.

A policeman witnessed the accident, everybody go to the police station.

At the station, a senior policeman said to the teenager, get your parents here now.

When they came, police told the parents, pay up for damages now, you are the parents of a teenager, you are responsible.

Different cops, different day.

Mrs NL was t-boned by two illegal teenage bike riders at an intersection. Took about 3 weeks for 'victims' family, aided and abetted by the local cops, to drop that bone.

YMMV