Shoppers may get two hour time limit when visiting malls

snoop1130

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Or, 

Maybe they figure within 2 hours most people have enough brains and sense to decide what they want to buy.

They haven't factored in woman make up 70% of shoppers.  I went shopping with my daughter once.  I almost prayed to god to will her to buy something so we could leave!  If I wasn't an atheist he probably would have..... 

4 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

It should be a one in one out process like they have done in most western countries. 

But TVF'ers don't want to do the same as other countries, make it blatantly obvious every day.

Why would you need to follow the same policies of a country where 25000 have died in a country where 54 have died?

To look like you're doing something important? 

To prevent another killer wave that could bring another shocking 54 fatalities?

What is the logic here? 

This virus killed 0.00007 per cent of Thailand's population. Surely people can go buy clothes again?

40 days without a new case in Chiang Mai.

Enough is enough.

Edited by Logosone
  • Sad 1

I see that Home Pro and Global are controlling the number of people who enter their stores. You check in, take a number, sit down and wait. When it is your turn you provide information for tracing. It can be done if it needs to be done. I think the Thai government looks at Europe and America and wants to do better.  It's when the government treats its citizens like disobedient children, that tempers flare up and discontent sets in ("I said do ______ and if you don't behave, I will ________.").

The government says that new Covid cases are in the low single digits and if not already, it will soon be completely eliminated. Since the government says they have controlled the infections, why would they need to add a 2 hour mall rule? Are they saying their infection numbers are wrong and people are walking around with Covid 19?

Oh, and what happens if I stay in the mall for 3 hours? Am I not allowed to leave? 

15 hours ago, Oldie said:

They simply open only one entrance and give you a piece of paper with the time when you entered. This you will have to show upon leaving. 

What would happen if you're in for too long ?? 

Or would you get hauled out as the 2-hour mark arrives ??????????

there is no substantive scientific data to support the 2 meter distancing in reducing the spread of the virus. In addition, studies are now coming online that show that these drasti8c shutdowns have had little effect on flattening the new infection case curve, which was the stated goal, not the eradication of new cases, compared with countries or localities that did not employ economy crippling shutdowns.

currently in Thailand there are 5 infected people pr 100,000 and 1 death per 1,000,000 people.  the total number dead is half the number of automobile casualties per day here.

the current measures are, at this time, doing nothing more than delivering economic devastation to multiple millions of Thais.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Logosone said:

This is totally idiotic.

So you could make a trip to a shopping mall only to be told 'sorry no can enter, full up'.

These malls have supermarkets attached, just to do your shopping for European goods takes 2 hours. What  if you want to stroll around before that? The whole point of a mall is to while away the time. There are restaurants. So no eating at restaurants and shopping?

Idiotic nonsense.

we are hovering around the 1 new cov19 case per day statistic ! What is being accomplished by the 10pm to 4am curfew? Are we all children? And yes I know a LOT of you old subservient farrangs are in bed by 7pm sipping yr cocoa, but its time for freedom of choice to be re-instated to the sensible grown ups! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They simply open only one entrance and give you a piece of paper with the time when you entered. This you will have to show upon leaving. 

That is a good idea ... so highly unlikely to be implemented.

And if you are over the allotted time what will they do?

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Some of the measures being considered by the Cabinet concerns the reopening of shopping malls, with people being given a two hour window in which to do their shopping.

If that's the case, then I won't go....now what are you going to do?  I don't pay people to inconvenience me and 90% of the Thai population can't afford to buy anything in those malls anyway.

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:
15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Anyone visiting the mall can only do so for a maximum of two hours.

what if you are in a long checkout line at the 2 hour point ? typical thai thought process (lack of)

you finish the transaction and leave ? typical irrelevant farang know it all question (in spades)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

you finish the transaction and leave ? typical irrelevant farang know it all question (in spades)

Yep. I've had it up my neck with bitter, miserable, know it all, forever slagging off Thailand and Thai's 'expats' 

I'm willing to cut some slack ! I have in the past with similar privacy concerns .

Airport security,DUI stops,and IO's coming to take what I consider personnel pictures in and around your house for marriage visa's!

We are in another country!Your embassy and common sense, should tell you to act according to the rules of this country

Edited by Yankeesvsredsox

10 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

You haven't met my wife...

Nor my soon to be ex. Hell ive seen her spend 30 mins+ in a freaking 7-eleven many times. How in the hell do you spend that much time shopping at 7-eleven. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Has he got any idea how malls would control a maximum number of people entering, when they've probsbly got a number of entrances?  Also how would they control the 2 hour time limit?   Solutions will be most interesting, I'm sure!

Maybe  clock in and out ????

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

what if you are in a long checkout line at the 2 hour point ? typical thai thought process (lack of)

There must be a limit on the number of people allowed to enter the mall at any one time.

Unlikely.

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

I would say this comment is typical of the kind words of poster desperately

trying to look cool by getting the first critical comment in.

These are proposals at the moment which suggests that they are aware that some

issues may arise in the implementation.