Which Bands or Artist have you seen live?

Last live music I seen was at Summerfest in Milwaukee last year. (Ozzy cancelled!) Caught this band and pianist, totally unknown to me at the time but I love some Rockabilly. Fantastic gig.

23 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Didn't they make a video in BKK?

Not sure but they took a photo - their album Combat Rock has a pic of them near Makasan train station, behind their hotel, the Bangkok Palace.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Last live music I seen was at Summerfest in Milwaukee last year. (Ozzy cancelled!) Caught this band and pianist, totally unknown to me at the time but I love some Rockabilly. Fantastic gig.

A great rockabilly band I saw was the cramps

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im thinking hard who was the first it had to be Chuck Berry live at the Odeon Manchester his backing band was Kingsize Taylor & the Dominoes 1964

I was at that one too. With The Hollies, David & Johnathan and Lulu (I think) in the first half with The Rolling tones to end. And Nashville Teens and Mr Berry in the second half. I was afraid the balcony was going to collapse with all the foot stomping.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

Too many to list. As said previously Chuck Berry/Stones/Hollies 1964. Beach Boys in 65/71/75/80/88. Macca in 2002. Four Freashmen in 74. Supporting act for The Who at Belle Vue, Mcr in 69 & 69. Ambrose Slade, Trentham Gardens in 69 together with Marmalade. Cliff & Shadows at Birmingham (England, not Alabama!), Four Seasons 92 Stockport, Sheena Easton 92, Lulu 94, 

Carole King Frankfurt 72, The Who Frankfurt 73, Mindbenders at New Century Hall, Mcr when Groovy Love was no. 1, 

Barry Upton in Pattaya.   PML

Memory is getting a bit dulled these days. Great music, great times.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

Some time has passed since most of my concert attendances, but I remember:

Gentle Giant

Genesis

Pierre Bensusan

Amazing Blondel

John Pearse

Frank Zappa

Bert Jansch

John Abercrombie

Volker Kriegel

Edited by moogradod

Police

David Bowie

The Eagles

Elton John

George Michael 

George Benson

Spandau Ballet

Ian Drury and the Blockheads

Gregory Porter

Chic

Jamiroquai

Mori Kanto

Black Oak Arkansas

Culture Club (Dragged along To Wembley by then girlfriend).

Missed Prince at the O2. My friend bought me a ticket, but I had holiday in Thailand booked for time.

• Like 1

Aerosmith in London early 90's 92/93 can't remember exact year .. 

Steve Tyler was on top form doing back flips and other on stage gymnastics .. 

Prince ..

Katherine Jenkins .. who was superb ..  

Stones at old Wembley .. 

U2 ..

Deep Purple mid 80's in a foot of festival mud at Knebworth .. 

Depeche Mode ..

Public Image Ltd with John Lydon ( ex Sex Pistol ) at his sarcastic best ..

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not sure but they took a photo - their album Combat Rock has a pic of them near Makasan train station, behind their hotel, the Bangkok Palace.

That same one on the railway

Blondie, DeMontfort Hall Leicester, late seventies

Dr Feelgood, various locations, including a barn in a village of sixty people, when they did a charity gig.

Gary Glitter, NEC Birmingham eighties

Elton John, Wembley 1986

Blues Brothers Band, Stockholm 1990 and NEC Birmingham ~1993

Was in Stockholm with two friends, and on the waterfront saw this poster featured in the film (minus Jake & Elwood). The location was listed as Stockholm and the date was that day.

At the time I had no idea the band members in the film were real session musicians.
We thought it was a joke, but asked a local just in case. They pointed us in the right direction. Superb!

June 20: The Blues Brothers Embark On Their “Mission From ...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I saw him play at Sinatra's in Failsworth 

Saw him play at some do at Bramall Lane, Sheffield United in the late 80s. Had a brief chat with him while we both had a jimmy.

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Deep Purple mid 80's in a foot of festival mud at Knebworth

i was there. i wore a denim jacket over a t shirt. i thought i would die of cold. the wind blew the sound all over the place!! My friend went to see u@ at milton Keynes on the same day and he said it was miserable!!

• Like 1

Billy Fury in a long-gone Liverpool club, Snivelling Sh*ts in the 2nd iteration of The Cavern, The Who and Wings at the Liverpool Empire; Canned Heat, early Cliff Richard and Elton John at the Liverpool Philharmonic;  ZZ Top in Bingley hall, Stafford; Eric Clapton, Dire Straits and Chris Rea in Manchester; Loso in Bangkok.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, nikmar said:

i was there. i wore a denim jacket over a t shirt. i thought i would die of cold. the wind blew the sound all over the place!! My friend went to see u@ at milton Keynes on the same day and he said it was miserable!!

Hahahaha yea high summer from what I remember .. Only after we got there did the girl I was with make known she didn't like crowds by fainting in the middle of one .. in a foot of mud .. I gave up trying to pick her up after the 2nd time as D P were just about to start ( remember the laser light show ? ) when she kept saying leave me be .. Looking back now I suspect the fainting was due in part due to the couple of toots on a herbal fag being passed about .. I had to put a towel on the passenger seat of my car to save the upholstery from all the mud on her backside when we eventually got back to it .. not that we were going anywhere fast as the queues to leave lasted for hrs .. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I saw Debbie Harry years ago at The California,and in the early sixties met Tom Jones when he was Tommy Scott and his group were the senetors ,they used to drag a coffin on stage at the start of their gig my father used to book groups ,then i went up to London in the mid 60s, and really had a blast .

Great days. I came from the north of Scotland and did my RAF training at a camp near Aylesbury so didn't go home that much.

I had another aunt in Bristol and saw a few there, the most notable being Roy Orbison.

At the end of 66 I was posted to East Anglia and went to the 3rd Cambridge Folk Festival in 67, saw some great performances there late 60s early 70s. 

This year would have been the 56th festival but unfortunately been cancelled.

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar [Live] HD Marquee Club 1971 Blistering version but whoever edited the footage needs a good kick in the <deleted>

Moved on a bit from 64, but timeless.

I remember my father saying they were a bunch of hippies that would soon be forgotten, but then he only had time for Andy Stewart, saw him in Forres Town Hall.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

to the couple of toots on a herbal fag being passed about

good story. i tried to roll a herbal fag but the wind and rain claimed it. my friend took a long time to forgive me.

We had driven down on the friday night and camped over. great time on friday night but sleeping in soaking clothes in a mud bath is not to be recommended.

The laser show was great. first time Id ever seen anything like it. 

• Like 1

Alice Cooper 

MidNight Oil

and AC/DC

and... what about Brent Spiner? - doing a singing repertoire of JeanLuc Picard, at a StarFest Convention

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, vogie said:

When I was stationed in Bahrain in the early 70s ENSA as it used to be called sent out a group of entertainers who consisted of Marty Wilde, Wee Willie Harris and the Vernon Girls.

I was at Sharjah during 1970 and the same names came when I was there. They took it in turns to host the artists. When it was Marty Wilde they came to the Naafi and me and my mate ended up on the same table as Marty, with wife and daughter Kim, just a little girl then.

• Like 1

Just now, sandyf said:

I was at Sharjah during 1970 and the same names came when I was there. They took it in turns to host the artists. When it was Marty Wilde they came to the Naafi and me and my mate ended up on the same table as Marty, with wife and daughter Kim, just a little girl then.

I seem to recall that Marty Wilde was married to one of the Vernon Girls, but after 9 months in Bahrain the Vernon Girls made a pleasant sight. Can't remember any of the other artists, but everybody enjoyed an evening with a difference.????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petermik said:

Dave Berry and the Cruisers....Kirkholt WMC Rochdale England mid 60,s

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpDQgGj0gk

I lived about 200 yards from Dave Berry in a town outside Sheffield. I am an antique dealer and I would frequent the Auctions around Sheffield / Derbyshire where occasionally Dave would have a guitar in as one of the lots.

As a musician myself I couldn't believe that he would have ever owned most of the instruments he auctioned off. Rumour has it he used to buy them cheap, autograph them and then put them into auction whereupon a fan would willingly pay over the odds for 6 pieces of wire and a plank of wood.

True or not it wasn't the only brazen 'trading' that occurred at 'antique' auctions.

• Like 2

Geez you guys, Timi Yuro was a sixties American pop singer who had a bunch of hits on AM radio. She was Reggie Kray's favorite singer (Duffy plays her in the Tom Hardy film about the Kray brother's "Legend") which she wrote three songs for. Timi used to go to London and do gigs in the Kray clubs during the "swinging' London" period. She had a come back in the mid 70's and played clubs in Las Vegas. Elvis liked her so much he would reserve a table full time wherever she played

28 minutes ago, vogie said:

I seem to recall that Marty Wilde was married to one of the Vernon Girls, but after 9 months in Bahrain the Vernon Girls made a pleasant sight. Can't remember any of the other artists, but everybody enjoyed an evening with a difference.????

Think your right about the Vernons Girls, rings a bell, and I remember Wee Willie Harris, could well have been the same time. Fairly sure Joe Brown also did a tour. Certainly a night to remember, if it wasn't for the ageing process.

In Oct 70 I had to move the Test Equipment from Sharjah up to Bahrain as Sharjah started to close. Took about 6 weeks and then I was repatriated just before Christmas, only did 11 months out of the 13.

• Like 2

Saw Clapton, Elton (2) , McCartney, Chris Rea ( excellent ), James Blunt ( surprisingly very good ), Kiss ( not my favourite but their show was good with the pyrotechnics ), Floyd, Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy, ELO etc

Missed out on some free Eagles tickets at Wembley as had to go travelling.

Most memorable was Olodum ( they were riding the crest of a wave after appearing with Michael Jackson in a video he made in a favela in Rio ) in a gymnasium in Pouso Alegre, Brazil. They didn’t show and the crowd destroyed the equipment , the stage , the toilets and set fire to the ticket office !! 
Nobody got refunded but they came a week later and gave a free show .
I missed out as had to go travelling........again ????

• Like 1